PDA

View Full Version : Error parsing IFO file (autogk v.2.11-2.20)

kungfusionmaster
6th October 2005, 11:12
hello,
till autogk 2.09 my worked properly, but now every versions after 2.09 (even the new 2.20) have all the same error message. iīd tried everything, read manuals and forums but it seems to be that iīm the only person who has this error :( .
i do ripping a dvd with dvd-decrypter in ifo-mode. include checked angle nr and pgc nr. in settings. but everytime i want to load these files into autogk (v2.11-2.20) the error: error parsing ifo file appears.
i exchanged the DGMPGDec but this doesnīt solve the problem. i reinstalled everything of this program and codecs (maybe not in the right way but i think it was correct). now i changed the 2.2 autogk.exe-core-file with the old 2.09 exe-file and autogk works properly again. but i still donīt know whats changed in the core of autogk or what i have to change in my computer so i can use the new one.
does someone know this problem? how may i open the ifo files without this error?

best regards
el maestro of kungfusion

windows xp sp2+ latest updates (winboard.org)
ati radeon 9200

CWR03
6th October 2005, 12:12
1) What's the DVD title and region?
2) Post your DVD Decrypter log. It could be an ARccOS-protected disk.

1) Reset DVD Decrypter v.3.5.4 to "Default Settings"

2) Use DVD Deccrypter v.3.5.4 in "FILE" mode (select "All files", NOT "movie files") to initially rip the DVD to your hard drive

3) Use SmartRipper to extract your required video and audio streams from the DVD "package" on your hard drive

kungfusionmaster
6th October 2005, 17:19
hello,
i tried several dvds i own to watch them on my old laptop, which has no dvd-rom. this is one of the log of dvd-decrypter:

I 17:54:27 Found 1 CD-RW and 1 DVD-ROM!
I 17:54:33 Operation Started!
I 17:54:33 Source Device: [1:1:0] TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1712 1004 (G:) (ATA)
I 17:54:33 Source Media Type: DVD-ROM
I 17:54:33 Source Media Region Code: 2
I 17:54:33 Source Media Copyright Protection System Type: CSS/CPPM
I 17:54:33 Source Media Implementation Identifier: Daikin U.S. Comtec Lab
I 17:54:33 Destination Folder: D:\test\VIDEO_TS\
I 17:54:33 File Splitting: 1 GB
I 17:54:33 Detect Mastering Errors: No
I 17:54:33 Remove Macrovision Protection: Yes
I 17:54:33 Stream Processing: No
I 17:54:33 Decryption Key: C0 1D E0 3F D3

the manual of autogk and the manual of this site, write that i should use decrypter in ifo-mode. now iīd tried the file-mode and it wonīt work too :(

greetins
el maestro

len0x
6th October 2005, 20:59
the manual of autogk write that i should use decrypter in ifo-mode.

Show me a quote from tutorial that comes with 2.20 that says that???
Which file are you trying to open - VTS_xx_0.IFO? Just this one DVD or any?

kungfusionmaster
6th October 2005, 23:32
ok, maybe not the manual of autogk, sorry, but i read many manuals, that say decrypter is the best. anyway. yes, i try to open the VTS_02_0.IFO or at least any other file on any other dvd i ripped to my harddisk. it never worked out. i thought about having a english xp, but some german programs like office and there is a confilct between the"." and the "," . could this be a problem?

len0x
7th October 2005, 21:56
It shouldn't be, otherwise I'd get this report from a lot of european users already. Can you attach one of IFOs so that source problem can be eliminated?

kungfusionmaster
8th October 2005, 11:54
hello,
no problem, here it is. the zip file

greetings
master of kungfusion

len0x
8th October 2005, 12:03
I have no problem opening it. can you try using vstrip_ifo.exe(from tools dir of agk) on that IFO file and see if its producing valid output file.

kungfusionmaster
8th October 2005, 12:32
it seems that there is no problem with vstrip in my computer.
i did two screenshots. one of this error, one of decrypter settings. maybe this will help (but i donīt think...)

greetings
le maestro

-----
Video info: MPEG2 720x576 PAL 16:9 letbox

PGC 1. Length: 1:28:50:12

Audio 1. Deutsch (AC3 6ch, 0xBD 0x80) [0]
Audio 2. English (AC3 6ch, 0xBD 0x81) [0]

Subtitle 1. Deutsch 0 (0xBD 0x20) [0] wide
Subtitle 2. Deutsch 1 (0xBD 0x21) [0] wide
Subtitle 3. English 2 (0xBD 0x22) [0] wide
Subtitle 4. Deutsch 0 (0xBD 0x23) [0] letbox
Subtitle 5. Deutsch 1 (0xBD 0x24) [0] letbox
Subtitle 6. English 2 (0xBD 0x25) [0] letbox
-----

i installed
GordianKnot.Codec.Pack.1.9.Setup.exe
GordianKnot.SystemPack.1.0.Setup.exe
GordianKnot.RipPack.0.35.0.Setup.exe
i installed the new autogk over the old one
also i deinstalled autogk with its codecs, reboot & install the new autogk.

len0x
8th October 2005, 12:43
Something is messed up with your OS configuration (may be TEMP/TMP directories are not properly defined or something like that). It has nothing to do with OS locale, but just your particular install...

kungfusionmaster
8th October 2005, 12:51
hmm, how did you know? my programs are on d: not on c:, so autogk too. should i install it or something else on c: ?
and why is this error only after the 2.09b?

regards
masterofkungfusion

ps. thank you for the realy quick answers!

len0x
8th October 2005, 13:26
sorry, the only suggestion I can give you is to reinstall OS.

kungfusionmaster
8th October 2005, 22:16
ok, this will take the problem at its roots. :)
i donīt think i get this far, but many thanks for your help.

it is very bad to hear that your baby, autogk, will stop. many more thanks to you for your work. you have made a great program and spend much time so we users donīt have the need to spend our time in configuration settings.
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

master of kungfusion

kungfusionmaster
11th October 2005, 15:38
hello,
today i solved the problem, len0x. your hint, that maybe something is wrong with my temp/tmp let me reinstall autogk on the c:-drive. now the proggy works properly.

bye
master of kungfusion

Franco Lechner
29th November 2005, 22:56
hello,
today i solved the problem, len0x. your hint, that maybe something is wrong with my temp/tmp let me reinstall autogk on the c:-drive. now the proggy works properly.

bye
master of kungfusion

Glad you solved the problem :sly: but I still cannot open any IFO file with the same problem you had.
I tried all your provious steps (I only have one partition and one drive) but it does not work.

Len0x, are there any debug switch or log files I can look through to understand where the problem is ?

The situation:

DVD decripter 3.5.4.0
AutoGK 2.20 (1.96 worked)
Windows XP
TEMP and TMP environment vars set to
"%USERPROFILE%\Impostazioni locali\Temp"
vstrip_ifo.exe working correctly on IFOs
various "personal" DVDs (always OK with AutoGK 1.96)

Any suggestion ?
:thanks:

len0x
29th November 2005, 23:18
what if you set TMP/TEMP to something very simple like c:\temp ?
does TMP folder contain agk.tbl at all ?

Franco Lechner
30th November 2005, 00:11
I've just set TMP and TEMP to "C:\Temp"
I see the same problem and there is not "agk.tbl" there.
If I try to open an AVI file with AGK, the pop-up error says "Cannot open file C:\Temp\agk.tbl".

The C:\Temp exists and is writable by me.

len0x
30th November 2005, 00:20
hm... I wonder how AutoGK detects your OS - what is the second(probably) line in the encoding log from previous versions?

Franco Lechner
30th November 2005, 22:49
hm... I wonder how AutoGK detects your OS - what is the second(probably) line in the encoding log from previous versions?

Here it is:

[30/11/2005 22.35.44] AutoGK 1.96
[30/11/2005 22.35.44] OS: Win98 (4.10.67766446).1
[30/11/2005 22.35.44] Job started.
... and so on ...

it looks strange ! My OS is a
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Versione 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

Franco Lechner
30th November 2005, 23:06
LEN0X You're great !!!

I do not know why, but AutoGK.exe of v1.96 run in "compatibility mode" as it were on a W98 machine.
I unchecked the compatibility option, installed v2.20 and now is working !

The program detects correctly my OS now:

[30/11/2005 22.54.47] AutoGK 2.20
[30/11/2005 22.54.47] OS: WinXP (5.1.2600).2
[30/11/2005 22.54.47] Job started.

Thanks a lot !
:thanks:

LordBug
5th December 2005, 12:56
I've been getting the Parsing Error message on and off. It only happens with the occasional DVD.

EG. Five different DVDs. One always gave the error (I think this was around AGK 1.60). Gave up trying.

Recently, a similar thing. Upgraded AGK to the latest version, and DVDDecrypter too (Is it still the best ripper to use for AGK, or are there any better ones that've popped up?) seemed to fix it. Just before that upgrade though, the same DVD worked perfectly fine on my laptop.

But tonight, I've got at least two discs that've given me this error. I just tryed changing some of the settings in DVD Decrypter to test that out, and if that flops, onto the laptop with it. After that, I'm stumped.

*edit*

Just doing a bit of testing

Ripped the DVD on the laptop.
AutoGK on the laptop accepts the file.
AutoGK on the desktop has an effor parsing the file.
Both have the exact same version.

Dammit, it was all working well on the desktop the other week :(

len0x
8th December 2005, 22:07
at least if it works on one PC that means its not AutoGK's fault and just configuration problem...

LordBug
13th December 2005, 06:30
I just found a way to get it working again (Two problems fixed in one day? I'm on a roll! :D)

I had to get my command prompt working again before I could use the vstrip_ifo.exe tool. Finally got the prompt fixed, and copied one of my (as of yet un-encoded) episodes into a folder named "test". vstrip_ifo ran fine. "Hmm" I wondered, and opened AGK, and pointed it to that dir. *Wow!* It worked without complaint.
I then pointed it to the original dir... and it failed to work.

Then it half clicked, and I went and did a change of folder names.

Original folder name:
Men Behaving Badly - Last Orders
Gives the "Error parsing IFO file"
Changing the folder name to something simple, eg 01 doesn't return that error message.

I haven't tried 2.26 yet to see if the problem exists there, but it's got me scratching my head.
I've encoded before with long foldernames like that. But I suppose my computer is getting a bit long in the tooth. I've left him so long he's building a personality.

setarip_old
13th December 2005, 06:45
Original folder name:
Men Behaving Badly - Last Orders
Gives the "Error parsing IFO file"

Problems are likely caused by A) The blank spaces in the directory name and B) The directory name is not compliant with 8.3 DOS format...

len0x
13th December 2005, 21:07
I have no problems with folder named above on WinXP platform...

LordBug
14th December 2005, 11:32
Other files with long names have worked perfectly. eg "Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex vol5" came out without a worry.

I'll happily blame my computer. After all, I kind of ask for trouble, not only running Windows 98se, but a 2+ year old install at that.

Oh well, I'm just happy that I can still use AGK on Traitor still. He's my encoding workhorse :)

Schans
5th March 2006, 12:59
I always get on my computer : error parsing ifo file.
I already read the solutions that you give but still it isn’t working.
I know my temp is on my e drive en not on my c drive were autogk is installed.
On my other computer is everything working just fine but because it’s a slower computer I want to do it on my other computer.
I want to make movies that I made of my own so there no protection on those vob and ifo files. How can I make this fine program working again?

fluor
6th August 2007, 20:19
im also having this problem. now on Vista.

procmon from sysinternals says:

Sequence: 157291
Date & Time: 06.08.2007 21:13:40
Event Class: File System
Operation: QueryOpen
Result: FAST IO DISALLOWED
Path: C:\Users\MYNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\agk.tbl
TID: 9072
Duration: 0.0000041

lUp
12th September 2007, 20:56
same for me here. vista ultimate (vlite) x86 and getting "error parsing ifo file"

also autogk can't use divx 6.6.1, if i select a .vob no info shows up (also the audio streams are only ac3 1-3 not english, german etc) and if i hit preview, there's no preview :)

so far i'm not impressed.

gaspah
27th January 2008, 09:59
DEFINATELY a bad directory name... with a [ or sometihng..