PDA

View Full Version : What is JACKET_P?

jugbugs
2nd December 2005, 12:46
I know you guys know....

Thanks in advance for the help :)

jdobbs
2nd December 2005, 14:34
It's just a directory that holds MPEG-2 encoded pictures of the cover art (usually) for the disc. It can be used by some players as background for splash screens, screen saver, etc... not that many support it, though.

magic144
2nd December 2005, 23:33
yes, and from what I understand, Sony is very, very particular about the technical constraints of its contents

why does that not surprise me???!!!

Rockas
2nd December 2005, 23:38
yes, and from what I understand, Sony is very, very particular about the technical constraints of its contents

why does that not surprise me???!!!
Isn't it Interesting? They can be very "technical constraints" when they want to :D
Thank god... I never bought anything from them :p

HKT3020_1
3rd December 2005, 00:53
I know you guys know....

Thanks in advance for the help :)

WB & Sony have been using these JACKET_P folders for quite some time so if you're interested in copying that too then before creating an ISO, copy the folder from the disc straight into the DVDFILES folder DVD-RB creates. So what you should have is the VIDEO_TS, AUDIO_TS & JACKET_P folder in the DVDFiles folder and then make an image with say ImgTool Classic. ;) It's quite useful if you create a batch of DVDs and forget to label them before placing them in your multi-disc DVD changer. :D