PDA

View Full Version : StaxRip x86 (development for x86 has been stopped)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

asdfsauce
30th January 2006, 01:16
This is how I do it right now.

-Take the TS source that I capture with my PC HDTV tuner and load it into ProjectX for demuxing into M2V and AC3.

-Load the demuxed files into Cuttermaran (really good) for commercial editing.

-Use DGIndex to make a d2v file.

-Crop and resize with GK.

-Load the AVS script generated by GK into MeGUI for encoding.

I thought it would be nice to have an all in one kind of program as things can get a little messy/bloated/painful doing it the other way, especially when working with 10+ Gig files.

Maybe you could add an interface to set cut in/out points by frame number, but I guess that would only be useful to me and there would be the issue of audio. :-/ If I knew it required such a large change to the editing engine, I wouldn't have asked, sorry.

Can you please elaborate?

Right now, with .mpg files, staxrip will demux them with ProjectX and continue as normal. I was suggesting that same behavior for transport stream (.ts .trp) files.

stax76
30th January 2006, 02:49
Maybe you could add an interface to set cut in/out points by frame number, but I guess that would only be useful to me and there would be the issue of audio.

Please elaborate

Right now, with .mpg files, staxrip will demux them with ProjectX and continue as normal. I was suggesting that same behavior for transport stream (.ts .trp) files.

It handles ts, see 'Options/Preperation'.

If GaveUp finishes the work on his AC3 cutter I'll try it, meanwhile I can't do much. The main problem is I don't use AC3 otherwise I would have more insight.

LRN
30th January 2006, 03:45
Maybe you could add an interface to set cut in/out points by frame number, but I guess that would only be useful to me and there would be the issue of audio.
Type "xxxx-yyyy" in some edit field to cut from frame #xxxx to frame #yyyy. That's how i understand this :)

Gehenna
30th January 2006, 11:32
Hi Stax,

Many thanks for the inclusion of Sharktooth`s profiles :) , personally i prefer using x264 at the mo,but its myriad of options tends to perplex me.

Also staxrip seems to be evolving into a more user friendly app (this coming from a Noob like myself)

Thanks

jsquare
30th January 2006, 17:58
Stax, I just tried StaxRip this weekend and I must say that your efforts shows the making of a great application, very customizable and yet easy to use.

As an current user of GK and soon migrating to StaxRip I just want to bring to your attention a few things that could be improved on future versions:

- On cropping menu, an option for 1:1 PAR. Some old DVDs are encoded with wrong DAR/PAR values so adjustments have to be made manually.

- Have some doubts about the CompCheck feature, by looking a the video or avs created I noticed that skips a lot of scenes from original material.

- No really important but if possible the implementation of an permanent preview window(like in GK) that shows you the cropped/resize output without reloading the avs file.

Once again, thanks for this great GUI!

stax76
30th January 2006, 18:37
On cropping menu, an option for 1:1 PAR. Some old DVDs are encoded with wrong DAR/PAR values so adjustments have to be made manually.

For everything not basic a much more detailed description would help a lot.

Have some doubts about the CompCheck feature, by looking a the video or avs created I noticed that skips a lot of scenes from original material.

It's 3 percent, I could make it 5 if that helps, more should imho not be needed.

No really important but if possible the implementation of an permanent preview window(like in GK) that shows you the cropped/resize output without reloading the avs file.

More detailes would help me to understand this better, is the 'Reload' option in the preview sufficient?

bagel
30th January 2006, 19:18
I just did an encode and i chose the MP3 VBR 110 - 150 kbps for my audio track but the output was CBR.

Could you explain why this is. I am using StaxRip_0.9.2.8.zip and installed from scratch using all the recommended apps downloaded via StaxRip.

---------- Audio Encoding ----------

Encoding Type: Command Line Audio Profile
Command Line: "C:\Program Files\StaxRip\Applications\BeSweet\BeSweet.exe" -core( -input "Y:\test\VTS_02_2 T01 2_0ch 224Kbps DELAY -109ms.ac3" -output "Y:\test\VTS_02_2 T01 2_0ch 224Kbps DELAY -109ms_AudioOutput.mp3" ) -azid( -c normal -L -3db ) -ota( -d -109 -hybridgain ) -lame( -V 5 --vbr-new )

---------- Audio Encoding Statistics ----------

Start time: 18:24:40
End time: 18:27:08
Duration: 00:02:28
Speed: 200 fps
Size: 18.1 MB
Bitrate: 127.98 kbps
Video Bitrate: 1094 -> 1094

Here is besweet output from cmd line window

BeSweet v1.5b31 by DSPguru.
--------------------------
Using azid.dll v1.9 (b922) by Midas (midas@egon.gyaloglo.hu).
Using lame_enc.dll v1.32 (8/8/2003), Engine 3.90 <http://www.mp3dev.org/>.

[00:00:00:000] +------- BeSweet -----
[00:00:00:000] | Input : Y:\test\VTS_02_2 T01 2_0ch 224Kbps DELAY -109ms.ac3
[00:00:00:000] | Output: Y:\test\VTS_02_2 T01 2_0ch 224Kbps DELAY -109ms_AudioO
utput.mp3
[00:00:00:000] | Floating-Point Process: Yes
[00:00:00:000] | PostGain normalize to : 0.97
[00:00:00:-109] +-------- AZID -------
[00:00:00:-109] | Input Channels Mode: 2/0, Bitrate: 224kbps
[00:00:00:-109] | Output Stereo mode: Dolby surround compatible
[00:00:00:-109] | Total Gain: 0.000dB, Compression: Normal
[00:00:00:-109] | LFE levels: To LR -3.0dB, To LFE 0.0dB
[00:00:00:-109] | Center mix level: BSI
[00:00:00:-109] | Surround mix level: BSI
[00:00:00:-109] | Dialog normalization: No
[00:00:00:-109] | Rear channels filtering: No
[00:00:00:-109] | Source Sample-Rate: 48.0KHz
[00:00:00:-109] +-------- LAME -------
[00:00:00:-109] | Bitrate method : CBR
[00:00:00:-109] | MP3 bitrate : 128
[00:00:00:-109] | Channels Mode : Joint Stereo
[00:00:00:-109] | Error Protection: No
[00:00:00:-109] +---------------------
[00:04:19:187] transcoding ...ive delay..

jsquare
30th January 2006, 19:54
For everything not basic a much more detailed description would help a lot.

It's 3 percent, I could make it 5 if that helps, more should imho not be needed.

More detailes would help me to understand this better, is the 'Reload' option in the preview sufficient?

The problematic DVD is ZATOICHI 2(B/W Japanese movie/series). With GK I managed a more or less appropriate A/R at 1:1 and 656x272(~2.441:1) resolution, this looks good on my TV. With StaxRip the choices are 656x304 or 640x288 and that makes the picture look stretched out like anamorphic.

As far as the Compcheck 5% sounds good at a lower length/size, something like (280,14).

Don't worry about the preview request, currently using the "reload" feature and it works just fine, but a play option will be nice instead of External Preview, I don't associate the AVS files with a player but with with notepad.

stax76
30th January 2006, 22:03
@bagel

Thanks, good somebody found this finally, it's a BeSweet bug, I'll make a bug report.

edit: it's a BeSweet documentation bug, this works:

-lame( -v --vbr-new -V 1 )

'-v' is not mentioned in the BeSweet docs nor in the lame docs.

The problematic DVD is ZATOICHI 2(B/W Japanese movie/series). With GK I managed a more or less appropriate A/R at 1:1 and 656x272(~2.441:1) resolution, this looks good on my TV. With StaxRip the choices are 656x304 or 640x288 and that makes the picture look stretched out like anamorphic.

In the hotfix below you can ignore the assistant warning about wrong AR, simply change the height, you can use the page up/page down key (currently undocumented) in this text box.

http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/StaxRip_Hotfix.zip

As far as the Compcheck 5% sounds good at a lower length/size, something like (280,14).

Since it's no longer customizable (like it was in DVX) I've hardcoded 280,14 now, again hotfix.

stax76
30th January 2006, 22:57
0.9.2.9 (2006-01-30)

new: Added possibility to pause and resume processing applications.
new: Added support for managing template projects.
new: Some command line switches added, start StaxRip using StaxRip -?
fix: Bug in MP3 command line fixed.

sbp
31st January 2006, 11:04
Dear Stax.

Thank you for making these command line switches. I'm now almost ready to use StaxRip for transcoding my tv-capture.

I use the following bat-file:
c:\staxrip\staxrip.exe -template:tvencoding "d:\sbpproeve3.avi" -encode

But the problem is (at least I think it is) that the input file and the output file have the same name, therefore Staxrip stops and tell me that the source and target filepath is identical.

As I want this process to fire up automatically from a script in the middle of the night, I would ask if it was possible to also tell staxrip (in the bat file) wich output name I would like to use?

Thanks
Steen

quake74
31st January 2006, 13:34
Hi Stax! First of all, compliments for the program. Second, the psp profile is wrong. Maybe you didn't use sharktooth's latest ones, but you also have "mixed ref" checked which was never checked in his profiles (the PSP won't play the mixed ref files).

stax76
31st January 2006, 14:15
But the problem is (at least I think it is) that the input file and the output file have the same name, therefore Staxrip stops and tell me that the source and target filepath is identical.

I've changed it to never generate a target file indentically to the source file but append '_new'.

Hi Stax! First of all, compliments for the program. Second, the psp profile is wrong. Maybe you didn't use sharktooth's latest ones, but you also have "mixed ref" checked which was never checked in his profiles (the PSP won't play the mixed ref files).

Strange because I think my converter is robust as it calls the command line generator in StaxRip and MeGUI, compares the outputted command line and generates VB .NET code or shows a error if the command line is not identically. I've grabbed the profiles from the profiles topic. I'll check it, thanks.

jsquare
31st January 2006, 14:46
Stax thanks for the new updates/changes, the template option is a great idea.

sbp
31st January 2006, 15:02
Dear Stax. Wow that was a fast reply and change (the hotfix). Thank you.

One more request. I have discovered that when started from the command line, StaxRip doesn't close after the encoding is finished. Could you fix that?

Thanks
STeen

stax76
31st January 2006, 15:23
One more request. I have discovered that when started from the command line, StaxRip doesn't close after the encoding is finished. Could you fix that?

If '-standby' is not sufficient (which exits StaxRip) I could add '-exit' to just close StaxRip.

sbp
31st January 2006, 15:47
Thanks
-exit, would be fine.

And if possible, could all these small windows, (log file, stats, virtualdub ect) run invisible, or minimized?
Steen

stax76
31st January 2006, 15:55
@sbp

I'll make a new build once my movie is finished to encode.

EEPROM
31st January 2006, 17:29
Stax, thanks for your great program!
I have a question; How can create a list of files to encode?(Batch encode)
With AutoGK, it's possible with button "ADD Job".
In your program?

stax76
31st January 2006, 17:37
I have a question; How can create a list of files to encode?(Batch encode)
With AutoGK, it's possible with button "ADD Job".
In your program?

It's described here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=777199#post777199

EEPROM
31st January 2006, 18:13
Thanks, sorry for the repetitive question.

sbp
31st January 2006, 19:22
Hi Stax.

I have a new question for you.
Would it be possible for Staxrip to save in the template, information dealing with the encoder configuration?
So that I could have a anime template (where certain settings for the XVID encoder were saved ie cartoon settings, the bitrate ect). Another template for sport - with a higher bitrate and higher quant settings ect.

I don't know if it is possble to save these informations outside the encoder, and then force the encoder to use these settings when the template is used?

Regards
STeen

wdmalik
31st January 2006, 20:27
that job queue option is not working for me, it is grayed out ... i thought it will be functional when i start a job but no .. :(

stax76
31st January 2006, 21:11
Here is the build with the '-exit' command line switch to exit StaxRip from the command line: http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/StaxRip_Hotfix.zip

Would it be possible for Staxrip to save in the template, information dealing with the encoder configuration?

A project template is like a job nothing but a mere project and nothing but that. When you load a profile you load that into the project of course so it's not only possible but works exactly like that.

that job queue option is not working for me, it is grayed out ... i thought it will be functional when i start a job but no ..

I don't know if there is a bug. I think all applications are similar, first you prepare a encode, then you add it to the job list, then you do the same for other jobs, then you start. Did you prepare a encode before you tried to add it to the job list?

stax76
1st February 2006, 03:11

I'm using the latest v20 found here (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=728267#post728267).

Mixed refs for PSP are enabled since v17 as explained here (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=751148#post751148).

sjchmura
2nd February 2006, 01:43
How do you enable the SMP (dual core) support for x264 AVC on versions 408 and higher??? Under MEGUI it has a ncei "check box". Is there a command line we can insert someplace for AMD X2 users?

stax76
2nd February 2006, 02:07
If it's not the '--threads' switch then you could add a switch manually under 'Advanced/CLI/Add'.

http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/screenshots/023.png
http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/screenshots/024.png

LRN
2nd February 2006, 02:07
maybe you should add "--threads 2" option in x264 configuration dialog->CLI->Add to

stax76
2nd February 2006, 02:09
maybe you should add "--threads 2" option in x264 configuration dialog->CLI->Add to

No need to add it by cmdl: http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/screenshots/023.png

LRN
3rd February 2006, 02:50
Sidenote: russian subtitles will be muxed by mp4box correctly ONLY if they're encoded in UTF-8 (SubRip's default "Unicode" output format IS NOT UTF-8! You should open subtitles in text editor (Notepad will do fine) and re-save them as UTF-8). Doutsch, English and Francais subtitles mux without problems and does not require any encoding changes.
Using SubRip v1.50 beta 3; mp4box v0.4.1-dev; I'll report here if i find something else about this.

Also...Mp4box says "AVC-H264 import - frame size 720 x 576 at 25.000 FPS". But my video isn't 720x576 (actually it is 720x544)! Why? (resulting file is okay though)

Also...
I posted earler about ":name" tag for audio tracks. Here's explanation WHY it must be implemented:
I placed mp4box in dvd's directory and created bat-file:

MP4Box.exe -fps 25.000 -add "VTS_01_1_EncoderOutput.264" -add "VTS_01_1 ru-Russian 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms_AudioOutput.mp4:lang=rus" -add "VTS_01_1 ru-Russian 2_0ch 224Kbps DELAY 0ms_AudioOutput.mp4:lang=rus" -add "russian.srt:lang=rus:name=Russian" -add "English.srt:lang=eng:name=English" -add "Francais.srt:lang=fra:name=Francais" -add "Deutsch.srt:lang=deu:name=Deutsch" -chap "chapters.txt" -new "VTS_01_1_STAXs_WAY.mp4"
MP4Box.exe -fps 25.000 -add "VTS_01_1_EncoderOutput.264:name=Video:lang=rus" -add "VTS_01_1 ru-Russian 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms_AudioOutput.mp4:lang=rus:name=Russian Surround" -add "VTS_01_1 ru-Russian 2_0ch 224Kbps DELAY 0ms_AudioOutput.mp4:lang=rus:name=Russian Stereo" -add "russian.srt:lang=rus:name=Russian" -add "English.srt:lang=eng:name=English" -add "Francais.srt:lang=fra:name=Francais" -add "Deutsch.srt:lang=deu:name=Deutsch" -chap "chapters.txt" -new "VTS_01_1.LRNs_WAY.mp4"

I attached screenshot wich explains differences: both tracks are "Russian", but with labels you can point, what one is stereo, and the second is 5.1. Also i saw once a dvd with russian 2 soundtracks (t'was refactored classic movie) - one "original" stereo with old actor's voices and one "modern" 5.1 with new actor's voices. Same thing.
Or, for example, you have DVD with 2 soundtracks (English and Director's comments (English too)). Without labels there will be just 2 English tracks, and this may confuse people.
And of course, these "GPAC blah-blah Handler" doesn't look funny :-/
Remember: there IS ":name" tag for subtitles.

If for some reason you can't see attached picture, you can find it here (http://lrn.no-ip.info/other/lrn_stax_way.png)

AnnaFell
3rd February 2006, 10:22
Hey Stax
I hope my problem is still unreported (maybe just because of a small mistake), but it's driving me crazy. :(

So, I tried to decode a DVD to a MP4-file, using x264 for video and aac 5.1 for the audio stream. Everything worked well for me, but as I took a look at the final result, I was wondering about the poor video-quality (though video-bitrate was about ~900kbit/s) …
So I had a closer look at the video properties and I saw, that there were two audio streams (the old ac3-file and the new aac-file).

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to demux the audio via DVDShrink when I copy the files on my HD? Meanwhile I had the same problem as I redecoded a mpg-file into a smaller filesize to a mp4-file.

PS: Later on I could add a screenshot, but now I'm at work :)

stax76
3rd February 2006, 15:27
@LRN

I think I can add the name tag, I'll have to do so for all muxers since this will actually be option of the audio profile. Regarding subtitles, I think creating UTF-8 is a feature SubRip should offer.

@AnnaFell

MP4 don't even support AC3, please post your muxing and encoding command lines from the log file.

LRN
3rd February 2006, 16:17
AnnaFell, if you play your mp4, while it is in the same dir as DVD (and StaxRip files: i.e. ripped ac3), you will hear two (or more) audio tracks in the same time. To correct this, move mp4 to some other place. At least I experience this bug (i think it's MPC-related)

pablorosatti
3rd February 2006, 16:26
Can StaxRip include OGG Vorbis format as one of the audio output formats???

Thanx in advance.

stax76
3rd February 2006, 16:38
Can StaxRip include OGG Vorbis format as one of the audio output formats???

Thanx in advance.

http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/screenshots/030.png

boombastic
4th February 2006, 20:10
It would be very usefull to me if i could mange the job queue during the encoding for example to add a second job or remove one which is already there,and so on.Is there a way to do it?

wdmalik
4th February 2006, 22:44
It would be very usefull to me if i could mange the job queue during the encoding for example to add a second job or remove one which is already there,and so on.Is there a way to do it?

Just before pressing "next" for final encoding process to start, go to view->Jobs->New,

@Stax
Just a suggestion, plz rename 'New' to 'ADD', also i think the software should ask at the final stage "Do you want this job to be added to queue",

hellfred
4th February 2006, 22:46
Hi Stax
This question my sound stupid, but nevertheless:
How to cut Comercials from avi source?
I have captured a tv-show (avi, ffdshow`s mjpec as codec and two uncompressed audio channels = stereo) and want to encode it with StaxRip. The file is about 9GB in size and stored on a NTFS partition.
So I choose the avi as source and the audio gets extracted. I provide a new filename as Target. Then I follow the suggestions and crop the file and press Next. I tune the resizer and get the suggestion to tune the filters. I do so and press Next. I am advised to open the Preview and cut. I press on the text, the preview is diplayed, and i use the keys to search for the beginning of the first commercial. I press Beginn Selection. I search to the End of the first commercial, in the slidebar an yellow area is growing. I find the end of the Comerial, press End Section, the selected area turns green with a blue part at the current position. Afterwars i press delete Section, the green area is lost and I move on to the beginning of the next commercial, till i have deleted all commercials. But when looking at the avs-Script, that is used for encoding with xvid, I do not see any Trim-statements. Just the crop.
Is that all right? Should I get some sort of feedback from my trimming/cutting? Is it normal that the compressability-check, that is suggested next, is done in an instant?

Hellfred

LRN
4th February 2006, 23:46
Cutting doesn't work that way. Instead of cutting movie right on the place, you must select sections, wich will not be deleted on encoding. So, if you need to cut commercials, you should select everything but commercials. When all needed parts are selected, close Preview window and continue setting up your job.

boombastic
5th February 2006, 00:16
Just before pressing "next" for final encoding process to start, go to view->Jobs->New,

@Stax
Just a suggestion, plz rename 'New' to 'ADD', also i think the software should ask at the final stage "Do you want this job to be added to queue",

I don't understand your answer,sorry;i mean that i'd like to start the encoding for a job and in the middle of this encoding i'd like to setup another job and add it to the queue which is already being processed

hellfred
5th February 2006, 10:09
Cutting doesn't work that way. Instead of cutting movie right on the place, you must select sections, wich will not be deleted on encoding. So, if you need to cut commercials, you should select everything but commercials. When all needed parts are selected, close Preview window and continue setting up your job.
Thanks LRN. I will try it this way. After using VDub exclusivly for cutting, I never thought it would work the other way round.

Another Problem: The Audio is out of sync with the video on the live capture. Audio is delayed approx. 1/10 of a second at the beginning of the clip, and approx. one second at the end. I have found a place to enter the initial delay.
(In the main dialog, open the pulldown menue at the end of the line, that beginns with Track1, and choose "Edit...". In the upcoming dialog, there is an textbox labled "Delay:")
Is there a way to strech the mp3 while encoding the wav in BeSweet? The comandline looks like this:"D:\Software\StaxRip\StaxRip_0.9.2.8\Applications\BeSweet\BeSweet.exe" -core( -input "I:\cap\Galactica2.wav" -output "I:\cap\Galactica2_AudioOutput.mp3" ) -azid( -c normal -L -3db ) -ota( -d 0 -hybridgain ) -lame( -V 5 --vbr-new )
In the moment the only way to sync the audio is VirtualDubMod audio filtering, where there is a stretch option if one eables advanced filtering. But I am afraid that i will not be alble to cut the commercials without reencoding the clip once more.

Hellfred

hellfred
5th February 2006, 11:32
Hi folks
I had a look at the comand line switches of BeSweet and have altert the comand line to fit my needs:"%application:BeSweet%" -core( -input "%input%" -output "%output%" ) -azid( -c normal -L -3db ) -ota( -d %delay% -hybridgain -r 10000 10027 ) -lame( -V 5 --vbr-new )
The video clip is 2 hours and 2 minutes (7320 seconds) and the audio has to be stretcht so that it is 2 Seconds longer (7320 seconds). Therefore the factor has to be 7322/7320=1.00027
So I think, the best I can get is change the frame rate from 10000 to 10027.
The "-r" switch is described in BeSweet/help/ota.html:
Rate Switches
-fs
force a sample-rate value

this bypass BeSweet's engine for determing the sample-rate of input files, and sets is manually

usefull sometime when processing an headerless pcm stream
-r
a frame rate convertor

example : "-r 23976 25000" will convert a 23.976fps stream (NTSC) to a 25.000fps stream (PAL)

stax76
5th February 2006, 13:07

Not anytime soon and unlikely in the future. The current architecture don't allow this, changing it would be a major effort and generally likely a lot more tricky. IIRC most other apps don't allow this either and the ones that do was probably designed from the beginning to support it. If I knew before there are so many request regarding jobs (that I hardly use) I would have probably worked out a better architecture.

Just a suggestion, plz rename 'New' to 'ADD'

I was 'Add' but I changed it because I thought it would be easier use/understand even I like 'Add' more. I consider changing it again.

also i think the software should ask at the final stage "Do you want this job to be added to queue"

How exactly should it be done?

About cutting, I consider VirtualDub not being intuitive here although a topic by neuron2 proves that a lot people got accustomed to that way of cutting. On the other side I missed to check other apps like VideReDo or VDR that have a similar approach in order to possibly learn something but I still want to do it.

Another Problem: The Audio is out of sync with the video on the live capture.

Stretching sounds nasty, maybe another capture or demux software works better.

hellfred
5th February 2006, 13:34
Stretching sounds nasty, maybe another capture or demux software works better.
After having tryed different methodes to sync audio and video in the last view hours, I fianlly came to the conclusion, that it is not worth the time. The audio stream does not only have the initial delay, but the delay grows irregular over the movie with some attemps to sync it back by VirtualVCR, that bring the audio stream to somewhere nerare the initial delay, but halfway through the show things get worse. Additional, I noticed that the show (prelude of the Starchip Glactica series) was censored. So I decided to give up.
Thanks for your tips anyway, LRN and stax

Hellfred

wdmalik
5th February 2006, 18:48
I don't understand your answer,sorry;i mean that i'd like to start the encoding for a job and in the middle of this encoding i'd like to setup another job and add it to the queue which is already being processed

My apologies, :o

wdmalik
5th February 2006, 18:55
How exactly should it be done?

Like when u press next for encoding to start, instead of encoding the job is added to queue, pressing 'add' in the job window brings us back to the blank project window [by this i mean the window when staxrip is started], and the process continues

i hope this helps a bit ..

3dsnar
5th February 2006, 19:01
I have recently tested your new software DVD encoder.
I have to say this is impressive tool.

Here goes my quesion.
Is this possible for you to add Aud-X 5.1 encoder to the supported audio formats?

Please let me know what you think.

(Aud-X is a newly released 5.1 sound coding technology, compatible
with AVI and having low bitrate. Please check out our web site: www.aud-x.com)

stax76
5th February 2006, 19:39
Like when u press next for encoding to start, instead of encoding the job is added to queue, pressing 'add' in the job window brings us back to the blank project window [by this i mean the window when staxrip is started], and the process continues

I'm thinking about simplifying the process of adding a job.

Is this possible for you to add Aud-X 5.1 encoder to the supported audio formats?

I'll have to check Aud-X, if it's free and can do something valuable that can't already be done with tools already integrated and StaxRip users want Aud-X then I see no problem. The more formats StaxRip supports the better it is. I would need a URL to the cmdl apps packed using zip (without unnecessary sub directory) and the names and command lines for the profiles.

3dsnar
5th February 2006, 19:51

I'll have to check Aud-X, if it's free and can do something valuable that can't already be done with tools already integrated and StaxRip users want Aud-X then I see no problem. The more formats StaxRip supports the better it is. I would need a URL to the cmdl apps packed using zip (without unnecessary sub directory) and the names and command lines for the profiles.

Please check it out. We will have to prepare the cli interface (if you find Aud-X worth considering).
Within the first 4 weeks over 15000 poeple downloaded our software,
so it seems to be appreciated by users.

LRN
5th February 2006, 20:11
If I knew before there are so many request regarding jobs (that I hardly use) I would have probably worked out a better architecture. You could implement this in next version (StaxRip v2.0)

stax76
5th February 2006, 20:37
You could implement this in next version (StaxRip v2.0)

It would be a major effort and pain but who knows.

LRN
5th February 2006, 21:50
I'll be really pleased, if you, at some point, begin to write next major version of StaxRip. Maybe, on other language (you know, VB is nor the most spread, nor the best of the languages), with new architecture (to correct some unimplementable features, like mentioned above) and new ideas. Maybe i could even write few strings of code for StaxRip then :)

Bad news:
While Pause/Resume works indeed, x264.exe still consumes large ammount of RAM (~200 Mb). Looks like we should ask x264 for Pause/Resume feature.

stax76
6th February 2006, 03:48
you know, VB is nor the most spread, nor the best of the languages

I know quite a few languages and I don't think there is something that would have worked much better for StaxRip.

LRN
6th February 2006, 12:16
You can't maintain this project forever. If at some point you'll have to stop developement (for some reason), StaxRip will die (since there's not too much experienced VB developers in OpenSource world, IMHO (compare 2252 VB projects, listed on SourceForge, with 17570 C++ projects (it's just C++ only, not even C or C#!)). C++ is much more reliable , because almost everyone knows C++ (no, i'm NOT C++ fan, actually i'm a Delphi fan :)) and can help you in developement (or replace you, if you quit). This is why OpenSource exists.
I suggest you to think about C++ Builder (it's a good tradeoff between speed/GUI/Language).
Allright, let's stop this offtopic :) Forget what i sad.

stax76
6th February 2006, 14:29
0.9.3.0 (2006-02-06)

new: All unfinished help documents completed, new DVB Guide, guide section to list guides by other authors and some other help improvement.
new: Improved GUI for editing command lines and script.
new: Improved command line encoder incl. support for compressibility check.
new: MP4 and MKV stream name tags.

Franky
6th February 2006, 15:59
It seems MeGUI has problems with 64 bit systems as well, but apparently there's a solution. Quoting Richard Berg "The solution is to add /platform:x86 to the C# compiler options".

Now... Would this solution work with StaxRip as well?

stax76
6th February 2006, 16:07
Quoting Richard Berg "The solution is to add /platform:x86 to the C# compiler options".

Now... Would this solution work with StaxRip as well?

I'll give it a try.

dimzon
6th February 2006, 16:23
I suggest you to think about C++ Builder (it's a good tradeoff between speed/GUI/Language).
dotNet is too young yet to have same popularity as C++. But it's popularity speed is extreme fast now (mach faster than C++). So StaxRip will not die until it will provide unique and user-friendly features ;)

Comparing dotNet code vs C++ code I must say:
dotNet code is MUCH easy to maintain. And speaking about speed I must say - it's good enought for GUI...

boombastic
6th February 2006, 18:11
I wonder why the staxrip commandline says VBR encoding for the audio while the besweet windows says CBR endoing like you can see in the attached:

stax76
6th February 2006, 18:22
I wonder why the staxrip commandline says VBR encoding for the audio while the besweet windows says CBR endoing like you can see in the attached:

Maybe it's this problem: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=777770#post777770

It was fixed in version 0.9.2.9

boombastic
6th February 2006, 19:04
In fact i was using the 0.9.2.7 version,thanks!
I dreated several filter profiles,is there a way to import these profile into the new version?It wuold be quite a long job to redo them!

stax76
6th February 2006, 19:41
There is a directory 'Settings', StaxRip implements a settings versioning method (some of my best code) just greatly improved in version 0.9.3.0 so you should be able to keep your settings.

edit: Just uploaded a new build (same version) that has better backward compatibility with old settings.

http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/download/StaxRip_0.9.3.0.zip

nickolasemp
6th February 2006, 20:26
What do I have to do in order to give 5.1 winamp's aac-plus v2 in staxrip? What is the right one:
AAC- Add an existing he file
AAC- Add an existing lc file
or does staxrip not support v2 yet?

Thank you in advance Stax.

stax76
6th February 2006, 20:52
@nickolasemp

I don't know, unless I'm missing something (-> bug) MP4Box don't need this information so both will work.

To make this clear, can someone explain me what that means:

-sbr: backward compatible signaling of AAC-SBR
-sbrx: non-backward compatible signaling of AAC-SBR
* Note: SBR AAC cannot be detected at import time

Currently StaxRip don't use these switches.

LRN
6th February 2006, 23:23
For compressed data, like HE-AAC coded audio, which can be decoded by different decoder configurations, special attention is needed. In this case, decoding can be done in a backward-compatible fashion (AAC only) as well as in an enhanced fashion (AAC+SBR). In order to insure that timestamps are correct (so that audio remains synchronized with other media), the following must considered concerning MPEG-4 Systems and Audio:
If compressed data permits both backward-compatible and enhanced decoding, and if the decoder is operating in a backwards-compatible fashion, then the decoder does not have to take any action. However if the decoder is operating in enhanced fashion such that it is using a post-processor that inserts some additional delay (e.g., the SBR post-processor in HE-AAC), then it must notify Systems about the additional time delay incurred relative to the backwards-compatible mode. With the delay thus indicated, Systems can handle the timestamps of the composition units as needed so as to compensate for the additional delay.
For HE-AAC using implicit signaling or backward compatible explicit signaling, the original access unit timestamps hence apply to backward-compatible AAC decoding and timestamp adjustment for delay-compensation is needed in case of AAC+SBR decoding. For HE-AAC using hierarchical explicit signaling, backward compatible decoding is not possible and the original access unit timestamps hence apply to AAC+SBR decoding.

The Figure below shows the composition unit that is generated by an AAC decoder (upper half) and by an HE-AAC decoder operating SBR in dual-rate mode (lower half) when being fed with an access unit of an HE-AAC bitstream that employs backward compatible signaling. Note that the composition time stamp associated to said access unit applies to the n-th sample of the composition unit. For the AAC decoder case, n has the value 1. For the HE-AAC decoder case, n has the value 962+1 to reflect the additional algorithmic delay of 962 samples of the SBR tool at the HE-AAC output sampling rate (which is twice the sampling rate of the backward compatible AAC output).

from http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc29/open/29view/29n7189t.doc

wdmalik
7th February 2006, 20:44

looking forward to it .. :)

A Query ...
Why the software doesn't accept divx 6.1.1 as accepted divx version ... :confused:

A Request
Can u implement auto Subtitles [I mean we only select the required subtitles and subrip rips and encodes them automatically],

What is meant by "Post Processing MODE" ?

I really like the application update setup ... cool ... efficient and extremely user friendly

stax76
7th February 2006, 21:19
@LRN

It's a complicated, so I don't need those switches?

Why the software doesn't accept divx 6.1.1 as accepted divx version ...

I think it's only available as update which is problematic for the download feature, you can however use it anyway, no problem with that.

Can u implement auto Subtitles [I mean we only select the required subtitles and subrip rips and encodes them automatically]

I would like to but it's not easy as discussed before in this thread.

What is meant by "Post Processing MODE"

It's described by a tooltip but wasn't yet tested with a real life scenario so it might be flawed.

ricardo.santos
7th February 2006, 23:34
I think it's only available as update which is problematic for the download feature, you can however use it anyway, no problem with that.

its already part of the divx create bundle (http://www.divx.com/divx/create/?hp3createmoreinfo).

stax76
7th February 2006, 23:43
What about the play bundle, last time I tried it wasn't 6.1.1.

ricardo.santos
8th February 2006, 01:12
What about the play bundle, last time I tried it wasn't 6.1.1.

correct me if im wrong:
StaxRip is a video encoding tool that supports divx(and others) and if i was to encode a video using divx i would download the create bundle not the play bundle.

divx create bundle:The DivX Create Bundle gives you everything you need to create, play, manage and burn DivX® videos.

The DivX Converter, part of DivX Create, requires an optional MPEG-2/DVD plug-in to convert MPG, VOB, TS and SVCD files.

The DivX Create Bundle requires Windows 2K/XP.

divx play bundle:The DivX Play Bundle gives you everything you need to watch, manage and burn your DivX® videos.

The DivX Play Bundle requires Windows 2K/XP.

stax76
8th February 2006, 01:18
The main difference is one contains the player and the other the converter, the codec is included in both.

wdmalik
8th February 2006, 02:22
I don't think that you have PRO Codec in Play Bundle

LRN
8th February 2006, 06:40
-sbr : forces importing the AAC-ADTS file as AAC SBR (aka HE-AAC, aka aacPlus) with backward compatible signaling (eg non SBR aware decoders should play the file).
-sbrx : forces importing the AAC-ADTS file as AAC SBR (aka HE-AAC, aka aacPlus) with non-backward compatible signaling (eg non SBR aware decoders should NOT play the file).
Note : MP4Box CANNOT detect whether AAC input is regular or SBR AAC, so you must use one fo these options if you want to import AAC SBR files.

I think we should stick with compatible mode, unless we know, what most decoders support SBR (from what i know, any HE-AAC decoder should support it since it's one of the main differences between LC and HE)

2. Also, if I choose HE-AAC and Export ISO AAC stream from the BeSweet commandline, is the resulting .aac SBR HE-AAC or just regular LC-AAC?
2) HE-AAC is always SBR HE-AAC. With Export ISO AAC stream option you get a .aac file instead a .mp4, different container but the same audio stream.

I think we missed this long ago :) All my AACs (except LC ones) were HE and thus SBR, but since you didn't added this switch to mp4box commandline, they are muxed as non-SBR :(

stax76
8th February 2006, 08:33
I don't think that you have PRO Codec in Play Bundle

I think both incl. a six month trial.

@LRN

I've used HE with mkv only because of vobsub which is much much better documented and has a reference GUI. Just checked other MP4Box GUIs and not all of them have a option to handle this so it's a common problem. I'll fix it shortly.

LRN
9th February 2006, 10:34
Just tested "pause/resume" on x264 --threads 2
Works the same way as for --threads 1. Hurray!
Also, maybe it's luck - but i feel what --threads 2 is MUCH faster than --threads 1, even with virtual processors (HT)

vladlp
9th February 2006, 11:09
After two weeks of testing I am very surprise, it’s possible to tune StaxRip almost for everything:)
Just few additional wishes:
1) In Crop menu is SmartCrop options, but I can’t find possibility to use it without going to CropMenu, just as options for TemplateProject.
2) It’s not so important, but probably you will have time to add options to setup how much percent of movie use for compressibility test. As usual 5% is OK, but from my experience some time it’s good to have this value a little bigger.
3) As I have seen you activity hear on forum in topics about auto source type detection (interlace and etc.) hope we can expect this feature in nearest feature.

And the last things. For a long time I try to solve the problem how to automatically encode few movie with target size specify for all of them together. (As I (but think not only I) encode and then burn my movies to DVD, it comes as usual 3-5 films per DVD) After you added command line support to StaxRip it’s became possible!!!! Just what is necessary to have switches to make only compressibility test and then save project (.rip) files. I am not very familiar with VB.NET (I am C++ programmer, but think it’s not so difficult:) ) but then I can write small additional program in which one can specify source files for encoding, template, and target size for all of them. From this program will start StaxRip with compressibility test only options for each of all incomes files and after it read necessary information (length, compressibility and etc. ) from saved project files and adjust it to receive specify target size by slightly changing quality for all of them proportional (or in worth case also changing width ) and then run StaxRip with modify project files to encode. As result – absolutely automatically system to encode as much as you need movies (series of some serial) with any target size for all of them.
What do you think about it?

LRN
9th February 2006, 12:24
Sounds like Nero Recode 2 :) Cool!

stax76
9th February 2006, 14:16
@vladlp

I'll see what I can add.

KorbenDallas
9th February 2006, 20:31
Hi!

First of all I have to say thank you for this great tool.

As an old DVX user I often created ogm files with 2 audio tracks.
Now I tried to do the same with StaxRip and mkv files which seemed to work flawlessly but when I watched them I had to realize that the 2 audio tracks were the same. (2x english instead of engl + german). the source files ARE different of course ;-)

So I checked the command line which says:

"C:\Programme\MKVtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "D:\\VIDEO_TS\test.mkv" --track-name 0:Video "D:\THE_ISLAND\VIDEO_TS\test_EncoderOutput.avi" --language 0:deu --track-name "0:Deutsch (AC3)" --sync 0:-24 "D:\\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_1 de-German 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -24ms.ac3" --language 0:eng --track-name "0:English (AC3)" --sync 0:-24 "D:\\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_1 en-English 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -24ms.ac3" --title "VTS_02_1"

I guess the second track shouldn't be track 0, too?! Or am I missing something else here?

Best regards and thanx for help!
Korben

LRN
10th February 2006, 03:21
I don't think what %language_native% is good thing, since it is in some unknown encoding format and thus displays wrong in context menus. Maybe, you should convert these tags to UTF-8, or use variables with latin names (i.e. English, Russian etc) instead of local names (i.e. English, Русский etc)

/*sets track handler name. name is either NULL (reset), a UTF-8 formatted string or a UTF8 file
resource in the form "file://path/to/file_utf8" */
GF_Err gf_isom_set_handler_name(GF_ISOFile *the_file, u32 trackNumber, const char *nameUTF8);

I failed to use UTF-8 string (for some reason it doesn't work, with BOM, or without it), and file-name too (i tried both "file://D:/test.txt", "file://localhost/D:/test.txt" and "file:///D:/test.txt"). test.txt is UTF-8, same way as chapter-file.

fogbav
10th February 2006, 12:13
Is it possible to add Proxy Support for the Updates (download) ?

Maybe fetch this from IE ...

thanx

Warrex
10th February 2006, 12:16
The DivX Codec 6.1.1 is now integrated into the DivX Play Bundle.

See here: http://www.divx.com/divx/play/

stax76
10th February 2006, 19:01
@KorbenDallas

I'll test it.

@LRN

I work on the unicode issue.

Is it possible to add Proxy Support for the Updates (download) ?

I'm clueless about security which appear to be involved here.

The DivX Codec 6.1.1 is now integrated into the DivX Play Bundle.

Thanks

Warrex
10th February 2006, 21:12
StaxRip will prompt with an error message when renaming audio output files from DGIndex if there is more than one track with both the same language and bitrate.

Example:

StaxRip will try to rename the following DGIndex out files

VTS_01_1 T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3 // (english)
VTS_01_1 T02 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3 // (english)

both to

VTS_01_1 en-English 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3

which will obviously cause an error on the second file as the filename already exists. I would recommend to just keep the track index from DGIndex.

stax76
10th February 2006, 21:22
which will obviously cause an error on the second file as the filename already exists. I would recommend to just keep the track index from DGIndex.

How do you know then what language the track is?

Warrex
10th February 2006, 21:39
How do you know then what language the track is?

When saying keep the track id I meant a format like this "VTS_01_1 T01 en-English 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3". Then you have language info for identification and the track id to make sure that you will not get renaming errors.

stax76
10th February 2006, 22:00
I'll change it to 'T01 en-English'.

Warrex
10th February 2006, 22:03
I'll change it to 'T01 en-English'.

:thanks:

stax76
11th February 2006, 15:33
I don't think what %language_native% is good thing, since it is in some unknown encoding format

It is unicode, the values of the chars are > 1000, .NET and Win32 both use UTF-16, it works using mkv, Haali and MPC but not with MP4, Zoom Player and VLC. Both of us could not get it to work nor somebody else I know so if and how it can work can only be answered by the developers of the according tools. What's most reasonable to use as stream name is another question that might not be so easy to answer but I welcome everybody to give input. I tend to change this as you've proposed using the english name which has best compatibility.

bratao
11th February 2006, 16:01
My encode line to use he winamp aac codec
"%application:BeSweet%" -core( -input "%input%" -output "%output%" ) -azid( -s stereo -L -3db ) -ota( -d %delay% -g max ) -dimzon( -dllname bse_WinampAacPlusV2.dll -cbr 32 -mode 4 -v 2 )

then i chage the code to accept mp3 as input, and to output the file as extension AAC

So everything its good now with the winamp codec !, should be good if you do this with official version !
thnks !

stax76
11th February 2006, 17:16
should be good if you do this with official version

I would need more infos about all required libraries. Download URL's etc.

bratao
11th February 2006, 17:36
This is the problem.
It come with winamp, but i dont know the licence.

For me (and others test show it too) ,its the best encoder out there, it support PS, SBR and on.. Its 3 times faster and infinite better audio than the nero one,

The realAnime come bundle with it..

bagel
11th February 2006, 22:57
stax, i'm not sure if your mp3 command lines are correct for the version of lame_enc.dll included with besweet. i have upgraded the dll i use to the one recommended from hydrogenaudio forums (3.97 beta 2) and the command line now seems to work correctly. before i did this i was getting oversized mp3 :(

i am using the latest version of staxrip.

stax76
12th February 2006, 00:40
It come with winamp, but i dont know the licence.

It would have to be freeware.

stax, i'm not sure if your mp3 command lines are correct for the version of lame_enc.dll included with besweet. i have upgraded the dll i use to the one recommended from hydrogenaudio forums (3.97 beta 2) and the command line now seems to work correctly. before i did this i was getting oversized mp3

That version is included with the download but the new dll was added later (0.9.2.9 (2006-01-30))
so I recommend everybody to download BeSweet again. I don't know why BeSweet is using a three years old version. Well, I should add another warning.

boombastic
12th February 2006, 09:22
I've got a problem:i'd like to encode my dvds only cropping not resizing but if i don't select the resize filter the avis i get are always stretched in their height direction,why?

LRN
12th February 2006, 13:30
Because this is ana...amo...anomo....errr...It's 16:9 ratio DVD (frame is almost square, but in player it is autimatically squeezed by height, so it looks like rectangule). You must resize it. If in "crop" dialog frame looks square - that is the case.
Also, you MUST resize frame, if it's size (both height and width) is not x16. And after cropping it is, typically, not x16.
Now you see: you crop (now you must round resolution to nearest x16) and you have to squeeze it by height anyway.
Encoding without resizing is possible only for normal-frame-sized video and only if you don't crop, or crop by x16 (i.e. 720->704)

stax76
12th February 2006, 13:44
If no resize filter is found StaxRip signals the PAR to any codec which supports PAR signaling. This behaviour can be disabled in the options, this option has no rational reason for existing, it's only there to give users a hint that StaxRip supports AR signaling. StaxRip does not insist however the width and hight are a multible of 16 in that case but that's likely to be fixed.

Gawwad
12th February 2006, 16:55
great tool stax! :cool:
i love it :p
its the tool i always use to convert my TV captured videos
what i realy like the most about StaxRip is this:
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/2536/clipboard019ly.jpg
http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/screenshots/002.png
http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/screenshots/037.png

so basicly i just use StaxRip to do the whole thing, from joining mutiple captured videos, removing commercials out, cropping, encoding, etc..
it saved me from buying or using softwares such as VideoReDo Plus

amazing software!

so will we see in the future:

lower bitrate encoding for end credits in movies (preferibly with a preview screen like the FairUse Wizard one (http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/7826/clipboard103vu.jpg))
notification for updates
.ifo support
.dat extension support, so it can be used to encode multiple vcds to one output video

pablak
12th February 2006, 18:34
Remember me from DVX times (polish translation)?

One question:
Is any possibility to use as a source rmvb format?

StaxRip works OK for rmvb video but have no idea what to do with sound.

stax76
12th February 2006, 19:52
lower bitrate encoding for end credits in movies (preferibly with a preview screen like the FairUse Wizard one)

It'll be supported for codecs with Zones (XviD and x264).

notification for updates

Not anytime soon as, my to do list is huge so some features will take longer than others.

.ifo support

I have no plans for it though StaxRip already inspects IFO files that match with the name of the opened vob files.

.dat extension support, so it can be used to encode multiple vcds to one output video

It's not common enough, maybe it's possible to make customize StaxRip for it, did you inspect 'Options/Preperation'.

Remember me from DVX times (polish translation)?

Of course I do :)

Is any possibility to use as a source rmvb format?

StaxRip works OK for rmvb video but have no idea what to do with sound.

It's likely possible but tricky and depending on what exactly you want to achieve there might be different ways.

pablak
12th February 2006, 20:07
It's likely possible but tricky and depending on what exactly you want to achieve there might be different ways.

So,

I want to transcode rmvb to avi (compatible with standalone players).
I need demux audio from rmvb then rest of the work will be standard work with StaxRip ;).

I think about making rmvb as one of standard input (maybe output too) format for StaxRip.

Then will be "..And StaxRip For All":D

Gawwad
12th February 2006, 20:37
thanx for the quick reply :p

It's not common enough, maybe it's possible to make customize StaxRip for it, did you inspect 'Options/Preperation'.

well vcds r quite popular in alot of countries such as in the middle east and hong kong, and some times some movies there are only released in vcds :(

well techinicaly, if i just rename the extension from .dat to .mpg, it will work perfectly with StaxRip, as .dat files of the vcds are mpeg1 videos as you know
so all i am trying to say, is it possible if you just enable the recoginition of the .dat extension as an mpeg video
it will just make our lives easier and save us from renaming the extensions of the video files of the vcds
well AutoGK and Dr.DivX do recognise .dat extension as mpeg video
so why not with StaxRip, which is IMO better than them :cool:

hellfred
12th February 2006, 20:48
great tool stax! :cool:
i love it :p
its the tool i always use to convert my TV captured videos

so basicly i just use StaxRip to do the whole thing, from adding mutiple captured videos, removing commercials out, cropping, encoding, etc..
it saved me from buying or using softwares such as VideoReDo Plus

amazing software!

I have used StaxRip for processing some analog cptures, too. One thing that came to my mind then was: Is it possible to run the audio extraction in the background (e. g. as thread), so that one can immediately progress to the cutting - resizing - triming and codec configuration for the video? For huge captured avi files of several GB (uncompressed audio and lossless compressed video at full PAL resolution), extracting the wav can take several minutes and I would prefere to use the time for setting up the video processing.

Hellfred

stax76
12th February 2006, 20:51
So,

I want to transcode rmvb to avi (compatible with standalone players).
I need demux audio from rmvb then rest of the work will be standard work with StaxRip ;).

I think about making rmvb as one of standard input (maybe output too) format for StaxRip.

Then will be "..And StaxRip For All":D

It's hard to auto handle everything and make defaults for everything like WMV, DVR-MS, PSP, iPod etc., there are dozens of different formats and devices, I don't have such source files, devices and I don't know the specs and I don't have the time to work out everything myself so the more detail in forms of tutorials, links, urls, command lines, scripts, specs or even patches people supply me the easier and more likely it is there will be better support for a given format or device. If you managed to confige StaxRip to handle your format and tell me how you did it and send me sample clip or tell me what is needed to add support for something it's much easier for me add defaults or make changes to better support the format.

well vcds r quite popular in alot of countries such as in the middle east and hong kong, and some times some movies there are only released in vcds

well techinicaly, if i just rename the extension from .dat to .mpg, it will work perfectly with StaxRip, as .dat files of the vcds are mpeg1 videos as you know
so all i am trying to say, is it possible if you just enable the recoginition of the .dat extension as an mpeg video
it will just make our lives easier and save us from renaming the extensions of the video files of the vcds
well AutoGK and Dr.DivX do recognise .dat extension as mpeg video
so why not with StaxRip, which is IMO better than them

That might be a little problem, if you modify the DGIndex preparer to handle dat, does that work? What else would be needed to change? I can change the defaults of course, I thought dat is some esoteric format...

davidlt
12th February 2006, 21:15
Can i use StaxRip for HDTV TS recoding?.. I tryed, but it didn` work...

stax76
12th February 2006, 21:20
@davidlt

So what was the problem?

davidlt
12th February 2006, 21:25
Problem with DGIndex, "No data. Check your PIDS"...
I have tryed to chose other PID, but later I still get more problems with output...
"File doesn`t exist: D:\.. ... ...\sample_AudioOutput.pm4"
and then StaxRip crashes...

Gawwad
12th February 2006, 21:43
That might be a little problem, if you modify the DGIndex preparer to handle dat, does that work? What else would be needed to change? I can change the defaults of course, I thought dat is some esoteric format...

well i am newbie with this stuff, and i don't know how to modify the DGIndex :confused:

but i will show u here an example of a vcd clip that i got
so u can see for ur self what u can do with .dat extensions
size: 10.17 MB
extension: .dat
source: vcd
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UDKZB5HO

well its the trailer of the iraqi dubbed version of Lethal Weapon :D

stax76
12th February 2006, 22:08
Problem with DGIndex, "No data. Check your PIDS"...
I have tryed to chose other PID, but later I still get more problems with output...
"File doesn`t exist: D:\.. ... ...\sample_AudioOutput.pm4"
and then StaxRip crashes...

By default ProjectX should handle *.ts so I don't understand why DGIndex is receiving a ts file. Please take a look under 'Options/Preperation'.

well i am newbie with this stuff, and i don't know how to modify the DGIndex

It might be possible to customize StaxRip to handle dat using DGIndex. Please take a look under 'Options/Preperation'.

Nexium
12th February 2006, 23:18
Hi, I'm a bit of a newbie to this enconding lark but I think that I'm beginning to get the hang of things. I've tried AutoGK, avi.NET, Gordian Knot and staxrip and to me staxrip seems to give me the best results but I'm having trouble with the quality mode.

When I try and encode my files with divx in quality mode i go to codec configuration and change the BR from 780 to 950 but it doesn't save it, I go back in and it has reverted back to the default 780kbps.

Now I get around this problem with xvid by selecting the exact file size option, setting the BR and then going to xvid - constant quality, where it has saved the BR.

I've also tried setting up new profiles to save settings but this doesn't seem to work and I've tried searching through this thread to see if any1 else has this problem but to no avail.

I dont think its a problem with divx (tho i could well be wrong) which is why I've posted here. Is any1 able to help me out as I'd really like to compare my divx encodes with my xvid ones at a higher bitrate. Thanks.

stax76
13th February 2006, 00:17
When I try and encode my files with divx in quality mode i go to codec configuration and change the BR from 780 to 950 but it doesn't save it, I go back in and it has reverted back to the default 780kbps.

In quality mode you don't work with a bitrate, it seems however quality mode requires the pro version of DivX so I have to remove the quality mode profile.

In StaxRip you never have to enter a bitrate in any codec dialog, Bitrates in codec dialogs if there are any are getting adjusted dynamically according to the value used in the main dialog of StaxRip.

I've also tried setting up new profiles to save settings but this doesn't seem to work and I've tried searching through this thread to see if any1 else has this problem but to no avail.

You might have made invalid settings, StaxRip notices it and corrects it. Some settings are profile agnostic in that they get updated dynamically according to values of the project, the bitrate is a good example here, that might be another matter.

You could just load a profile from the main dialog and you should be fine.

Nexium
13th February 2006, 01:18
In StaxRip you never have to enter a bitrate in any codec dialog, Bitrates in codec dialogs if there are any are getting adjusted dynamically according to the value used in the main dialog of StaxRip.

But when I apply quality mode the bitrate setting dissapears in the staxrip user interface.

You could just load a profile from the main dialog and you should be fine.

I can only find 4 settings for divx and xvid which always revert back to the default BR setting.

stax76
13th February 2006, 01:56
But when I apply quality mode the bitrate setting dissapears in the staxrip user interface.

They wouldn't be of any use, like I wrote before in quality mode you don't work with a bitrate.

I can only find 4 settings for divx and xvid which always revert back to the default BR setting.

What do you mean with revert back?

Nexium
13th February 2006, 10:34
If I go to profiles>encoder>edit... Then I can set up a new profile (Say another Divx constant quality profile), then I edit the profile by going to Codec Configuration and changing the Bitrate (say 900Kbps) and pressing ok. But when I look at the profile again, the codec configuration has changed back to 780Kbps.

Now for a constant file size setting in xvid or divx staxrip has a Video Bitrate: setting just under the output file path, but this disappears when I select profiles>encoder>divx/xvid>constant quality.

You say that you don't work with bitrate in quality mode. Does this mean that in xvid under codec configuration - you go to zone options and change the quantizer, as this option appears to be disabled in divx.

I'm sorry for what you probably think are really trivial questions but I'm still a newbie and I really do appreciate all this help.

pablak
13th February 2006, 13:26
If you managed to confige StaxRip to handle your format and tell me how you did it and send me sample clip or tell me what is needed to add support for something it's much easier for me add defaults or make changes to better support the format.

ok
I'll try do something myself.

stax76
13th February 2006, 15:55
If I go to profiles>encoder>edit... Then I can set up a new profile (Say another Divx constant quality profile), then I edit the profile by going to Codec Configuration and changing the Bitrate (say 900Kbps) and pressing ok. But when I look at the profile again, the codec configuration has changed back to 780Kbps.

Please read what I wrote:

You might have made invalid settings, StaxRip notices it and corrects it. Some settings are profile agnostic in that they get updated dynamically according to values of the project, the bitrate is a good example here, that might be another matter.

Now for a constant file size setting in xvid or divx staxrip has a Video Bitrate: setting just under the output file path, but this disappears when I select profiles>encoder>divx/xvid>constant quality.

You say that you don't work with bitrate in quality mode. Does this mean that in xvid under codec configuration - you go to zone options and change the quantizer, as this option appears to be disabled in divx.

If you load the constant quality mode profiles and open the XviD config dialog, the third text box from the top is where you enter the quantizer.

So if you really like to play with codec settings you should be able to find help in the appropriate forums.

Gawwad
13th February 2006, 19:59
hello again stax :cool:

so about the vcd .dat file thing
well i configured the dgindex as you said and it worked!

so i added "dat" to the input
http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/5276/19vc.jpg

and then the .dat file was not shown or in other word the "Source Files" does not recognise the .dat extension
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/8930/22cp.jpg

so i had to switch to "All Files" so i can select the .dat file
http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/6201/31jk.jpg

so it worked perfectly
i tried it with the 10.17 MB .dat clip that i posted in my previouse reply

so please i will be realy grateful if you can in the next update add the "dat" to the default input of the dgindex
and add the .dat extension recognition to the "Source Files" selection

so it will make our lives easier

happycase
13th February 2006, 21:20
I have a question. When I go to Open Files, drag and select my VOBs, it runs for a while, creates the d2v, but then says error, unable to load source. Any ideas?

stax76
13th February 2006, 22:15
I have a question. When I go to Open Files, drag and select my VOBs, it runs for a while, creates the d2v, but then says error, unable to load source. Any ideas?

When that happens you can send a bug report, use 'Help/Send Bug Report'. Many bug reports of that type I get these days I can't reproduce, we'll see.

pablak
13th February 2006, 22:29
This is my way:

test.rmvb - test filename

1. Open test.rmvb file with StaxRip (installed directshow filters for realmedia needed - i'm using K-Lite Mega Codec Pack)
2. In VirtualDubMode manualy open test.avs created by StaxRip
3. Next select in menu: Streams/Stream List/Save Wave as test.wave
or instead 2. & 3.
create vcf file "test_SaveWAV.vcf" which contains two lines:

VirtualDub.Open("test.avs","",0);
VirtualDub.stream[0].SaveWAV("test.wav");

4. In StaxRip select test.wav as audio source file.
5. The rest is standard.

Could StaxRip do this (automaticaly save wave) in the future?

stax76
13th February 2006, 22:55
@pablak

Thanks for working it out, I'll handle decoding, also WMV as it's the identical procedure. Lately there is lot's of forum and mail feedback so it could take some time.

@Gawwad

I'll change it, it's very easy to do it, thanks for providing great detail.

vladlp
14th February 2006, 13:51
I have just realized small bug with Post Processing mode. For test proposal I have just create template - witch is the same as default DVD but I added in project options auto compressibility and Post Processing mode and save it with name DVDtest. Then I select this template, In source menu open *.vob file and nothing happens. All filed (Source, Traget and …) are not filed and if I try to add this project to Jobs list (F6) – button Add is inactive, but If I press Next button to start encode immediately – than it works fine.

And additional wishes, now in project options value for AutoResise defined as Width*Height. Can you please add possibility to specify just Width. As for DVD encoding after cropping movie have approximately the same with but height is different. And to encode such different movies with approximately original quality I have to create different templates depending on the height, which is not very convenient. Thanks.

stax76
14th February 2006, 14:24
I have just realized small bug with Post Processing mode. For test proposal I have just create template - witch is the same as default DVD but I added in project options auto compressibility and Post Processing mode and save it with name DVDtest. Then I select this template, In source menu open *.vob file and nothing happens. All filed (Source, Traget and …) are not filed and if I try to add this project to Jobs list (F6) – button Add is inactive, but If I press Next button to start encode immediately – than it works fine.

Sounds indeed like a bug.

Sounds a little bit problematic to automate this, if auto crop crops top or bottom and and auto resize image size does not resize top or bottom then height is likely not a multiple of 16 which might be problematic. Automation has absolutely highest priority so you have good chances that I can help you, only problem atm I get so many requests and bug reports and my to do list and mailbox went a little bit out of control.

pablak
14th February 2006, 14:47
Thanks for working it out, I'll handle decoding, also WMV as it's the identical procedure..

I think this procedure will work for other directshow sources.

swaaye
15th February 2006, 06:34
I just updated to the latest Staxrip version and had a bunch of trouble with what I thought were corrupt d2v files. That is, until I noticed Staxrip was changing them to 23fps automatically and causing havok with TIVTC. Stax, do you really think it's wise to force film? Hybrids might be jerky and there is no way to disable your automation.

stax76
16th February 2006, 14:58
Now I tried to do the same with StaxRip and mkv files which seemed to work flawlessly but when I watched them I had to realize that the 2 audio tracks were the same. (2x english instead of engl + german). the source files ARE different of course ;-)

So I checked the command line which says:

"C:\Programme\MKVtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "D:\\VIDEO_TS\test.mkv" --track-name 0:Video "D:\THE_ISLAND\VIDEO_TS\test_EncoderOutput.avi" --language 0:deu --track-name "0:Deutsch (AC3)" --sync 0:-24 "D:\\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_1 de-German 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -24ms.ac3" --language 0:eng --track-name "0:English (AC3)" --sync 0:-24 "D:\\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_1 en-English 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -24ms.ac3" --title "VTS_02_1"

I guess the second track shouldn't be track 0, too?! Or am I missing something else here?

The command line looks OK track 0 means track 0 of the source file, for AC3 this will always be 0. Here this works perfectly. There was a bug with cutting causing your problem but you didn't cut so I don't know what's the reason.

Stax, do you really think it's wise to force film? Hybrids might be jerky and there is no way to disable your automation.

I though it's save if it's film > 95%, no?

stax76
16th February 2006, 15:16
0.9.3.1 (2006-02-16)

fix: x264 comp check was broke.
fix: sbr or sbrx MP4Box switches were not use for AAC-HE, now sbr is used.
fix: Enabled compiler switch to run StaxRip as 32 bit application on 64 bit systems.
fix: Cutting two audio tracks resulted in two identical tracks.
new: Option to automatically resize the image size after the compressibility check.
update: new DivX, x264 and MP4Box versions integrated.

LRN
16th February 2006, 18:12
I should note, what CoreAAC decoder detects my mp4's audio as SBR HE-AAC (mp4 was muxed without sbr switch).

After comp. check StaxRip autimatically reduces file size (for quality to become 70%). Can i turn it off?

stax76
16th February 2006, 18:33
After comp. check StaxRip autimatically reduces file size (for quality to become 70%). Can i turn it off?

In the options under automation choose: After the compressibility check adjust: nothing (or image size).

NightWolf1
17th February 2006, 03:36
i know of a manual way to do this but its alot of stuffing about

is there a wy instaxrip to get it to stop on the dvd2avi

for ntsc 59.97 fps videos

so i can choose force film

before it makes the d2v file so it alredy knows

stax76
17th February 2006, 04:22
i know of a manual way to do this but its alot of stuffing about

is there a wy instaxrip to get it to stop on the dvd2avi

for ntsc 59.97 fps videos

so i can choose force film

before it makes the d2v file so it alredy knows

The related options are at 'Option/Preperation', remove -of and -exit from the command line.

NightWolf1
17th February 2006, 04:39
hi
wow
thanks for the fast reply

just out of couriosity

i did a test

2 minute file

staxrip took 2minutes some thing longer

than what the older dvx took

i use the exact same settigs for same test on both programs

any ideas

Emp3r0r
17th February 2006, 05:45
@Stax: nice app, great job

I have some suggestions:

Instead of hard-coding all the application versions into each build, perhaps you could put them in an xml file on your server and distribute each new build with an offline version of this xml file. Users could choose to allow StaxRip to check the server for newer versions of this file with an updated application list. This way you can avoid creating new builds when an application or codec gets updated and we've verified the newer application doesn't break StaxRip. I know at this point it isn't a big deal because you release new builds so frequently, but in the future if/when StaxRip development slows down this would be nice.

Also, it would be nice if you added the release date and version to the notification that newer versions are available. Perhaps even show the current version and date so you can compare between the two.

And finally for those ultra lazy folks, how bout a menu item to associate .rip files with StaxRip.

stax76
17th February 2006, 09:40
i use the exact same settigs for same test on both programs

Did you compare the log files? There must be a difference.

Instead of hard-coding all the application versions into each build, perhaps you could put them in an xml file on your server and distribute each new build with an offline version of this xml file. Users could choose to allow StaxRip to check the server for newer versions of this file with an updated application list. This way you can avoid creating new builds when an application or codec gets updated and we've verified the newer application doesn't break StaxRip. I know at this point it isn't a big deal because you release new builds so frequently, but in the future if/when StaxRip development slows down this would be nice.

DVX worked like this, there was a lot complexity, maintenance, effort and problems with the xml approach. Posting lot's of new versions in lot's of boards is currently my only chance to promote StaxRip. The more people visit at the boards the better it is. My goal is of course to make StaxRip very popular so until that is achieved auto update features don't help.

And finally for those ultra lazy folks, how bout a menu item to associate .rip files with StaxRip.

The reason why it's not supported yet is I'm very careful touching other peoples system and Win32 is really and ugly and scary beast regarding file extensions. Generally you are right of course so at one time I need to overbear.

Funkstar De Luxe
17th February 2006, 15:14
Hey Stax,

Been using your great program for ages now - I love it.

But, since 0.9.2.9 I have been unable to get the recommended version of MP4Box. I can't download it internally from Staxrip - it just times out. I can't open it in my browser because I get a 404 and I can't find the file correct file version on Google anywhere.

Do you think it's possible to keep the correct versions on your own server?

stax76
17th February 2006, 18:01
But, since 0.9.2.9 I have been unable to get the recommended version of MP4Box. I can't download it internally from Staxrip - it just times out. I can't open it in my browser because I get a 404 and I can't find the file correct file version on Google anywhere.

Do you think it's possible to keep the correct versions on your own server?

Is the download with 0.9.3.1 still broke? I had most of the stuff on my server and it exceeded my traffic volume of 50 GB, unless somebody has a better idea I can't do much other than link to other downloads.

Funkstar De Luxe
17th February 2006, 18:15
I am afraid it is still broken with 0.9.3.1. I was going to tell you I could hos some on my site - but 50GB is too much for me too :-(

Do you know where I can find the version I need for 0.9.3.1?

stax76
17th February 2006, 19:04
You can try the hotfix: http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/StaxRip_Hotfix.zip

I did a lot critical changes working on new features so I hope it's not broke. Most notable change: Added preparer that decodes using DirectShow and defaults for WMV and RMVB. ATM I'm working on a PSP template which will have quite a few new automation features and improvements as side effect.

Funkstar De Luxe
17th February 2006, 19:39
Ok, I will try it as soon as I get home and report back. Also, one more small request. Is it possible to show the user what profile is active? Ticks beside the selected profile would be good, but a better solution would show the name of the profile on the main screen somewhere. Also, is the "default profile" the one that is loaded up on start up / opening of new project?

Funkstar De Luxe
17th February 2006, 20:13
It seems the hotfix has some problems. I installed it over the top of 0.9.3.1 and stated it up. I then checked external app and it reported all were correct version (incorrectly). I then deleted MP4 box folder in the Staxrip directory. Checked the external apps again and Staxrip still said everything was ok! Tried to open a .vob file, and it of course could not.

Also, when installing a new version of staxrip it tells me that some setting had to be 'resetted' It should say 'some setting had to be reset' :-D

stax76
17th February 2006, 20:48
Ticks beside the selected profile would be good, but a better solution would show the name of the profile on the main screen somewhere.

What type of profiles do you mean?

Also, is the "default profile" the one that is loaded up on start up / opening of new project?

From where do you have "default profile"?

It seems the hotfix has some problems. I installed it over the top of 0.9.3.1 and stated it up. I then checked external app and it reported all were correct version (incorrectly).

Are you sure MP4 was used as container? I don't recall changes in that area.

I then deleted MP4 box folder in the Staxrip directory. Checked the external apps again and Staxrip still said everything was ok! Tried to open a .vob file, and it of course could not.

What exactly happened?

Also, when installing a new version of staxrip it tells me that some setting had to be 'resetted' It should say 'some setting had to be reset' :-D

Thanks!

Funkstar De Luxe
17th February 2006, 23:31
What type of profiles do you mean?

The encoder profiles. Just so I can see - at quick glance - if I am using x264 -> HQ-Slow, for example. It's be good if you could put this in the status bar.

From where do you have "default profile"?

Sorry, I meant 'Default Project'. Is this loaded up at start up?

Are you sure MP4 was used as container? I don't recall changes in that area.

I'll check in about 20 mins. However it sounds like this has been my fault. I assumed it checked for all the external apps, regardless of what encoder/container I was using.

What exactly happened?

A preview window popped up with a large font saying the video could not be read (I don't remember exact message - will find out if you need it)

I'm sorry I know little about video encoding terminology. Hopefully I can help give you the layman's point of view though :-)

Beave
17th February 2006, 23:55
I must say StaxRip is an extremely good program. I like your approach to define commandlines and customize so much. It took me some time to understand the possiblities, but I think I slowly get it.

One request/suggestion:
The auto Compressibilty is very nice and something I was looking for a long time. (I know AutoGK had it, but was pretty much closed for options)
You can not only change the compressiblity by changing the width and height or the final size, but also by applying noise filters. I would love an auto feature to automaticly change the noise profile to hit the desired quality instead of changing the resize parameters.
Could you also add the option to choose the % of the movie to check? For me it is enough to use only 2%. Especially when using a noise filter with hdtv captures it takes more then an hour for a comp-check.

To auto calculate the height that is devisible by 16 you could maybe take a look at autoGK. It uses a script like this for a 1080i video (I modified it a only little):

movie = mpeg2source("HDTV_1080i.d2v")
cropclip = autocrop(movie,mode=0,wmultof=4,hmultof=4,samples=10,aspect=0,threshold=34,samplestartframe=0,leftadd=0,rightadd=0,topadd=0,bottomadd=0)
fixed_aspect = 1.00740740740741
c_width = width(cropclip)
c_height = round(height(cropclip) / fixed_aspect)
input_par = float(c_width)/float(c_height)
out_width = 1280
out_height = round(float(out_width) / input_par)
hmod = out_height - (floor(out_height / 16 ) * 16)
out_height = (hmod > 4) ? (out_height + (16 - hmod)) : (out_height - hmod)
new_aspect = (float(out_width) / float(out_height)) / fixed_aspect
Telecide(movie,order=0,guide=1,post=2).Decimate(mode=0)
autocrop(mode=0,wmultof=4,hmultof=4,samples=10,aspect=new_aspect,threshold=34,samplestartframe=0,leftadd=0,rightadd=0,topadd=0,bottomadd=0)
LanczosResize(out_width,out_height)
ColorMatrix("Rec.709->Rec.601",mmx=true,hints=false)

BTW:
You should add ColorMatrix() to almost every profile that involves converting mpeg2 to mpeg4.

Keep up the great work.

stax76
18th February 2006, 02:43
The encoder profiles. Just so I can see - at quick glance - if I am using x264 -> HQ-Slow, for example. It's be good if you could put this in the status bar.

There is no status bar I'm afraid.

Sorry, I meant 'Default Project'. Is this loaded up at start up?

Sure, when you hover over a default project menu item in the main menu the assistant displays 'Please press the right mouse button for help about projects'.

I assumed it checked for all the external apps, regardless of what encoder/container I was using.

It checks only apps needed, some apps are checked dynamically e.g. preparers because it can't be forseen what type of source is gonna be used, that's why it says 'might'.

A preview window popped up with a large font saying the video could not be read (I don't remember exact message - will find out if you need it)

Without knowing the exact mesage it's hard to guess.

You can not only change the compressiblity by changing the width and height or the final size, but also by applying noise filters. I would love an auto feature to automaticly change the noise profile to hit the desired quality instead of changing the resize parameters.

That goes IMHO a little bit too far.

Could you also add the option to choose the % of the movie to check? For me it is enough to use only 2%. Especially when using a noise filter with hdtv captures it takes more then an hour for a comp-check.

That falls under the rubric frequently requested so yes, I want to add it.

To auto calculate the height that is devisible by 16 you could maybe take a look at autoGK. It uses a script like this for a 1080i video (I modified it a only little):

Calculations are a little problem, the easiest way might be uploading a sample somewhere and post a detailed description what values should be auto detected and why that values are desirable. I work on such things atm as devices like PSP have very special requirements so once that is finished it might as well be flexible enough to match your requirements. You might try to explain without providing a sample but I warn you that I'm slow to understand image calculation and auto detection related request so you better give a good explanation. ;)

You should add ColorMatrix() to almost every profile that involves converting mpeg2 to mpeg4.

I'm cluless about it, is this really crucial, what exactly means almost?

Beave
18th February 2006, 03:54
Quote:

That goes IMHO a little bit too far.

Will you consider it, if I say "Pretty please"? It shouldn't be too hard to implement:

int noiseLevel=0
While (compcheckQuality < desiredQuality) Do
compcheckQuality = DoCompCheck(noiseLevel);
noiseLevel++;
End While

One other idea I got: It would be great if I could autoselect a filterset/profile depending on the source file resolution. If StaxRip opens a file with 1920x1088 it should use my profile:1080i for example. If SR opens 1280x720 it would choose profile:720p and so on. Maybe this could be done in the preparation part, if you could extend it?

Quote:

I'm cluless about it, is this really crucial, what exactly means almost?
Programs like G-Spot tell you the colorspace the video is encoded. It's mostly different in MPEG2 and in MPEG4. The colors are otherwise slightly off in the MPEG4 rip. There are a few threads about it here in the forum. The experts here could explain this a lot better.

About the resize calculations. I understand the script of AutoGK like this:
1920x1080 is the actual size of the movie. 1088 lines are encoded so that it will be divisible by 16. These extra 8 lines are calculated as 1088/1080=1.00740740740741
first it finds the black bars and finds out what the real aspect ratio is (input_par). Then it takes the desired width and calculates the height. The height is then reduced to be divisble by 16. The new aspect ratio is computed and then the final autocrop is used with the correct new aspect. After that resize and it's done.

stax76
18th February 2006, 12:08
Will you consider it, if I say "Pretty please"? It shouldn't be too hard to implement:

If I would accept such specialized requests I would have to refuse other more basic requests instead so the answer is I wish to but I can't because it's not the interest of the majority.

One other idea I got: It would be great if I could autoselect a filterset/profile depending on the source file resolution. If StaxRip opens a file with 1920x1088 it should use my profile:1080i for example. If SR opens 1280x720 it would choose profile:720p and so on. Maybe this could be done in the preparation part, if you could extend it?

As well too specialized. I could add Addon/Plugin support if there is demand so StaxRip could be extended with a dozen different .NET compilers and there would hardly be limits to the things that could be added.

Programs like G-Spot tell you the colorspace the video is encoded. It's mostly different in MPEG2 and in MPEG4. The colors are otherwise slightly off in the MPEG4 rip. There are a few threads about it here in the forum. The experts here could explain this a lot better.

I hardly have time to research on every possible topic so I can't do something unless somebody provides a very good explaination, very good reasoning, very good implementation hints, very good...

About the resize calculations. I understand the script of AutoGK like this:

That's script is way beyond my horizon. Why does it:

1088/1080=1.00740740740741

Also why does it:

1080/(1088/1080)=1072.05882352941

Funkstar De Luxe
18th February 2006, 12:11
The latest hotfix does solve my download problems. I had to completely delete Staxrip from my system before it solved the mp4box problem.

As for the no status bar, how about you add profile info somewhere else? It just seems silly that I can see the audio profile no problem, but have to guess the video profile. Just an idea :-)

Thanks very much for your hard work. I appreciate it very much indeed.

stax76
18th February 2006, 12:15
As for the no status bar, how about you add profile info somewhere else? It just seems silly that I can see the audio profile no problem, but have to guess the video profile. Just an idea :-)

The problem is finding a place where to put it, I already thought about it before writing a single line code ;). I will have to think about it again. Using it as text for the encoder group box instead of 'Encoder' might be the thing to do. What do you think, you like it, don't you? :)

juraba
18th February 2006, 13:02
Hi guys, Great gui StaXRip. I like it very much Thx to the developer! I'm having a little problem. When i try to use the cutting filter to eliminate spots from a film i get this message: the cutting filter setting don't match with the cutting settins used in the preview. Then if a try to go on, this one shows up:The current assistant instruction of warning cannot be skipped. Any ideas of how to solve this problem?

Thanks very much :thanks:

stax76
18th February 2006, 13:56
I'm having a little problem. When i try to use the cutting filter to eliminate spots from a film i get this message: the cutting filter setting don't match with the cutting settins used in the preview. Then if a try to go on, this one shows up:The current assistant instruction of warning cannot be skipped. Any ideas of how to solve this problem?

Hi and welcome to the forum. You have to add and remove cuts using the preview and only the preview and not add, remove, modify, disable or do anything else manually with a filter of category 'Cutting', then you should never see this warning.

Gargantula
18th February 2006, 16:10
Is it possible to do two different filter setups in StaxRip on different parts of the same video?

stax76
18th February 2006, 16:26
Is it possible to do two different filter setups in StaxRip on different parts of the same video?

A filter setup in StaxRip is a abstraction of a AviSynth script so you are asking 'Is it possible to use two different AviSynth scripts on different parts of the same video?' You could try doing it like it would be done manually, I see no reason why it should not work. It's however to specialized to add GUI support for it as still very basic features are missing.

juraba
18th February 2006, 16:34
Thanks stax for the info. I dont know what i'm doing wrong but i still getting this message again. I used to do it like this with dvx. I open the file and press next until the cuttings options show up. then i do the cutting and press next... but i cannot go further. Can you tell me the steps for cutting

Thx again

pablak
18th February 2006, 16:46
I did a lot critical changes working on new features so I hope it's not broke. Most notable change: Added preparer that decodes using DirectShow and defaults for WMV and RMVB.

Big Thanks Stax for that (rmvb).
Little thing only is missing (not very important) - rmvb extention is not added to "source files" ("all files" must be choosed when opening rmvb file).

stax76
18th February 2006, 17:45
Thanks stax for the info. I dont know what i'm doing wrong but i still getting this message again. I used to do it like this with dvx. I open the file and press next until the cuttings options show up. then i do the cutting and press next... but i cannot go further. Can you tell me the steps for cutting

When the preview closes it will add a cutting filter if there are cut points and if there is a cutting filter it won't give a warning so I don't know how possibly this can happen unless you disable or remove the cutting filter manually.

Little thing only is missing (not very important) - rmvb extention is not added to "source files" ("all files" must be choosed when opening rmvb file).

Thanks, I missed that.

Funkstar De Luxe
19th February 2006, 13:54
Hey stax, I have two more basic questions.

When encoding video with x264 it seems it will never go above 50% CPU usage. Is this just becuase my CPU is P4 3.6Ghz HT and x264 is only using one thread, therefor it gets reported incoreectly?

Second question is more of a request. I like to watch movies when I have long encoding jobs running. However, when a new pass starts, a cmd window opens and jumps infront of my video (and exiting full screen). What I'd like to ask is, is it possible to make Staxrip keep all the windows hidden when it is minimized?

stax76
19th February 2006, 14:51
When encoding video with x264 it seems it will never go above 50% CPU usage. Is this just becuase my CPU is P4 3.6Ghz HT and x264 is only using one thread, therefor it gets reported incoreectly?

It's more a x264 problem though I would tell you if I knew.

Second question is more of a request. I like to watch movies when I have long encoding jobs running. However, when a new pass starts, a cmd window opens and jumps infront of my video (and exiting full screen). What I'd like to ask is, is it possible to make Staxrip keep all the windows hidden when it is minimized?

There is a option in the settings to start external apps minimized.

Funkstar De Luxe
19th February 2006, 15:37
It's more a x264 problem though I would tell you if I knew.

Thanks buddy! I'll go and bother the people at x264 to find the answer to my other question ;-)

laserfan
19th February 2006, 18:12
Hey stax I just wanted to tell you that I've been using AutoGK and Fairuse Wizard for quite a long time now, but have been looking lately for a way to "upgrade" i.e. AGK is tough to do custom settings with, and FUW only works on DVDs.

The other day I loaded-up the latest version and queued a couple of HD conversions (1080i transport streams to 720p XviDs). Probably stupid of me (as a complete newbie) given I knew the results would come after many hours. But they came out perfect! Outstanding in every way (used Xvid and HDTV profile).

Anyway just wanted to say "Thanks" and I'll be using your proggie a lot from now on!

Funkstar De Luxe
19th February 2006, 20:32
Ok, so I went and asked in the x.264 forum about the 50% issue. As we assumed it is becuase my CPU has HT. However they said it was possible to set the encoder to use two threads. Is there a setting somewhere in staxrip for this? If not, will you be putting one in in the future? HT is becoming very common.

Thanks

stax76
19th February 2006, 20:35
However they said it was possible to set the encoder to use two threads. Is there a setting somewhere in staxrip for this?

http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/screenshots/023.png

Funkstar De Luxe
19th February 2006, 21:13
:-D You the man, Stax.

Thanks a lot. I think that's me done know. I appreciate your help!

Gargantula
20th February 2006, 03:04
A filter setup in StaxRip is a abstraction of a AviSynth script so you are asking 'Is it possible to use two different AviSynth scripts on different parts of the same video?' You could try doing it like it would be done manually, I see no reason why it should not work. It's however to specialized to add GUI support for it as still very basic features are missing.

How is it possible to do it manually then?

stax76
20th February 2006, 03:42
@Gargantula

The AviSynth feature in StaxRip is close to doing a script with a text editor, I can't really tell you much more than is already documented.

tekNerd
21st February 2006, 02:41
Gawwad, thanks for the help. I was use to virtualdub's style of cutting and i didn't read the help. Anyways, thanks a lot!

NightWolf1
21st February 2006, 02:43
to do with dual core sups

do the apps that this use use both or just 1 core for encoding

Gawwad
21st February 2006, 02:44
Gawwad, thanks for the help. I was use to virtualdub's style of cutting and i didn't read the help. Anyways, thanks a lot!

u welcome :p

its quite weard that both of us deleted our original replies :D

rototo
21st February 2006, 10:20
thanks for this ultra-useful & efficient program :thanks:

I noticed something maybe buggy & a bit annoying though.
it's about image ratio : I recently ripped some 4/3 PAL dvds and I thought when I choosed a pure 4/3 resolution (512*384 / 576*432 / 640*480 etc) the margin indicator will gave me a 0% difference... but I obtain a 2.5% difference !
of course cropping was not active for these measures...

as the software forbids choice with a margin >3% , you have sometimes only choice between ripping in (slitghly, ok :p ) wrong format and not ripping at all (depending on choosed resolution & specific cropping)...
I don't know if this is a bug specific to pal dvds (I don't have z1 ntsc dvds)

Thanks in advance if you can correct this

stax76
21st February 2006, 11:51
@tekNerd

People constantly expecting StaxRip to look, feel and work like VirtualDub, GordianKnot etc. ;)

I've not used much application other that DVX/StaxRip directly so I've developed most features without being much biased.

do the apps that this use use both or just 1 core for encoding

Some do, others not.

@rototo

You mean aspect ratio error? This should be fine.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=42708

For a long time I try to solve the problem how to automatically encode few movie with target size specify for all of them together. (As I (but think not only I) encode and then burn my movies to DVD, it comes as usual 3-5 films per DVD) After you added command line support to StaxRip it’s became possible!!!! Just what is necessary to have switches to make only compressibility test and then save project (.rip) files. I am not very familiar with VB.NET (I am C++ programmer, but think it’s not so difficult ) but then I can write small additional program in which one can specify source files for encoding, template, and target size for all of them. From this program will start StaxRip with compressibility test only options for each of all incomes files and after it read necessary information (length, compressibility and etc. ) from saved project files and adjust it to receive specify target size by slightly changing quality for all of them proportional (or in worth case also changing width ) and then run StaxRip with modify project files to encode. As result – absolutely automatically system to encode as much as you need movies (series of some serial) with any target size for all of them.

It's a bit lengthy and I hardly understand what you want to achieve. If you download the most recent build:

Did you try 'Post Processing Mode'? Is there something missing regarding automation? I didn't test a batch scenario yet but it's about time. Things like templates and other features like many automation features were partly done because I expected them to be needed for a batch scenario. I rather have a solution that needs nothing external. I just need to know what sources people have and how that sources should be encoded so I can check if it can be done and write some help about it.

vladlp
21st February 2006, 14:39
Did you try 'Post Processing Mode'? Is there something missing regarding automation? I didn't test a batch scenario yet but it's about time. Things like templates and other features like many automation features were partly done because I expected them to be needed for a batch . I rather have a solution that needs nothing external. I just need to know what sources people have and how that sources should be encoded so I can check if it can be done and write some help about it.

Yes, shure. End even find small bug:( in Post Processing Mode. I have posted it few days ago
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=785554#post785554.

My idea is to make possible specify target size not for one project but for few of them. As example I create few projects and add them to batch scenario and then specify, that after encoding target size for all of them have to be 4483mb (as example). In batch scenario I check all project for compressibility value. If some project have it not - than I start this project, but just to make compressibility test. After this pre-cheking I have set of project with compressibility information. Now it just simle mathematic using information from projects files find quality (in percent) to satisfy this conditions and then correct target size in each project files. And finally after it start batch encoding.

stax76
21st February 2006, 15:16
Yes, shure. End even find small bug in Post Processing Mode. I have posted it few days ago
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...554#post785554.

You mean add button in job list disabled? That should be fixed in the hotfix above.

My idea is to make possible specify target size not for one project but for few of them. As example I create few projects and add them to batch scenario and then specify, that after encoding target size for all of them have to be 4483mb (as example). In batch scenario I check all project for compressibility value. If some project have it not - than I start this project, but just to make compressibility test. After this pre-cheking I have set of project with compressibility information. Now it just simle mathematic using information from projects files find quality (in percent) to satisfy this conditions and then correct target size in each project files. And finally after it start batch encoding.

I had to read it a few times until I understood. It's very specialized and I don't support things I don't fully understand. It sounds like your sources are for instance 4 DVD's, the point here is they are probably not equal so how do you want to batch process this without knowing what AviSynth filters are gonna be used?

Edit:

I remember you requested also auto deinterlacing, then it would make sense of course. I got to think about your scenario.

vladlp
21st February 2006, 17:02
I had to read it a few times until I understood Sorry for my poor English:(
You mean add button in job list disabled? That should be fixed in the hotfix above I will test it at home in the evening.
they are probably not equal so how do you want to batch process this without knowing what AviSynth filters are gonna be used?

In case when sources are different fully automates can be too hard, It’s true :(. But then we just need to know information about our source to load them with right templates and can do it manually (I think it will take not so mach time and it's not necessary to automates it).
But in case when projects are already prepared (necessary AVS filters and sounds selected for each projects) it looks not so terrible :) Then we just need 3 pass batch scenarios:
1) Go throw all projects and make compressibility test.
2) Adjust target size of each projects that sum of all of them was X mb.
(As options, one can specify acceptable minimum quality, lets say 65%. If it's impossible to reach this quality with size X, then resize each source to smaller size or something like this... scenarios can be different... but for all of them information from projects file after 1 step have to be enough)
3) Start encoding.

tekNerd
21st February 2006, 18:25
One little problem. Time to time Settings.bin is been accesed or something by System process and when I want to start SR it just crushes. I have to "close handle" to go by. What is happening? Is something wrong with my comp?
Another thing:how is going on descover why SR is not working with avi (with sound) files?
Thanks, love the app!!! (now more than ever cause has the wmv support. yuhuuhhuuhu)

ftack
21st February 2006, 19:55
In "Audio Mux Options" for AVI it is possible to specify a delay. However, I do not find options for preloading and interleaving the audio. Am I looking at the wrong place or is this not implemented?

stax76
21st February 2006, 21:53
One little problem. Time to time Settings.bin is been accesed or something by System process and when I want to start SR it just crushes.

That's kind of strange, I mean other applications have configuration files as well. When StaxRip starts it reads the file, read access is probably enough here. When it exits it writes the file.

Another thing:how is going on descover why SR is not working with avi (with sound) files?

Zen told me there might be memory corruption going on in MediaInfo and he is working on it. I tested it over and over again and I swear it never crashed here.

In "Audio Mux Options" for AVI it is possible to specify a delay. However, I do not find options for preloading and interleaving the audio. Am I looking at the wrong place or is this not implemented?

It's not supported, don't work the defaults for you?

stax76
21st February 2006, 22:18
0.9.3.2 (2006-02-21)

new: Added preparer that decodes using DirectShow and defaults for WMV and RMVB.
new: 'Auto crop until proper aspect ratio is found'. This option is useful for devices like PlayStation Portable. It's know as smart crop and the used algorithm was improved.
new: PMP Muxer and PlayStation Portable template.
new: Option to define percentage to use for compressibility check.

mistik69
22nd February 2006, 00:25
I apologize in advance if this has been answered before. I follow this thread fairly closely and dont remember it being addressed. I would appreciate it if someone could answer me when I should use deinterlace? I understand definitions between PAL and NTSC and how interlaced and progressive work. Most of my source material is DVD's region 1. Is there any logical reason why I should use the deinterlace function in Staxrip?

tekNerd
22nd February 2006, 00:29
Question:there is possible to do some magic(like u did so far and made this beautiful piece of software)and have a posibility to encode to .flv?

Gawwad
22nd February 2006, 00:47
I apologize in advance if this has been answered before. I follow this thread fairly closely and dont remember it being addressed. I would appreciate it if someone could answer me when I should use deinterlace? I understand definitions between PAL and NTSC and how interlaced and progressive work. Most of my source material is DVD's region 1. Is there any logical reason why I should use the deinterlace function in Staxrip?

i am not an expert on this
but as i know, the "deinterlace" option should be used to attenuates the artifacts on some poorly encoded DVDs
so for me for example i use this option most of the time when i encode dvds from the middle east, as they r interlaced them selves, and the only way to deinterlace is to use that "deinterlace" option in staxrip
i use this option as well when i encode tv captured videos, as tv captured stuff seems to be interlaced all the time
but when i encode region 2 dvds (from the uk), i never realy need to use this "deinterlace" option
i encoded 10s of dvds from reigon 2 and they were all ok
but when i encoded some dvds from the middle east with out choosing the "deinterlace" option, the out put came out interlaced!
if u r encoding original dvds from reigon 1, i doubt it that u will need to use the "deinterlace" option
my advice is encode a small cilp such a movie trailer without selecting "deinterlace" option
if the out put came out correct and not interlaced, then i guess u don't need to use the "deinterlace" option

LRN
22nd February 2006, 06:30
Stax, you should find some algoritm for detection, is video interlaced or not. Nero Recode 2 has one, and it works neraly 100% perfectly.

NightWolf1
22nd February 2006, 10:22
heres the deal

i have both stax and dvx on the same system

running both the same apps as each other

now

a 2 minute hdtv test

encoded to 960 x 544 res with ac3

both dvx and staxrip made 50 mb files

now

dvx total time 4 minutes 13 for 2 pass encode

staxrip total time 6 minutes 14

now

considerign i used the new apps for both programs

all i can put the extra time down to
is the .net 2.0 code

any ideas on why they take almost 2 minutes differance

LRN
22nd February 2006, 14:20
becasue you used different encoders (or different settings for the same encoder), or there's slight difference in the way frames are feeded to encoders.

Beave
22nd February 2006, 20:54
Sorry for my poor English:(
I will test it at home in the evening.

In case when sources are different fully automates can be too hard, It’s true :(. But then we just need to know information about our source to load them with right templates and can do it manually (I think it will take not so mach time and it's not necessary to automates it).
But in case when projects are already prepared (necessary AVS filters and sounds selected for each projects) it looks not so terrible :) Then we just need 3 pass batch scenarios:
1) Go throw all projects and make compressibility test.
2) Adjust target size of each projects that sum of all of them was X mb.
(As options, one can specify acceptable minimum quality, lets say 65%. If it's impossible to reach this quality with size X, then resize each source to smaller size or something like this... scenarios can be different... but for all of them information from projects file after 1 step have to be enough)
3) Start encoding.

This approach is better. You don't need all the videos to have the same size. If one video needs more bitrate it should get it and take it from another one.
Use this avs script as an example of three videos joined together:

e1 = mpeg2source("1.d2v")
e2 = mpeg2source("2.d2v")
e3 = mpeg2source("3.d2v")
l = BlankClip(clip = e1, length = 50, color = $FFFFFF)
e1 + l + e2 + l + e3

it puts a small white video between your videos, so that the codec can put an I-Frame there. Afterwards you just cut it there and mux the audio to each part. Having this all in one avs script makes the comp check easy as well.

Emp3r0r
22nd February 2006, 22:21
@Stax: any reason why StaxRip would require Java and ProjectX just to open a d2v file?

Funkstar De Luxe
22nd February 2006, 23:50

It seems that even when external apps are minimized they still steal focus from other tasks (and my video then exits fullscreen mode). Is there a way to hide them totally, or to launch them in the background?

Thanks

Gawwad
23rd February 2006, 00:01
It seems that even when external apps are minimized they still steal focus from other tasks (and my video then exits fullscreen mode). Is there a way to hide them totally, or to launch them in the background?

Thanks

and plz stax is there a way to make this the default setting for staxrip
bcz trust me the majority of newbies (like me) prefer to not see alot of programs windows open while encoding

vladlp
23rd February 2006, 11:36
This approach is better. You don't need all the videos to have the same size. If one video needs more bitrate it should get it and take it from another one.
Use this avs script as an example of three videos joined together:

e1 = mpeg2source("1.d2v")
e2 = mpeg2source("2.d2v")
e3 = mpeg2source("3.d2v")
l = BlankClip(clip = e1, length = 50, color = $FFFFFF)
e1 + l + e2 + l + e3

it puts a small white video between your videos, so that the codec can put an I-Frame there. Afterwards you just cut it there and mux the audio to each part. Having this all in one avs script makes the comp check easy as well.

It sounds interesting... but still takes a lot of manual works :( Till now I have made it so:
I create project for each set of source files which will be encode in one file. Make comptest and save this project, but notes somewhere necessary information. Than use next equation for all projects:
Sum(Sound+A*Length_i*Framerate_i*Width_i*Height_i*CompTest_i/8388608 )=4483mb.
Where A is Quality, Sound – size of sound in mb. As a solution => A. Then I adjust target size for each project to calculated size:
(Sound+A*Length_i*Framerate_i*Width_i*Height_i*CompTest_i/8388608)

Now I even make A dependent on the CompTest_i in next way:

If (CompTest_i/base_CompTest>1) then A=A-(CompTest_i/base_CompTest-1)*0.05

Where base_CompTest – is some average acceptable CompTest value. To encode in xvid I use base_CompTest = 0.25. The idea of it, if compressibility is to worth, than we can apply a little biggest compression. In this example if CompTest_i is 2*0.25=0.5, then I will decrease quality for 5%.

This techniques helps me to encode few movies on one DVD with as mach as possible quality and not lose any bite of free space on DVD:)

tekNerd
23rd February 2006, 11:39
It would be nice some "delogo" filters like xlogo or virtualdub filter(logoaway,delogo or msu_delogo).

LRN
23rd February 2006, 11:39
Stax, i suggest you to do as you did with Pause/Resume: Use low-level WinAPI to hide/show window, leaving a button (for show/hide) in log-window.
This would be better...though i don't know how multi-windowed apps (like DGIndex) will behave in this situation.

NightWolf1
23rd February 2006, 14:22
hi

to your paste earlier

on my comment about times taken here is the logs of both programs

dvx program log (http://www.upnaway.com/~angels/DVX.log)

and this one for staxrip

staxrip program log (http://www.upnaway.com/~angels/StaxRip.log)

these 2 logs
are for the exact same file with the same settings

LRN
23rd February 2006, 14:52
max_bframes is different :-/ Also DVX provides not very much settings in log-file, only basic ones...Maybe there's more differences...
And 00:10:46 vs 00:11:17 is not THAT much to worry :) (and StaxRip's first pass IS faster, 00:06:26 vs 00:06:11)

NightWolf1
23rd February 2006, 14:59
few minutes isnt much
but im still curious
since they are usign the idenicaly apps to encode

and dont get me wrong

i like both apps

i was jsut courious thats all

laserfan
23rd February 2006, 17:12
My large transport stream files take quite a long time to Prepare (demux w/ProjectX and DGindex etc.). It seems staxrip wants to do this every time I want to make a different output type from the same input file. Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed, that says "re-use m2v, ac3, d2v etc. files already created"?

ch@@boom
23rd February 2006, 21:27
hi stax
first of all this little piece of software totally blows current competitors away
:D

regarding jobs:

it would be nice if LOAD loads a *.rip job already saved on hd and adds it to the queue, and a button ADD adds the current open project to the queue

i think it was better implemented before, but currently if I click on LOAD now, it wants to save the current job and if I don't have a job LOAD is greyed out

what do you think?

Gargantula
24th February 2006, 06:39
@Gargantula

The AviSynth feature in StaxRip is close to doing a script with a text editor, I can't really tell you much more than is already documented.

Where is it documented?

nickolasemp
24th February 2006, 11:23
@Stax:
Could you make an oprtional option for xvid to encode credits with lower bitrate and gray color?

dvd_maniac
24th February 2006, 15:45
I need some help converting DVD's. I just downloaded Staxrip and installed everything. I am using DVD Decrypter to rip and want to encode using x264. I have been able to encode my TV captures just fine but what method should I rip my DVD's in? How do I get Staxrip to import the main movie?

Gawwad
24th February 2006, 16:50
I need some help converting DVD's. I just downloaded Staxrip and installed everything. I am using DVD Decrypter to rip and want to encode using x264. I have been able to encode my TV captures just fine but what method should I rip my DVD's in? How do I get Staxrip to import the main movie?

using dvd decrypter, select and rip the video that u want to encode
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5074/dvdrippin2uv.jpg

and then with staxrip just add the vobs (in the right order) that were ripped by dvd decrypter
http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/screenshots/046.png

ricardo.santos
24th February 2006, 21:06
or use the file mode(main movie only)

stax76
25th February 2006, 14:58
Could you make an oprtional option for xvid to encode credits with lower bitrate and gray color?

It's on my to do list.

Where is it documented?

In the help file under filters.

it would be nice if LOAD loads a *.rip job already saved on hd and adds it to the queue

I think it's better 'Load' loads the selected project file. A import button for that purpose would be possible but too many buttons and features have drawbacks like make it harder to use, make it less efficient and in this case duplication as there is already a way to achieve this.

and a button ADD adds the current open project to the queue

It does add the active project. IIRC it always forces to save, the reason is when you save a second job of the same source e.g. with different cut settings, you'll need another project. What I could do is only open the file save dialog when the project was not saved before (unlnown path) or the path is already in the list.

Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed, that says "re-use m2v, ac3, d2v etc. files already created"?

How about just opening that files like opening your d2v file? You can always of yours save a project and later load the project to continue exactly where you left off.

Stax, i suggest you to do as you did with Pause/Resume: Use low-level WinAPI to hide/show window, leaving a button (for show/hide) in log-window.
This would be better...though i don't know how multi-windowed apps (like DGIndex) will behave in this situation.

Is minimized not sufficient what player do you use, what dshow rendere etc.?

It would be nice some "delogo" filters like xlogo or virtualdub filter(logoaway,delogo or msu_delogo).

You can add your new filters as described in the help.

What player do you use, what dshow rendere etc.?

@Stax: any reason why StaxRip would require Java and ProjectX just to open a d2v file?

It's required for mpg, ts and pva but you can customize what file types should be handled, find it the options under 'Preperation'. For d2v it should not ask for ProjectX (if there is no bug).

Question:there is possible to do some magic(like u did so far and made this beautiful piece of software)and have a posibility to encode to .flv?

I don't know what flv is, maybe using a command line muxer would work though I think I would have to extend the command line muxer as the file extension of the target file is derived from the the output format type. Maybe you can give me more info about flv.

but for some reasons, staxrip is not encoding some wmv videos correctly
like this one for example:
http://www.twistedcritique.com/videos/herc.wmv
Size: 3.03 MB
when i encoded with staxrip the audio was out of sychronised

Hard to tell, it wouldhave to be examined using the tools manually, did you use AviSynth, VirtualDubMod etc. manually before?

and i noticed that staxrip on default always produces xvid with "nvop" (according to gspot)
how can i disable this "nvop"?
as my Philips dvp5100 stand alone divx player hav problems with "nvop" videos, it will give very poor frame rate

There might be a codec optionm maybe it's uses another name.

LRN
25th February 2006, 15:42
Is minimized not sufficient what player do you use, what dshow rendere etc.?Player? What player? The trouble is what every new application, runned by StaxRip, pops up, switching active application (player, game, text editor, browser, anything).

stax76
25th February 2006, 15:59
Player? What player? The trouble is what every new application, runned by StaxRip, pops up, switching active application (player, game, text editor, browser, anything).

So starting apps minimized still steals focus? I'll see what I can do.

laserfan
25th February 2006, 17:07
...How about just opening that files like opening your d2v file? You can always of yours save a project and later load the project to continue exactly where you left off....Thanks, I'd hoped I was just being stupid about this! :o

weaver4
26th February 2006, 00:03
I would like to see a button or menu that would auto-setup IVTC filter. I am not sure I understand when it should be enabled and when it shouldn't. I noticed that avi.net does it automatically and FairUse has a button to set it automatically.

stax76
26th February 2006, 00:19
I would like to see a button or menu that would auto-setup IVTC filter. I am not sure I understand when it should be enabled and when it shouldn't. I noticed that avi.net does it automatically and FairUse has a button to set it automatically.

Auto deinterlace/IVTC is on my to do list.

The 'Process' .NET class allows to define the window style hidden and it gives the handle of the main window but unfortunately it returns 0 as handle when hidden is used so hidden isn't really a option. TweakUI has a option (General/Focus) to disable applications stealing focus. I've tested it successfully with a normal window and watching a clip using fullscreen.

dw
26th February 2006, 02:49
Hello Stax;I have been using your wonderful application since version:StaxRip_0.9.2.3.It is doing everything I need it to do so far,cutting,converting etc..The only thing i've had a problem with is when I try to encode in x.264 during the process usually along toward the end,That MP4 box application crashes,I get the usual "MP4 box has encountered a problem and needs to shut down"Blah blah..I'm not to familiar in understanding the software and why this is happening.Would there be anyway you could add another MP4 container application choice to your GUI?..such as MP4UI or something like that would be great.Otherwise I have had alot of success in editing and converting and encoding with your program keep up the good work there,we have spoken before in e-mail..Regards..DW

stax76
26th February 2006, 14:14
@dw

Welcome to the forum. I don't know if other muxers are less problematic. MP4Box is by far the most popular MP4 muxer here. Maybe it's a known problem and there is a solution, didn't you find anything about it searching the forum?

fogbav
27th February 2006, 09:41
I have a little problem converting ac3 sound with staxrip ...

Every Rip with the newst version of StaxRip has AC3 Sound only up to a mark of about 1 hour 19 Minutes ... after that only silence ... converting an other track (mp2 - English) is ok until the end of the film ...

any bugs known ?

LRN
27th February 2006, 14:46
What is output file size? If it's less than you planned (i.e. 610 Mb instead 700 Mb), then track is cut.
Also, compare two tracks (english and other). If size is different (i assume they both encoded in same format with same bitrate etc, of course) then track is cut indeed.
Try to listen audio-file. If sound disappears after 1:19 - it's audio encoder issue.
If audio-file size isn't cut, but output file does - then it's muxer issue.
If audio-file size is cut, then it's audio encoder issue.
If everything is allright with size and with listening audio-file too, try to demux output file to get this audio track separately (and again look at size and try to listen).

Warrex
27th February 2006, 20:15
Hi,

I really like to see some form of time based editing in preview mode. I would already be happy if "Info" did not just display a frame counter but also a time counter. This should be really easy to add I think.

Perhaps you might also consider integrating these two things directly into the preview window under the editing buttons.

Cheers,
Warrex

nickolasemp
28th February 2006, 15:49
Hello Stax.... I'm using your program quite a while and I'm very satisfied.

Is there any option in Staxrip's x.264 to encode in less bandwidth a movie's credits? I dont like MeGui (which apparently does that working in zones like xvid) and I haven't seen any option in your Staxrip that can do that. I would really like such a thing.

THANKS A LOT for your application.

LRN
28th February 2006, 17:26
I haven't seen any option in your Staxrip that can do that Because there's no option in his Staxrip that can do that. But Stax is working on it.

pablak
28th February 2006, 18:57
1. "Open files" not works with avi. Is this correct?
With mpegs works normal.
2. Is possible support for sound with unusual samplerate like 22050 khz.

Gargantula
28th February 2006, 21:20
Does StaxRip 0.9.3.2 have a MP3 commandline bug? When I encode my video, the audio is not synchronized. It was working before.

stax76
1st March 2006, 10:50
Does StaxRip 0.9.3.2 have a MP3 commandline bug? When I encode my video, the audio is way off. It was working before.

Maybe you can do everything manually and see were it went off?

"Open files" not works with avi. Is this correct?
With mpegs works normal.

I did some change for the next version.

Is possible support for sound with unusual samplerate like 22050 khz.

BeSweet settings can be customized.

I would already be happy if "Info" did not just display a frame counter but also a time counter.

I made a option to edit the filter used to display the infos though default is still 'Info()', somebody would have to propose better defaults. Then there will be: Go To dialog in preview splitted in two different diaogs, one for frame and one for time. Is this sufficient for you requirements?

Gawwad
1st March 2006, 17:49
thanx alot stax for adding support for vcds, wmv and rmvb :thanks:

but for some reasons, staxrip is not encoding some wmv videos correctly :scared:
like this one for example:
http://www.twistedcritique.com/videos/herc.wmv
Size: 3.03 MB
when i encoded with staxrip the audio was out of sychronised :(

and i noticed that staxrip on default always produces xvid with "nvop" (according to gspot)
how can i disable this "nvop"?
as my Philips dvp5100 stand alone divx player hav problems with "nvop" videos, it will give very poor frame rate :(

from googling i found this for nvop:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=93263&highlight=nvop
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/165637philips%20dvp642%20xvid%20re-encode%20settings

Gargantula
1st March 2006, 18:11
How can I do it manually?

swaaye
2nd March 2006, 00:20
Idea for ya Stax:

How about an option within the filter setup so a filter will be automatically enabled or disabled depending on the source framerate. Say I'm encoding a bunch of TV eps, some of which get force filmed. This causes me probs sometimes cuz I sometimes don't notice the 23.97 fps instead of 29.97 fps. So, obviously, IVTC'ing a force filmed source doesn't work. Having the option to get up a IVTC filter to only engage if the framerate is 29.97 would be nice.

bira
2nd March 2006, 10:37
Is it possible to account for the vobsub files size when calculating video bitrate?

I use the regular "avi" container, so my vobsubs are external.

Thanks!

stax76
2nd March 2006, 14:03
@bira

No, unfortunately it's not possible.

@swaaye

I can't add such features because I rather spend the time on more basic features and too many specialized features harm the ease of use. If there is demand I could add extensibility in the form of AddIns or/and scripting.

How can I do it manually?

Writing a script using a editor and the AviSynth help.

@Gawwad

I can't much help unless you find a manual way that works better.

bira
2nd March 2006, 14:39
@bira

No, unfortunately it's not possible.

Will that be possible any time soon? It is just an option to add any files you want. Like cover art etc.

In short, I have a cd and I want to put on the video, subtitles, cover art, video description, etc. Hence, I need to account for the size of those files.

Sharktooth
2nd March 2006, 15:24
something like "reserve X Kb of disk space" option

dvd_maniac
3rd March 2006, 02:07
I have been using Staxrip and x264 to encode my TV captures instead of Nero Recode and I must say that I love it... Much faster with my X2 4600+ and a little better quality too.
Now I would like to switch to it for my DVD encodes as well. I rip with DVDdecryptor in IFO mode using Movie only. I would like some help as to how to get the chapters from the DVD into Staxrip though.

Can't believe I waited this long to switch.
Thanx Stax and X264 team!!!

bira
3rd March 2006, 04:07
Stax, I believe I found a problem.

If I get a 29.970 fps video(pure video, not film), cut a small clip from it, then use the IVTC filter to correctly reduce fps to 23.976, my video gets cut as it should but my audio does not.

Probably, the audio cutting routine is using 29.970 instead of 23.976 or vice versa.

Also, I have a request.

The automatic "force film" based on the d2v file information is no good for me. I have always to cheat by editing the last line of the d2v file, so staxrip thinks its a pure video source.

An option to choose whether or not to let staxrip use that information would be nice.

Thanks!

stax76
3rd March 2006, 16:45
The automatic "force film" based on the d2v file information is no good for me. I have always to cheat by editing the last line of the d2v file, so staxrip thinks its a pure video source.

I'm not well informed in that area so every change in that area requires somebody providing detailed information.

Stax, I believe I found a problem.

If I get a 29.970 fps video(pure video, not film), cut a small clip from it, then use the IVTC filter to correctly reduce fps to 23.976, my video gets cut as it should but my audio does not.

Probably, the audio cutting routine is using 29.970 instead of 23.976 or vice versa.

That was exactly the problem, thanks for pointing it out. Hotfix can be found here (http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/StaxRip_Hotfix.zip) (fixes also the bug reported by pablak).

Now I would like to switch to it for my DVD encodes as well. I rip with DVDdecryptor in IFO mode using Movie only. I would like some help as to how to get the chapters from the DVD into Staxrip though.

Extractiong chapters does either DVD Decrypter or ChapterXtractor. The file can then be selected in the container/muxer configuration.

Will that be possible any time soon? It is just an option to add any files you want. Like cover art etc.

At some point I might have to create a calculator dialog for more advanced calculations. Maybe it would be sufficient to add a option which shows a 'Open Files' dialog with multiselect enabled to select the files which would then simply change the target size accordingly?

bira
3rd March 2006, 18:05
I'm not well informed in that area so every change in that area requires somebody providing detailed information.

As I understand it, you would have to add an option like that: "Auto Force Film". If it is checked, staxrip would use the information from the d2v file and change the frame rate information from the d2v file.

If it is not checked, then it would do nothing.

That was exactly the problem, thanks for pointing it out. Hotfix can be found here (http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/StaxRip_Hotfix.zip) (fixes also the bug reported by pablak).

Thank you.

Maybe it would be sufficient to add a option which shows a 'Open Files' dialog with multiselect enabled to select the files which would then simply change the target size accordingly?

Yes, simply as that. Just be sure to show somewhere how much space is taken by the other files. Also, don't change the value from the target size box, doing that would confuse people. Just perform the bitrate and video dimensions calculations accordingly.

Thanks!

stax76
3rd March 2006, 18:55
As I understand it, you would have to add an option like that: "Auto Force Film". If it is checked, staxrip would use the information from the d2v file and change the frame rate information from the d2v file.

If it is not checked, then it would do nothing.

That don't explain why it's not always desirable to use always forced film if it's film > 95 %. I need reasoning and a scenario for every request where the reason and scenario is not obvious. Wouldn't you agree adding options that I don't understand would be bad idea?

Also, don't change the value from the target size box.

That was what I meant with simply, everything else needs some GUI. There is no room in the main window so a calculator dialog would have to be created for advanced calculations. For now it's a too big task. It's not obvious what separate files are used for since the common way is having a single target file so it would be interesting to hear more about your scenario for the reason explained previously.

bira
3rd March 2006, 20:24
Let see if I can explain clearly.

If dgindex says your movie is 97% film, it means just that. :D

Now seriously, if the remaning 3% of the movie is spread through out the lenght of the movie (let's say a few frames here, a few there), force film is OK.

But if the remaning 3% is from a single scene of the movie, that scene will be jerky, since you are forcing a "video" scene to be film.

That's why I take the 29.970 movie and use IVTC to properly convert to 23.976.

Regarding the target size:

Let say I want to fit a movie on a CD. I have, let say, 700MB of space. So, movie file size + .idx and .sub files size + whatever I want to include must be equal to 700MB. If I don't have an option to add files, the movie will take 700MB alone.

Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Zorrander
3rd March 2006, 20:36
I'm not having any issues so far with Staxrip, just wanted to tell you that I was able to install it and get it working in a pretty short time. I tried to use MeGUI and found myself lost pretty quickly, but this program of yours makes it pretty idiot proof... which is what I need! Now I just need to figure out more about avisynth scripts.. anyway thanks again!

laserfan
4th March 2006, 04:58
Hi, although my subject setting is 5 under Project Options, my 2-pass Xvid encodings with 0.9.3.2 always do a 100% compressibility check. Is there a bug, or am I missing something?

fogbav
4th March 2006, 08:26
On 3 different PCs on different TS-Records i'm still getting a to short AC3 (Cutting- in the temp Folder) file resulting in a to short AAC File ...

Everything is ok with cutting at normal mp2 Tracks in the Movies ...

Can someone please try and verify this error ...?

stax76
4th March 2006, 10:12
That's why I take the 29.970 movie and use IVTC to properly convert to 23.976.

I made a option which let you define a threshold. If you can use a value > 100 force film will obviously never be applied.

Let say I want to fit a movie on a CD. I have, let say, 700MB of space. So, movie file size + .idx and .sub files size + whatever I want to include must be equal to 700MB. If I don't have an option to add files, the movie will take 700MB alone.

What about using mkv or divx as container?

@Zorrander

I'm glad you had a possitive experience.

@laserfan

There should be a file *_CompCheck.avs and the last line should be 'SelectRangeEvery(280,14)' so I don't see why it don't work for you, it works perfectly here.

@fogbav

I'm uspecting VirtualDubMod has problems with your AC3 files which might be bad. I assume you want to keep AC3 so a option to decode before cutting would not help. How much to short are the files? Maybe there is a tool that can fix the AC3 files, e.g.:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=92325&highlight=ac3cutter

http://www.lucike.info/index.htm?http://www.lucike.info/page_projectx.htm

bira
4th March 2006, 13:39
I made a option which let you define a threshold. If you can use a value > 100 force film will obviously never be applied.

Wonderful!

What about using mkv or divx as container?

I did not try these containers yet, but I'll try. Anyway, there is still need to add other files like cover art, etc.

Thanks Stax!

polaris
5th March 2006, 23:37
Hi Stax

Great program. I rip my dvd in divx but when I run Compressibility check I have this error message:
"Virtualdub error
Video compression error: The source image format is not acceptable. (error code -2)"
Am I able to do something?
thanks you

SeeMoreDigital
6th March 2006, 19:42
I'm a total newbie to your application.... but I have to say.... very nice work ;)

Cheers

ch@@boom
6th March 2006, 23:07
since you added various options what staxrip should do when all jobs are finished i am using shutdown when done always

i discovered that it doesn't completely shutdown windows when finished, meaning it waits for other programs to close ..

IMO it should force a shutdown and close/kill all apps which are unable to stop/quit/exit properly (i had these cases quite a few times: winamp, explorer, etc. ..)

thx

LRN
8th March 2006, 00:08
Compressing 2-hour DVD into 1300 Mb x264 CE-HighProfile with 1014 kbps - but after comp.check staxrip shows me only 53% quality! What the hell?
I wonder, how you calculate "quality"? Maybe you should use PSNR comparison?

Moat
8th March 2006, 05:26
I don't know if this is an error or not but whenever I rip a 16x9 movie and it's 100% film StaxRip will automatically select force film. Fine with me, but when I have a 4x3 movie and it's 100% film StaxRip will never set force film.

-Moat

Gargantula
9th March 2006, 07:08
Does StaxRip support variables for AviSynth? Look at what I am trying to do with StaxRip (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=796625#post796625). I think that this script is too complicated to use with StaxRip correctly. The video does not get cut.

dvd_maniac
10th March 2006, 01:07
I have been using Staxrip for a couple of weeks now and do about 4-5 encodes a day. I have been loving it up until recently.
I setup my default profile and I have been using it ever since.
I had Zero problems until today.
I setup about 8 encodes and the first one finished fine. When the second one was about to begin it gave me an error.
File doesn`t exist: D:\.. ... ...\Conviction_Pilot_AudioOutput.pm4"

I tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling but I get the same error.
I am using x264 CE_Highprofile with AAC HE50-70 audio, mp4 container. I am encoding video captured by myself using Hauppauge's USB2 tuners. The same tuners I have been using since before the problem. I have changed NO settings in between.

Please help???

setarip_old
10th March 2006, 07:56
Hi!Conviction_Pilot_AudioOutput.pm4Unless it's only a typo in your post here, I think the problem is a typo in your input...

stax76
10th March 2006, 11:53
@dvd_maniac

In the log file you should have the command line that failed, you have to find out why it failed by checking the input to the command line and executing it using the command prompt. Do you know how to execute a command line using the command prompt?

Does StaxRip support variables for AviSynth? Look at what I am trying to do with StaxRip. I think that this script is too complicated to use with StaxRip correctly. The video does not get cut.

The source filter has to return a valid script, maybe it works using the script below as source filter, you should however not edit the source filter after opening a source file.

Also remember StaxRip is about doing things the easy way. You are doing something complicated, maybe other tools are more suitable.

last = MPEG2Source("D:\Recording\SageTV\Temporary Encoding\Unfabulous-TheCharityCase-5802814-0.d2v")
show = MPEG2Source("D:\Recording\SageTV\Temporary Encoding\Unfabulous-TheCharityCase-5802814-0.d2v").Trim(3526,23938) + last.Trim(28476,49369)
credits = MPEG2Source("D:\Recording\SageTV\Temporary Encoding\Unfabulous-TheCharityCase-5802814-0.d2v").Trim(49370,50721)
show = last.Decimate(mode=3)
credits = last.MotionProtectedFPS(23.976)
# using the next line would not return a valid script!
# last = show ++ credits
show ++ credits # use this instead

I don't know if this is an error or not but whenever I rip a 16x9 movie and it's 100% film StaxRip will automatically select force film. Fine with me, but when I have a 4x3 movie and it's 100% film StaxRip will never set force film.

It's likely a bug, I'll check it.

I wonder, how you calculate "quality"?

Comp. check is done very simply, it takes your x264 params, applies --crf 18 (or quant 2 for DivX and XviD) and then uses the file size to calculate the quality. The filesize crf 18/q2 produces is 100%.

IMO it should force a shutdown and close/kill all apps which are unable to stop/quit/exit properly

Next version will have new modes for this.

I rip my dvd in divx but when I run Compressibility check I have this error message:
"Virtualdub error
Video compression error: The source image format is not acceptable. (error code -2)"
Am I able to do something?

Do have the DivX Pro? Comp. Check and quality mode requires DivX Pro.

I'm a total newbie to your application.... but I have to say.... very nice work

Thanks, please let me know if you find problems, e.g. related aspect ratio or MP4 ;)

dvd_maniac
10th March 2006, 12:38
In the log file you should have the command line that failed, you have to find out why it failed by checking the input to the command line and executing it using the command prompt. Do you know how to execute a command line using the command prompt?

I can tell what's wrong from the error. It tells me that: "File doesn't exist path\filename_Audiooutput.mp4"
The problem is that there is the same filename but with the .mpa extension instead.
Is it suppose to be an .mp4 extension?

stax76
10th March 2006, 12:44
StaxRip tells you the file does not exist, if you follow my instructions BeSweet might tell you why it could not create the file. There should not be a mpa file with the same extension meaning a mpa file containing '_Audiooutput'.

SeeMoreDigital
10th March 2006, 12:46
Thanks, please let me know if you find problems, e.g. related aspect ratio or MP4 ;)

While experimenting with placing MPEG-4 SP/ASP video within MP4, I notice I'm unable to place MP3 audio streams within the MP4 container.

The following "Conflict" notice appears, which states (along with other things), "the container only supports AVI..."

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4562/staxripobservations015cr.png

I'm not sure it's a good idea to mention terms such as "AVI" when working with "MP4" :scared: Plus... it's perfectly permissible to place MP3 audio within the MP4 container (although not very popular).

Also, when generating MPEG-4 ASP files within MP4, is VirtualDub able to correctly encode and place the B-VOP's within the MP4 container. Or does if follow the AVI method?

Cheers

stax76
10th March 2006, 13:02
While experimenting with placing MPEG-4 SP/ASP video within MP4, I notice I'm unable to place MP3 audio streams within the MP4 container.

I did't know it's it's possible. I will enable it.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to mention terms such as "AVI" when working with "MP4"

Container stands here for MP4Box, I just can't display MP4Box or muxer since novice users would not understand it. What you see there are all supported input formats (that I've enabled), AVI is certainly supported by MP4Box so I don't see a problem here.

VirtualDub able to correctly encode and place the B-VOP's within the MP4 container.

I'm clueless about such topics, VirtualDub won't however place anything into MP4, it can only output AVI.

Sirber
10th March 2006, 13:07
MP3 in MP4 is possible but not recommended.

dvd_maniac
10th March 2006, 13:16
This is a file in the diagnosis zip file:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\badmin\Desktop\New Folder\Bones-TheManontheFairway T01 DELAY 0ms_AudioOutput.mp4'.
File name: 'C:\Documents and Settings\badmin\Desktop\New Folder\Bones-TheManontheFairway T01 DELAY 0ms_AudioOutput.mp4'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length()
at StaxRip.CommandLineAudioProfile.Encode()
at StaxRip.MainForm.Encode()
at StaxRip.MainForm.StartEncoding()
at StaxRip.MainForm.bSkip_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

SeeMoreDigital
10th March 2006, 13:19
MP3 in MP4 is possible but not recommended.There are a few stand-alone players that support MPEG-4 SP/ASP video with MP3 audio in MP4.... It's pefectly permissible in the MPEG-4 specs

stax76
10th March 2006, 14:28

I did a code review, I don't think there is a bug, IIRC you you can read code so see yourself:

If Filepath.GetExt(p.SourceFile) = ".d2v" Then
Dim content As String = StringHelp.ReadFile(p.SourceFile)

cb169.Checked = content.Contains("Aspect_Ratio=16:9")

If content.Contains("Frame_Rate=29970") Then
Dim m As Match = Regex.Match(content, "FINISHED +(\d\d)\.")

If m.Success Then
Dim film As Integer = CInt(m.Groups(1).Value)

If film >= p.AutoForceFilmThreshold.Value Then
content = content.Replace("Field_Operation=0" + vbCrLf + "Frame_Rate=29970", "Field_Operation=1" + vbCrLf + "Frame_Rate=23976")
StringHelp.WriteFile(p.SourceFile, content)
End If
End If
End If
End If

@dvd_maniac

Please try using the hotfix: http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/StaxRip_Hotfix.zip