PDA

View Full Version : IMGBURN 1.000, question / comment

zyzzle77
5th October 2005, 02:01
I noticed this in the ChangeLog:

Added: Possible workaround for drives that randomly return 'Unknown' for 'current profile' that then leads to DVD+R/+RW discs not being finalised.

What does this mean, and / or accomplish for the workaround?

I have a Plextor 716A drive that is prone to this problem-- Sometimes .ISO files seem to burn properly and then upon trying to read them back, the drive does not even recognize the disc, and acts like it is blank, even though the .ISO was burned in the (DVD-Decrypter) program. Note that Nero will burn these .ISO images without problems in DAO mode... I've lost several good media discs (TY DVD+R) to this bug / problem. Why does (did) this happen in the defunct DVD-Decrypter?

Thank you for any help on explaining this,

-z

LIGHTNING UK!
5th October 2005, 21:14
No idea really.

There are some occasions where the drive wont report the 'current profile' it's using.

The 'current profile' is linked to what the drive has determined is in its tray - media wise.

If it's reporting 'unknown', DVD Decrypter wouldn't know exactly which commands to execute in order to finalise the disc properly.

ImgBurn takes extra steps to reduce the chance of this happening.

btw, those discs aren't lost, just close them manually.

FilipeAmadeuO
9th October 2005, 19:56
LIGHTNING UK!
Is there any possibility to post what is on the mds file ? And how to create it ?
My idea is for PGCEdit so the image created can be record after.

LIGHTNING UK!
10th October 2005, 16:41
Should you ever need one, you do it via the tools menu.

If you just wanted it for the layer break stuff, it's not so important with ImgBurn (compared to DVD Decrypter).

FilipeAmadeuO
10th October 2005, 18:27
My idea is for PGCEdit. When an ISO is created if also the MDS file was created i could burn the image later on without having to put the layerbreak sector manualy.
How does IMGBURN 1.000 work ? Does it says where the layerbreak is ?

Ja32
16th October 2005, 13:43
Hello,

How to Verify burned DVDR after a time?
Of course I still have original ISO file.

LIGHTNING UK!
16th October 2005, 21:23
cdspeed, dvdinfopro ?

Ja32
18th October 2005, 16:35
But this is not a test of quality burning only? It not compare original with copy.

By away, this is a wish, ImgBurn could be burn DVD Video from VIDEO_TS data?

int 21h
19th October 2005, 01:03
By away, this is a wish, ImgBurn could be burn DVD Video from VIDEO_TS data?...

That has been my wish for a long time as well, way back into DVDDecrypter days, maybe now he has more time to focus on such things ;)

blutach
19th October 2005, 03:11
There's a verify box - do it at the same time. That's what I do.

@int21h - I think you might find that ImgBurn is there to burn images. To create them, use PgcEdit or ImgToolClassic. But, who knows what LUK! might do in future versions?

Regards

int 21h
19th October 2005, 05:20
There's a verify box - do it at the same time. That's what I do.

@int21h - I think you might find that ImgBurn is there to burn images. To create them, use PgcEdit or ImgToolClassic. But, who knows what LUK! might do in future versions?

Regards

It was more tongue in cheek than anything... the original post regarding it is here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=60400#post368876

blutach
19th October 2005, 12:17
You tax my memory int21h :D

Regards