PDA

View Full Version : RealAnime 4 - General Questions and Troubleshooting Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Sirber
30th November 2005, 13:14
Zones maybe...Never!!! ;)
Still only alpha 4 at http://www.eluni.net/downloads/RealAnimeLE/Uploading...

Sirber
30th November 2005, 13:21
I'v been experiencing problems with besweet encoding (audio encoding part in RALE), while file were encoded (32 kbps Parametric Stereo + normalisation) it were taking me more than ~45 minutes to encode files (to much long)

I'v test the same command line in a dos shell and the encode were made in ~10 sec max and test it with belight with the same result.

I'd like to know if anyone else experience the same problem. I dont know if it is related to intel HT technology or any intel p4 processors.I read your IM about the Sleep() function. 150ms waiting is the work good on Single CPU machines. What's your recommended value on HT?

Eretria-chan
30th November 2005, 13:31
Never!!! ;)
Bastard ;)

Sirber
30th November 2005, 13:49
How can I fit that (zones) in the GUI? :confused:

Eretria-chan
30th November 2005, 13:59
Are you referring to out of space or simply don't know how to add it (gui wise)?

Sirber
30th November 2005, 14:38
GUI wise. I don't want to scare people with zones, also it needs to fit in the small frame if te GUI (or popup?).

Eretria-chan
30th November 2005, 14:46
Why do the gui need to be so small? You could try to put an advanced button that launches a new dialog and label that advanced button "for the advanced users only!" You could also try to educate some on how zones work, if they are not satisfied with the video.

Does that sounds reasonable?

Sirber
30th November 2005, 14:52
Why do the gui need to be so small?The design is perfect! ;) It's small coz I don't have much component to throw in. Also, too much settings scare away the user.
You could try to put an advanced button that launches a new dialog and label that advanced button "for the advanced users only!"hum... advanced UI with only zones?
You could also try to educate some on how zones work, if they are not satisfied with the video.That's out of question :devil:, but I will build a guide with final release is done.
Does that sounds reasonable?I cannot say... ;)

Sirber
30th November 2005, 14:53
I could add an "Adv." tab for experienced user with zones in it. It will not make the UI heavier I think...

Eretria-chan
30th November 2005, 15:04
Just be sure to let the users know that the advanced tab is for advanced users only =) About that guide for zones, I think it could be useful for those who are n00b, yet are willing to learn. There's no saying it must be used, but for those who want some extra cream out of your little app...

Sirber
30th November 2005, 15:10
the guide will be for LE, not for zones ;)

Eretria-chan
30th November 2005, 15:27
But zones will be part of LE, will it not? :P

Sirber
30th November 2005, 15:29
I will try, but the guide will not be titled: "Zones in RealAnime LE for noobs" ;)

Eretria-chan
30th November 2005, 15:33
Add a section at the end: "Advanced features - only necessary for those advanced users!" ;)

Sirber
30th November 2005, 16:10
http://www.detritus.qc.ca/files/rale_zone.PNG
I will look like that...

LAIN
30th November 2005, 16:49
I read your IM about the Sleep() function. 150ms waiting is the work good on Single CPU machines. What's your recommended value on HT?

I currently testing a 2 ms delay (at <1 ms realanime take a lot of cpu ~15 to 50%) with the 2 ms, besweet take twice of it time (take about 3 to 5 minutes, better than the initial 45 minutes :D, the consol encoding take aroung ~1:30 to 2 minutes) and RealAnimeLE.exe take ~1 to 5% cpu.

I'v tested few other functions, but realanime process take a lot of cpu and it's bad.

if any other people having these kind of problem, could they report and tell us witch kind of computer does they have.

[EDIT]

after disabling HT, i'v retry to encode with besweet and notice no problem with encoding time (even with the original 150ms and 500 ms sleep).

HT is bad... really bad...

Sirber
30th November 2005, 17:52
Can someone test on real SMP?

Kayser
30th November 2005, 22:42
I tried lastest beta 1 and works great. The only thing that I found odd was that with MKV + AAC audio (source) when it finishes encoding (the file is done great, no problem whatsover) RALE gives an access violation. It happened with the only 2 sources of that kind (MKV+AAC) I tried but they are both from the same series so I don't know if it's in general or just my sources. Anyway, great job Sirber!

Sirber
30th November 2005, 22:58
Does besweet restart with "(retry)" in the logs? RALE gives AV or besweet?

Kayser
30th November 2005, 23:24
Where is the log Sirber? I'm lost there :confused:

Sirber
30th November 2005, 23:42
bottom of realanime, in realtime :)

@Eretria-chan

I'm currently testing zones in LE :)

Kayser
30th November 2005, 23:50
Lol, that's why I couldn't find it :P. I'll enconde one of those again and tell you what happens

namelessted
30th November 2005, 23:57
why can i never get my videos to work. I have an AVI that runs fine, i put it in RealAnime LE and convert it. I run it and it just plays sound, how do i fix this? im sorry i am such a noob

Sirber
1st December 2005, 00:13
install latest ffdshow, which comes with RealAnime LE. Which player do you use?

namelessted
1st December 2005, 00:35
I use media player classic or VLC player. and i did install ffdshow.

Sirber
1st December 2005, 00:40
Both should work. I used MPC in the past whitout problems. VCL works well too (tested last week)... :confused:

namelessted
1st December 2005, 00:49
hmm, i dunno. i will play aroung with it. maybe i hit somthing wrong in the setting wheni converted the video.

Sirber
1st December 2005, 03:06
what are your settings?

ggab
1st December 2005, 06:52
"Where is the log Sirber? I'm lost there"
bottom of realanime, in realtime :)

a very important feature to do is the "(realtime log)`s log"
i mean, every message that it is shown in the screen, will be logged in a text file. (something like old producer.log....)

thus, u can check (later) how well or bad the encoding was, if u are not watching the monitor :D

namelessted
1st December 2005, 07:11
now it is giving me an x264 codec error.

video codec is x264, high quality, 2 pass mode, 368 kbps bitrate, +1 filtering
should i turn "use DirectShow" on in the video filtering tab?

Sirber
1st December 2005, 13:11
Which error?

Turn on DShow if you don't have VFW decoders.

Sirber
1st December 2005, 14:02
Lain discovered an error with "Low" profile: it fails :D. Looks like no one uses it :p

SenorKaffee
1st December 2005, 23:08
Hm, I keep getting the error "Analysis failed: unsupported source." I know that X264 can´t work with the YUY2 data in my source AVI that is HuffYuv encoded, so I added the statement "ConvertToYV12" to the Video Filtering tab. That didn´t change a thing. Any idea how to get RALE to accept the video?

Sirber
1st December 2005, 23:46
The error "Analysis failed: unsupported source." is a RealAnime LE error and can mean 2 thing:

1) You input an unknown container (ex: wmv)
2) Your AVI does not contain MP3 or PCM audio track.

SenorKaffee
2nd December 2005, 10:58
The source is an export from AFX 5.5. The container is AVI, the video codec is HuffYuv 2.2.0 (YUY2) and the audio track is uncompressed PCM (AFX won´t export something else, at least not in 5.5). Are you sure it´s not a problem with the colorspace?

Sirber
2nd December 2005, 13:11
http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/249/b1av6sy.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

@SenorKaffee

Yeah, RealAnime LE doesn't look at the colorspace and already convert in the AVS. Can you send me your source?

Sirber
2nd December 2005, 13:45
I'm adding some tools to LE:

* MSU Video Quality Mesure
* HDTVtoMPEG

Kayser
2nd December 2005, 14:37
Sirber, concerning the access violations I got (they were like the last screenshot you posted :P), I tried but couldn't reproduce the error anymore. Must have been those 2 sources.

Sirber
2nd December 2005, 15:19
the only possible AV I can think of is the log timer trying to get logs from a freed encoder... :(

Sirber
3rd December 2005, 02:30
Zones works now #1, they are even saved in the XML! :D
They will be avalbile in beta 2, which I beleive will be the last beta.

spinstate
3rd December 2005, 05:39
Any thoughts on adding support for Avisynth file input?

Sirber
3rd December 2005, 05:42
none.

It is not needed. Every filtering can be done via the "Filtering" tab. If someone wish to develop the input module for it, the source is avalible. I won't spend weeks to handle each case AVS can bring for nothing.

[clarification]

AVS as input is the worst pain ever for the track manager. There are so many possibilities about if the AVS contain video, audio, or video + audio, that makes the code very long and hard. I tryed by the past and I failed :)

spinstate
3rd December 2005, 06:42
lol i just asked b'cause I have a some crappy RMVB files and was wondering if I could re-encode it with RALE along with using MSmooth() etc.. to improve the video quality.

Sirber
3rd December 2005, 14:12
hum...

not sure I can handle RMVB anyway. I think I can know what's inside with MediaInfo lib and encode the video via avisynth, but besweet will not like the audio :(

[edit]

maybe with avs2wav... :)
I'll look it up.

SenorKaffee
3rd December 2005, 14:17
This is a clip of my source, direct stream copy from VirtualDub.
http://www.fullmetalpantsu.de/diverses/1npe06_extrakt.avi

Sirber
3rd December 2005, 15:09
k. I will have a look.

General
Complete name : C:\Documents and Settings\sirber\Bureau\1npe06_extrakt.avi
File size : 73.5 MiB
Format : Audio Video Interleave
Overal BitRate : 46556 KBps
PlayTime : 13s 240ms

Video #0
Codec : Huffman
Bit rate : 45131 KBps
Width : 640
Height : 480
Aspect ratio : 4/3
Frame rate : 25
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 5.876

Audio #0
Codec : PCM
Bit rate : 1411 KBps
Channels : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44 KHz
So far so good. This should already be supported... :confused:

Sirber
3rd December 2005, 22:04
Audio #0
Count : 168
Count of stream of t : 1
Kind of stream : Audio
StreamKindID : 0
Codec : 1
Codec : PCM
Codec/Info : Microsoft PCM
Codec/Url : http://www.microsoft.com/windows/
Bit rate : 1411200
Bit rate : 1411 KBps
Channels : 2
Sampling rate : 44100
Sampling rate : 44 KHz

Codec #1, I only managed #0 and #55 :) Gonna work in next version.

Sirber
3rd December 2005, 23:06
Added:
* x264 Zones
* HDTVtoMPEG (TS converter)
* MSU Video Quality Mesure

Updated:
* AVI analysis (PCM codec #1)
* x264 rev 380D

ToDo:
* RMVB input support

http://www.detritus.qc.ca

About zones:
In the grid, the first cell is "start frame #", the second "end frame #", and the last, a quantizer (q=) or a bitrate multiplier (b=). ex:

1 3000 q=50
3001 5000 b=0.75

spinstate
3rd December 2005, 23:22
I think I can know what's inside with MediaInfo lib and encode the video via avisynth, but besweet will not like the audio
Doesn't the x264 CLI already have support for AVS input :? , yeah audio would be troublesome especially files with multiple audio tracks..

Sirber
3rd December 2005, 23:25
no problem with x264, but BeSweet doesn't read RMVB :)

Sirber
4th December 2005, 15:50
I got the AV again. I don't know what's the cause... :(

SenorKaffee
4th December 2005, 16:49
Did the conversion of my test file work? Maybe something is wrong with the way I set up RALE.

Sirber
4th December 2005, 18:22
Did the conversion of my test file work? Maybe something is wrong with the way I set up RALE.Yes!!! :D with beta 2! :D

Sirber
4th December 2005, 20:35
I added Constant Quantizer mode.

Next release will be the final one. If I get no error report, next weekend it will be released.

spinstate
4th December 2005, 21:10
Lain discovered an error with "Low" profile: it fails . Looks like no one uses it

Was that fixed in the beta because "Low" quality setting gives Encoder error #-1 (x264) , input file is MKV (Xvid/6chAAC)

LAIN
4th December 2005, 22:01
Was that fixed in the beta because "Low" quality setting gives Encoder error #-1 (x264) , input file is MKV (Xvid/6chAAC)

Yes the bug was fixed (i use low 1 pass for testing purpose)

normally the AAC 6 ch should be encoded without any problem, i made some test with few files and everything work perfectly on my computer!!!

LAIN

Sirber
4th December 2005, 22:42
normally the AAC 6 ch should be encoded without any problem, i made some test with few files and everything work perfectly on my computer!!!The error was on x264... :p

@spinstate

Can I have your source? I encoded with Low some hours ago with no problem.

spinstate
5th December 2005, 07:37
@spinstate

Sorry my connection is too slow :( to upload the whole file..

Here's the MatroskaDiag info though..don't know if it is helpfull :)

File size : 229.36 MB
File complete : yes
Duration : 00:28:54.108
Writing application : mkvmerge v0.8.5 built on Feb 22 2004 12:17:21
Muxing application : libebml v0.6.4 + libmatroska v0.6.3
Date : 2003-06-01 03:05:06.000
Tracks : 4
Track 1 : Video
- Codec : Microsoft VFW compatibility mode (V_MS/VFW/FOURCC)
- Fourcc : XviD MPEG-4 codec (XVID)
- Possible filter : Xvid
- Installed : yes, in D:\WINNT\system32\xvid.ax
- Link : http://www.xvid.org
- Possible filter : ffdshow
- Installed : yes, in D:\Program Files\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax (1.0.2.2605)
- Link : http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow
- Language : English (eng)
- Pixel Width : 576
- Pixel Height : 432
Track 2 : Audio
- Codec : AAC Low Complexity (A_AAC/MPEG4/LC)
- Possible filter : CoreAAC
- Installed : no
- Link : http://coreaac.corecodec.org
- Sampling Frequency : 44100
- Channels : 6
Track 3 : Audio
- Codec : AAC Low Complexity (A_AAC/MPEG4/LC)
- Possible filter : CoreAAC
- Link : http://coreaac.corecodec.org
- Language : Japanese (jpn)
- Sampling Frequency : 44100
- Channels : 6
Track 4 : Subtitles
- Codec : SubStation Alpha (S_TEXT/SSA)
- Possible filter : VSFilter/DVobSub
- Installed : yes, in D:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\VSFilter.dll (1.0.1.2)
- Link : http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli

DirectShow RenderFile check :
Matroska Splitter : Gabest's Matroska Splitter
- Can be created : no
Matroska Splitter : Haali's New Matroska Splitter
- Installed : yes, in D:\Program Files\Haali\MatroskaSplitter\splitter.ax
- Can be created : yes
RenderFile with DirectShow : OK

DirectShow detailed rendering :
0> MyRenderFile : F:\Samurai X OVA 1\[Oasis]_-_Samurai_X_-_OVA_1_-_Act_1.mkv
0> Creation of GraphBuilder : OK
0> Creation of FilterMapper2 : OK
0> Adding graph to ROT : OK
16> Creation of source filter : OK
16> # Rendering output pin F:\Samurai X OVA 1\[Oasis]_-_Samurai_X_-_OVA_1_-_Act_1.mkv(Video)
16> Filters matching mediatype : ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder, DirectVobSub (auto-loading version), Video Renderer, XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder, AVI Decompressor, Nero Video Decoder, Nero DVD Decoder
16> Trying connection to ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder :
16> OK, connected to (In)ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder
16> # Rendering output pin F:\Samurai X OVA 1\[Oasis]_-_Samurai_X_-_OVA_1_-_Act_1.mkv(Video) -> ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder(Out)
31> Filters matching mediatype : ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder, DirectVobSub (auto-loading version), Video Renderer, AVI Decompressor, Nero Video Decoder, Nero DVD Decoder
31> Trying connection to DirectVobSub (auto-loading version) :
31> OK, connected to (Video)DirectVobSub (auto-loading version)
31> # Rendering output pin F:\Samurai X OVA 1\[Oasis]_-_Samurai_X_-_OVA_1_-_Act_1.mkv(Video) -> ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder(Out) -> DirectVobSub (auto-loading version)(Output)
62> Filters matching mediatype : ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder, DirectVobSub (auto-loading version), Video Renderer, AVI Decompressor, Nero Video Decoder, Nero DVD Decoder
62> Trying connection to Video Renderer :
172> OK, connected to (VMR Input0)Video Renderer
172> Completed path : F:\Samurai X OVA 1\[Oasis]_-_Samurai_X_-_OVA_1_-_Act_1.mkv(Video) -> ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder(Out) -> DirectVobSub (auto-loading version)(Output) -> Video Renderer
172> # Rendering output pin F:\Samurai X OVA 1\[Oasis]_-_Samurai_X_-_OVA_1_-_Act_1.mkv(Audio)
172> Filters matching mediatype : ffdshow Audio Decoder, DirectVobSub (auto-loading version), ACM Wrapper
172> Trying connection to ffdshow Audio Decoder :
172> OK, connected to (In)ffdshow Audio Decoder
172> # Rendering output pin F:\Samurai X OVA 1\[Oasis]_-_Samurai_X_-_OVA_1_-_Act_1.mkv(Audio) -> ffdshow Audio Decoder(Out)
172> Filters matching mediatype : ffdshow Audio Decoder, DirectVobSub (auto-loading version), Default DirectSound Device, RealMedia Splitter, ACM Wrapper, Nero Splitter
172> Trying connection to DirectVobSub (auto-loading version) :
172> DirectVobSub (auto-loading version) AddFilter failed : : Unspecified error (0x80004005)
187> Trying connection to Default DirectSound Device :
203> OK, connected to (Audio Input pin (rendered))Default DirectSound Device
203> Completed path : F:\Samurai X OVA 1\[Oasis]_-_Samurai_X_-_OVA_1_-_Act_1.mkv(Audio) -> ffdshow Audio Decoder(Out) -> Default DirectSound Device
203> # Rendering output pin F:\Samurai X OVA 1\[Oasis]_-_Samurai_X_-_OVA_1_-_Act_1.mkv(Subtitle)
203> OK, connected to (Input)DirectVobSub (auto-loading version)
203> MyRenderFile finished : OK

namelessted
5th December 2005, 11:06
sorry to bother you again, but i finally fixed the encode error and got the file converting to work again. But i still have the same problem with viewing the video file. I unistalled all of my video playback devices then reinstalled them. Real Alternative, then VLC player, then Combined Community Codec, then RealAnime LE. maybe i have some options wrong on FFDshow or something. any ideas?

Sirber
5th December 2005, 13:24
@spinstate

Can you post me the "Info" from realanime? You just have to right click on the file in realanime, then Info.

@namelessted

I can't help getting your system stable. sorry.

namelessted
5th December 2005, 13:33
its ok, i just didnt know if you might know what the problem would be. i am gonna continue messing with it. Thanks for the sweet program though, i used the old version for a while and i was amazed.

quick question. in the output tab, there is a set that says container with the option Matroska selected and mp4 is unselectable, is there any way to make mp4 selectable?

Sirber
5th December 2005, 13:43
quick question. in the output tab, there is a set that says container with the option Matroska selected and mp4 is unselectable, is there any way to make mp4 selectable?Yes, but RealAnime might crash :D. There are currently no code to output mp4. There are currently also no plan to make the code :(

[edit]

Plan these days is to add RealVideo 10, xvid, mp3 and vorbis :)
More containers comes next.

SenorKaffee
5th December 2005, 13:51
Can MP4Box work with MKV? Then you could just take your standard MKV output and mux it in an MP4 container with a command line.

Sirber
5th December 2005, 13:57
Nope. MP4Box can't read MKV.

Sirber
6th December 2005, 01:00
Some work on the GUI and new codecs...

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/504/le4fk.th.jpg (http://img375.imageshack.us/my.php?image=le4fk.jpg)

Sirber
7th December 2005, 02:18
So far, added XviD, Vorbis and MP3. Still need to add RV10...

Those will not be bundeled with LE, but in an external package. So, LE will still be LE at 15MB.

Gimpi
8th December 2005, 00:14
Some work on the GUI and new codecs...

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/504/le4fk.th.jpg (http://img375.imageshack.us/my.php?image=le4fk.jpg)

Hi, I notice you have a pulldown menu now for container type. I've been messing with the b2 version and MP4 container is always grayed out. My ignorance is showing, but I don't know how to get the final file into a MP4 container. Was this just a placeholder in the b2 version, or have I not enabled something in settings to make it work? Will it work in the next version?

My second question deals with RealAnimeLE x264 settings and the PSP. The RealAnimeLE Quality: High Mode: 3 Pass really blows me away at low bitrates. It's something I can't get close to in quality when using PSPVideo9 AVC settings. Is there anything being done with the RealAnimeLE settings that make it look so good that is going to make it incompatable with the PSP? I ran into this link and it looks like x264 files can be used on the PSP:
http://x264.nl/psp/

I want to be able to use MP4 container and high quality 3 pass mode on RealAnimeLE to make my files. I've dug around on the forums but not really hitting upon anything related to RealAnimeLE, MP4 and PSP. Suggestions, ideas, help? I'm willing to be a tester and/or bug hunter if it would help. :)

Sirber
8th December 2005, 00:59
Hi

MP4 is currently not implemented, only MKV. I have no ETA about the implementation of MP4 yet.

About PSP, I really have no idea since it's not the primary goal of RealAnime LE. Can you right click on your source in realanime, hit "Info" and paste here the content? Thanks!

Gimpi
8th December 2005, 01:13
Hi

MP4 is currently not implemented, only MKV. I have no ETA about the implementation of MP4 yet.

About PSP, I really have no idea since it's not the primary goal of RealAnime LE. Can you right click on your source in realanime, hit "Info" and paste here the content? Thanks!

General
Count : 169
Kind of stream : General
Count of video strea : 1
Count of audio strea : 1
Count of text stream : 0
Count of chapter str : 0
Count of image strea : 0
Complete name : C:\Documents and Settings\WinXP32\Desktop\bleach60.avi
Folder name : C:\Documents and Settings\WinXP32\Desktop
File name : bleach60.avi
File extension : avi
File size : 241273242
File size : 230 MiB
File size : 230.1 MiB
Format : AVI
Format/Extensions : AVI
Overal BitRate : 1563365
Overal BitRate : 1563 KBps
PlayTime : 1234635
PlayTime : 20mn 34s
PlayTime : 20mn 34s 635ms
PlayTime : 20mn 34s
PlayTime : 00:20:34.635
Codecs Video : MSUD
Audio codecs : MPEG1/2 L3

Video #0
Kind of stream : Video
Codec : MSUD
Codec : MSUD
Bit rate : 1358365
Bit rate : 1358 KBps
Width : 320
Height : 240
Aspect ratio : 1.333
Aspect ratio : 4/3
Frame rate : 14.985
Frame rate : 14.985
FrameCount : 18519
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 1.180

Audio #0
Codec : 55
Codec : MPEG1/2 L3
Codec/Info : MPEG1 or 2 Audio Layer 3
Codec/Url : http://www.iis.fraunhofer.de/amm/index.html
Bit rate : 192000
Bit rate : 192 KBps
Sampling rate : 48000
Sampling rate : 48 KHz

Above is the source file info before I run it though RealAnimeLE. I guess most of my current confusion is how to get the aac and 264 tracks out of the mkv container and into a mp4 container after the RealAnimeLE encode. I've tried using mkvextract.exe, MP4Box.exe, then AtomChanger.exe, but the file ends up locking up my PSP. I can play the file in zplayer though.

spinstate
8th December 2005, 22:28
@spinstate

oops! my mistake, I was using beta 1 :p I updated to beta 2 and it works fine now <_<

EDIT: See this (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=102564&highlight=psp) thread for more info about x264 PSP encoding.

Sirber
8th December 2005, 22:49
EDIT: See this (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=102564&highlight=psp) thread for more info about x264 PSP encoding.

About PSP, I really have no idea since it's not the primary goal of RealAnime LE.
Thanks but it's not a priority. Until RealAnime can do MP4 it's pointless..

Sirber
9th December 2005, 01:53
Added RV10...

LAIN
9th December 2005, 03:18
currently adding mp4, it will soon be finished...

Sirber
9th December 2005, 03:55
looks like LE 1.0 will be ready for this very weekend :D

I finished "LE PowerPack", a codec upgrade to add support for RV10, XviD, Vorbis and MP3 to sweet sweet RealAnime LE :D

devast
9th December 2005, 08:00
Hi there, first of all your program is great :) i'll use it for sure. Tho i've got some feature request: some more detailed input track management would be nice... sometimes i just do not want to reencode the audio tracks, i wanna keep them as they are. Any comment ? :)

Sirber
9th December 2005, 13:08
So... "Keep audio" and "Don't encode audio"?

devast
9th December 2005, 16:54
Well sort of... the video track must be reencoded, the audio: choose the track/tracks you want to include in the new file, and an option to reencode them or just copy them over. The idea is mine, but you should think about implementation :P i think we need a little more then a "Keep audio" button, but not mutch more. This keep only english/japanese subs is not too good either. Come to think of it, this is a batch stuff so you only read the file details while you click the start button, before that the program does not know anything about the file content. Too bad :( Anyway the "keep audio" stuff can be implemented easily at least. File content readout while grabbing into the list must require major code changes.

Sirber
9th December 2005, 17:27
If you have a look at the track manager, you can not set settings by tracks, but presets. I can globaly set "don't recode audio" but no by tracks, since you can't choose them.

devast
9th December 2005, 17:33
Yeah that's why i said it probably can't be implemented easily. Since file info is not fetched when you grab it.
edit: but if you fetch for example the first file's track info (assuming this program is used for batch series reencoding) the other's probably would be the same. anyway this is way too mutch, so i wont ask for it :) and probably it has some downsides too.

Sirber
9th December 2005, 17:48
I fetch track infos for the file to be encoded, then I select the tracks I want with the settings from "Track management", then I encode only those.

devast
9th December 2005, 18:04
Yeah, that's what i meant (i think). I grab the file to the list, then i fetch track infos for the file to be encoded, then I select the tracks I want with the settings from "Track management", then I push the start button. The key is that the program should know the buildup of the file before you hit the start button. Ie the "track management" tab should dynamically change due the source buildup.
edit: but this theory sure has some flaws.

Sry for bad english, do you understand me btw ? :)

Sirber
9th December 2005, 18:24
BTW I understand you ;)

The ultimate and sweet goal of RealAnime is to encode each files with the exact same settings, where each files refer to a serie of animated content with the same exact source attributes.

That's why I can't make per file settings.

devast
9th December 2005, 18:30
Yeah i know that. But since a "serie of animated content with the same exact source attributes" should have the same source buildup, it's safe to assume if you read out the first file, the others will be the same.

edit: anyway this is only an idea :) the "Keep original audio tracks" button will do the trick for me, the other things are just some ideas. i'm a :helpful: anyway...

Sirber
9th December 2005, 18:38
yeah... helpful newbie all you want ;)

It will be in next release.

Thanks for the ideas :D

devast
9th December 2005, 18:47
Maybe i'll play a little with delphi and mateiralize my ideas, (only for the gui ofc), the code programming of this is idea is the hardest part... too mutch "assuming" :D exception handling 4tw...
i'm kinda used to codeing (university etc...), but i'm not a hc coder myself :)

Sirber
9th December 2005, 18:56
"hc coder"?

sources: svn://svn.detritus.qc.ca/detritus/RealAnimeLE

devast
9th December 2005, 19:04
i'm no hardcore coder :) i'll check them.

Sirber
9th December 2005, 19:12
it's a GUI... no hardcore coding :p

devast
9th December 2005, 19:22
Okey, I'm fetching the source... tho i never used cvs or svn before...

Sirber
9th December 2005, 19:32
I suggest you use TortoiseSVN. Pretty usefull GUI :)

devast
9th December 2005, 19:35
svn.exe co svn://svn.detritus.qc.ca/detritus/RealAnimeLE did the trick :D

Sirber
9th December 2005, 19:44
:)

Good luck with Delphi 7 VCL :D

devast
9th December 2005, 20:21
Yikes, a gui can be complicated too :D your skills surpasses mine so... i'll check it but there's a lot of things i can't understand :) maybe i'll dig into it some time.

Sirber
9th December 2005, 20:23
don't take too much time, a new version each 2 days is produced ;)

LAIN
9th December 2005, 20:34
@devast

i didn't know delphi 7 (even programming) before helping Sirber in this project. taking some times to understand the language!!! it's all that you need!!!

LAIN

Sharktooth
9th December 2005, 20:48
i'm trying to learn 4 different things at a time...
delphi, c# for .NET, ASP .NET and WSH.

Sirber
9th December 2005, 21:14
best to learn 1 and succeed than learn 4 and fail :p

devast
9th December 2005, 22:24
i've been learning delphi/java/c,c++ in the same time, AND i have other things to do in school too and of course i love watching anime series so... time is limited :P
Okey here's one of my work(as a school homework ofc...) http://devast.tvn.hu/source.rar but you need id3v2 lib to compile it http://devast.tvn.hu/id3v2.dcu. Not many cosmetics but it works :D anyway i think delphi is good for smaller projects, java is a pain in the ass, and C is good for bigger projects. Comments in hungarian language, so don't bother with it you won't understand :thanks: :D

LAIN
10th December 2005, 03:12
I'v just finished some test with the output in MP4, i'v resolv few bugs... i currently working on subs... i dont think it will take long to make this.

tested with : xvid + mp3 / x264 + he-aac <-- work fine :D

LAIN

Sirber
10th December 2005, 06:30
Good work! :D

I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

anne_so78
10th December 2005, 13:06
Hi, Firstly I'd like to comment about how wonderful your program RealAnime is. It was just what I was looking for i.e > a program that allows batch transcoding of similar avi's into smaller files using efficient state-of-the-art codecs, while remaining user-friendly. I am currently trying out Light Edition Beta 2. I did come across a few surprises, namely:

1) Enabling parametric stereo seemed to introduce an audio delay of about +100 ms.
2) "Downmix to mono" doesn't seem to be working as it still outputs stereo files.
3) Audio streams are much louder than those produced using RealAnime version 3.2

Are the above peculiarities bugs, or am I not doing something right ? I think I did see warning messages in the status bar during the end of some encodes, but it disappeared quickly so it was hard to tell what it was, whats up with that ? Also, I'd like to know what the "low-bitrate matrix" and "filtering levels" (-1, 0, 1, 2 etc) do, and what are the differences between different resize methods (most importantly: what's the difference between lanczos3 and lanczos4). Perhaps there is an online documentation to answer queries as such ...? Thanks

Sirber
10th December 2005, 16:14
Hi, Firstly I'd like to comment about how wonderful your program RealAnime is. It was just what I was looking for i.e > a program that allows batch transcoding of similar avi's into smaller files using efficient state-of-the-art codecs, while remaining user-friendly.Thanks!
1) Enabling parametric stereo seemed to introduce an audio delay of about +100 ms.Do you use ffdshow audio with libfaad2?
2) "Downmix to mono" doesn't seem to be working as it still outputs stereo files.It has been removed in beta 2 IIRC. No more mono :)
3) Audio streams are much louder than those produced using RealAnime version 3.2RealAnime LE normalize the audio track to it's maximum volume.
Also, I'd like to know what the "low-bitrate matrix"Supposed to give less blocking when you use insanely low bitrate, not usefull at 368kbps.
"filtering levels" (-1, 0, 1, 2 etc) do0 = default. The mroe you go high (+1, +2), the more the inloop filter will be strong (bluring) and it will be more sensitive to blocks, while if you go lower (-1, -2) it will blur less and be less sensitive to blocking. In my tests +1 gives good results on anime content.
what are the differences between different resize methods (most importantly: what's the difference between lanczos3 and lanczos4).http://www.avisynth.org/Resize

Ask if you have more questions :D

Sirber
12th December 2005, 13:52
Some FPS bench on my 3000+, anime content, 640x480:

x264 @ fast first pass: ~30FPS
x264 @ low: ~16FPS
x264 @ medium: ~8FPS
x264 @ high: ~3FPS

anne_so78
13th December 2005, 20:59
I'm using ffdshow-20051129.exe with libfaad2 aac decoding, and Media Player Classic 6.4.8.7 . I've uploaded three samples (14 second clips of the TV show "Friends", download it from here - Samples.zip (ftp://site9887.0catch.com:password@0catch.com/Samples.zip)) to demonstrate the audio delay problem:

Source.avi - The source video file. This file has no serious problems.

Parametric Stereo Disabled.mkv - [ High quality 3-pass encoding, no filtering whatsoever, 32 kbps audio with parametric stereo turned OFF] On this sample, audio delay is present but hardly noticeable.

Parametric Stereo Enabled.mkv - [ High quality 3-pass encoding, no filtering whatsoever, 32 kbps audio with parametric stereo turned ON] On this sample, audio delay is noticeable. I'm guessing around +100 ms. Also, towards the end of the file there is frame-skipping (around 12 seconds into the file) as Lisa Kudrow asks "What?". This frame-skipping is not present in either of the other two samples.

I've noticed RealAnime decodes video using directshow decoders. I was surprised to see the DivX logo watermark (along with the DivX directshow decoder's noise/film-effect) encoded into my x264 video files (this was an unusual scenario when ffdshow was temporarily uninstalled). I guess one has to be careful... As ffdshow does all my mpeg4 decoding now, I'm curious about the effect its post-processing has on RealAnime encoded files. There is no doubt that post-processing (ffdshow's de-ring, accurate de-block) produces visually-pleasing (and thus better) results for viewing on a computer monitor. However, is it better to turn post-processing ON or OFF while decoding (and then encoding) files in RealAnime?

How do I add a video filtering parameter that is the equivalent of "Bicubic Resize A=0.60" (as in VirtualDub)? On a sidenote, I've noticed RealAnime's BicubicResize produces better results than Lanczos (and possibly every other resize method) when downsizing to small resolutions (320x240) ...

Sirber
13th December 2005, 22:15
RealAnime LE beta 2 doesn't let you choose PS or not. Please update to latest version.

RealAnime uses dshow decoders (recommended ffdshow), and it's recommended that you turn off all filters prior encoding. Best not use DIVX decoder.

About the delays, I will need your clips.

anne_so78
14th December 2005, 09:33
RealAnime LE beta 2 doesn't let you choose PS or not. Please update to latest version.
Well, this sure looks like Beta 2 -
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4856/realanimeleb28lg.png
I downloaded this version from http://www.detritus.qc.ca/. Perhaps it should be mentioned that I do not use any matroska splitters when viewing *.mkv files in media player classic (do I need to?) ...

Sirber
14th December 2005, 13:14
Do you use Haali splitter?

Kayser
14th December 2005, 14:11
Concerning the audio lag anne_so78 mentioned, it is the same issue I explained a while back. I didn't know that turning off PS helped though. I just tried it and it's true, you can still notice it's out of synch but not as much as with PS enabled.
I have ffdshow 12.08.05 (but it's the same with the RALE bundled version or whichever version I use) and decode aac with faad2 as well and use lastest haali splitter. I thought it was only me ^^;;
Oh, I tried the samples anne_so78 uploaded and they played back perfectly fine making in my pc it rather confusing :P. Is there anything else that must be configured in ffdshow or whatever to play all the encodes fine?

Sirber
14th December 2005, 14:49
maybe I should tell MKV the AAC uses PS, currently I don't. If you encode your source via BeLight (located in Tools), do you have a lag too?

Kayser
14th December 2005, 18:34
I encoded a file (with perfectly fine original audio but laggy encoded one) with BeLight using PS and then merged it with mkvmerge gui telling mkvmerge the source has AAC+ and the lag is still there.

Sirber
14th December 2005, 18:41
BeLight made "the encode laggy" too?

Final version of LE will use Nero HE-AAC v2 codecs instead of winamp. Better quality at 32kbps. Maybe it will "make the problem go away" :D

Kayser
14th December 2005, 18:43
yes Sirber

Edit: Just read the Nero AAC notice, I hope it runs smothly again... I would have to check but I think I had no problem (with audio :P) running alpha 1 with Nero encoder.

Sharktooth
14th December 2005, 18:44
The Winamp 5.12 encoder has been improved too.

Sirber
14th December 2005, 18:46
then, which one Shark? :)

Sharktooth
14th December 2005, 20:23
Dunno, havent done any serious listening test yet

Sirber
14th December 2005, 20:55
Let's get serious then :sly: ;)

devast
15th December 2005, 17:21
I'm here again :)
So, the version i built from svn repository there's vorbis audio too. I just wanna ask 64kbit vorbis is good enough ? I've never bothered with audio stuff, i really don't know the quality between this new codecs... i used to have 128kbit or 192kbit mp3, that's good enough, but i'm totally lost in this new AAC, vorbis etc thingies...

Sirber
15th December 2005, 18:59
Hi devast

A small and controversial comparison would be...

MP3 128kbps = Vorbis 64kbps = 48kbps AAC+ v2 PS

I personally use 32kbps AAC+ v2 with PS which produce a good audio quality.

@Kayser

What is the delay in ms? I might hardcode a tweak.

Kostarum Rex Persia
15th December 2005, 19:24
Sirber, what's your plan for Beta 3, any new option or fix?

Kayser
15th December 2005, 19:26
Mmmmm... hard to tell exactly... It varies from source to source but for me it's usually between 100ms and 1000ms, sometimes it's not even noticeable.

Sirber
15th December 2005, 19:32
damn... variable... :(

What should I do? :confused:

Sirber
15th December 2005, 19:55
Sirber, what's your plan for Beta 3, any new option or fix?
No beta 3. Move along. ;)

Next release is bugfix over beta 2 and more codecs, named "RealAnime PowerPack", XviD, RV10, Vorbis, MP3. We are also working on MP4 output.

Kayser
15th December 2005, 19:57
I have Nero 7, does it contain the AAC v2 codec you were talking about earlier? If so I can try encoding with that and muxing again to see if the lag is still there or if it was winamp encoder

Sirber
15th December 2005, 20:00
Yes it does. Those delay issues are evil :devil:

Kayser
15th December 2005, 20:04
Then I'll try it tomorrow and tell you the results Sirber.

Sirber
16th December 2005, 01:01
Nice... :D

I might get an iPod Video 30GB in 3 weeks. Guess what it means... :D

Sirber
16th December 2005, 04:01
I updated Winamp PS-AAC with the latest in 5.12

anne_so78
17th December 2005, 20:13
Let's get serious then :sly: ;)

So, I finally decided to compare the two new MPEG4 Audio codecs from Ahead and Coding Technologies side by side. It was easy to pick a winner as it wasn’t a close fought battle at all. I’ve uploaded the samples I used, so anyone can come to the same conclusions as I have. To decode the files you may use Winamp 5.12 (and maybe an AC3 ACM codec also to decode the source file), or the combination of Media Player Classic + a recent version of ffdshow. If you’re using the latter, you might want to deselect the “AAC transform filter” in Media Player Classic (Options>Filters>Transform Filters>AAC) to ensure ffdshow decodes the audio.

The Contestants: The HE-AAC v2 encoder included with Ahead’s Nero v7.0.1.4, versus Coding Technologies’ AACPlus v2 encoder included in Winamp v5.12.
The Source: A 2-minute audio clip (from the TV show “Friends”) ripped from a DVD source(192kbit stereo, 48khz, AC3 encoded). This clip contains dialogue from the cast, ambience, and laughter from an audience. Also, towards the end the clip contains a theme-song.

Impressions: For this test I decided to encode only at a bitrate of 32kbit, which happens to be the default bitrate in RealAnime. The source having been a wave file, wasn’t an easy encode in Winamp as I had to first burn the track as a standard audio-cd and then rip it within Winamp into AACPlus v2 (the transcoder plugin had some compatibility issues with the latest version of Winamp and/or the input file). This of course meant the source was converted to 44.1 khz. Encoding in Nero was a breeze thanks to the utility within Nero Burning ROM named “Encode Files”. As I listened to the two tracks produced by the two encoders, it became immediately clear how inferior the track produced by Nero’s encoder was in comparison to the file encoded by Winamp. The Nero encoded file sounded very flawed in the one aspect of audio tracks where listeners pay most attention to: THE DIALOGUE. The voices were unsteady and seemed to warble. The cast of “Friends” seemed to be talking under water. Realizing that Nero hadn’t gotten the same source (namely, a 44.1khz file) as the Winamp encoder and wanting to level the playing-field, I ripped the CD I had used in Winamp earlier, to a wave file on my computer. Having used this as the new source in Nero, I encoded the file once again into the same parameters and gave it a listen. The warbling artifact in the dialogue had definitely lessened but was still there. This artifact was not present in the Winamp encoded file. In fact, the Winamp encoded file had no serious flaws (for a 32kbit MPEG4 audio file) and was very pleasant to listen to. I must mention though, this fault had disappeared once the “TAPE::LOWEST” variable bitrate encoding method was enabled, but I decided not to include it in this test because the files had reached an average bitrate of 42kbit and thus was way over-sized. The Nero encoder wasn’t without its advantages however; Music (pop, rock) encoded in Nero at this bitrate (32kbit) from audio-cds, contained more dynamics, especially a more deeper and fuller bass. But even here, the warbling effect was apparent on vocals. Perhaps the Nero encoder excels at higher bitrates, but this I haven’t tested. If I were to quantify the quality perceived from the two encoders during this test (1 being lowest, 5 being highest) it would be:

Coding Technologies’ AACPlus v2 encoder found in Winamp v5.12 (from a 44.1khz audio-cd source): 5/5
Ahead’s HE-AAC v2 encoder found in Nero v7.0.1.4 (from a 44.1khz audio-cd source): 4/5
Ahead’s HE-AAC v2 encoder found in Nero v7.0.1.4 (from a 48khz wave-file source): 2/5 (yes, it was that bad)

Download source wave-file > Source.wav (ftp://site9887.0catch.com:password@0catch.com/MPEG4 HE-AAC v2 Codec Tests/Source.wav)
Download encoded samples > Samples.zip (ftp://site9887.0catch.com:password@0catch.com/MPEG4 HE-AAC v2 Codec Tests/MPEG4 HE-AAC v2 Encoded Samples.zip)

To summarize: For cartoon/anime/tv-show/movie encoding @32kbit stereo, Coding Technologies’ AACPlus v2 encoder is the clear choice. Give the samples above a listen, and feel free to disagree…

Sharktooth
17th December 2005, 20:34
sample link is broken

anne_so78
17th December 2005, 20:39
retry

Sharktooth
17th December 2005, 20:41
ok, it works now:)

Sirber
17th December 2005, 20:42
Cool! Thanks for your efforts! :D

I'm gonna use Winamp 5.12 encoder then :)

Eretria-chan
17th December 2005, 20:52
It's cool that you find new ways to improve both video quality & audio quality in your program, Sirber, some thanks to the discoveries to others. It's almost as if you don't want to use it, because new discoveries come all the time and makes things even better. I've lots and lots of anime to encode (dare I say 100 gb?), so it's VERY interesting to see how much it will shrink after the compression (they're all original files--not re-encoded). The better the program, the lower the filesize :D

Sirber
17th December 2005, 23:13
Thanks! :D

Next thing to see is if 2 pass high is better than 3 pass medium, and if I can reduice the vidweo bitrate by 50kbps whitout hurting the quality too much...

slavickas
17th December 2005, 23:52
Download encoded samples > Samples.zip (ftp://site9887.0catch.com:password@0catch.com/MPEG4 HE-AAC v2 Codec Tests/MPEG4 HE-AAC v2 Encoded Samples.zip)

To summarize: For cartoon/anime/tv-show/movie encoding @32kbit stereo, Coding Technologies’ AACPlus encoder is the clear choice. Give the samples above a listen, and feel free to disagree…
Isn't Nero's sample regular stereo while Winamp's PS?

Sirber
18th December 2005, 01:36
nero 7 heaac is supposed to automaticly use PS.

anne_so78
18th December 2005, 14:36
Isn't Nero's sample regular stereo while Winamp's PS?
After listening to Nero's sample one might doubt that the encoder uses parametric stereo, but it actually does. Here's proof for the skeptic:
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/392/foobarsnap6bw.png

Sirber, regarding the frame-skipping in parametric stereo encoded video files I had mentioned earlier > The problem seems to be a MediaPlayerClassic issue. After installing the Matroska Pack (along with the bundled Haali media splitter) and disabling MediaPlayerClassic's own Matroska filter (Options>Filters>Source Filters>Matroska), the file played smoothly :) ... Now, if only those darned delays would go away ...

slavickas
18th December 2005, 14:46
hmm weird, maybe foobar's version is tool old that I have. I use winamp usually, but if i'm not mistaken Nero always writes ADTS AAC files as stereo even whe they when they are PS...

Sirber
20th December 2005, 01:07
Things left to do:
1) Audio lag from MP4 (~500ms to 1000ms)
2) Tell mkv that AAC is SBR
3) Possibility to skip audio encoding and keep it the way it is

anne_so78
20th December 2005, 11:39
RealAnime LE b2 doesn't support 48khz sources right? Coz everytime I try to encode video's containing 48khz audio I get "Unsupported Source" errors... I'm guessing this has something to do with CT's encoder limitations. Considering that a lot of videos contain audio with that samplerate, perhaps it would be desirable to have a resampler (48khz-44.1khz) within RealAnime to accomodate those kind of files ...

Sirber
20th December 2005, 13:11
"Unsupported Source" comes if your AVI doesn't contain MP3 or WAV, or if the file extention is unknown. Please post the stuff you get when you ask the "Info" popup.

anne_so78
20th December 2005, 19:17
yeah, you're right, RealAnime LE b2 DOES support 48khz wavs and mp3s. The sample that gave the "Unsupported Source" error had AC3 encoded audio. So I converted it to plain wave and then tried encoding in RealAnime, and then it worked fine. I did notice however, that the aac+v2 encoded stream was 44.1khz and not 48khz. Just curious > which program automagically resampled to 44.1, was it RealAnime or the CT encoder?, and why was this done? Hey, I just tried encoding some videos in MediaCoder with AAC+ v2 and guess what? That lag is omnipresent :eek: ...

Sirber
20th December 2005, 20:55
I ask besweet to sample at 44.1khz for AAC+ v2, in case the source is bellow it.

JohnV
20th December 2005, 23:22
anne_so78 : Thanks for the test. These are always welcome.
We are atm. in process of changing our audio encoder codebase totally to new one, completely new, written from scratch. It provides superior quality to the old one.
So few points
- Nero v7.0.1.4 still has the old codebase (although it has been updated also).
- I'm not just hyping. The new encoder codebase is currently being tested at HA in the on going 128kbps AAC-LC public listening test (resullt come after christmas). But it's not yet available in Nero builds. (You can test 128kbps mode though if you download the .dll from HA)
- The new codebase is a big improvement in our internal tests, and all modes based on the new codebase should be out hopefully in about 3 months.
- You will see/hear when this happens because we will make an announcement. Then it's good time to test again. :)

anne_so78
20th December 2005, 23:47
thats good to know :D , can't wait ...

Sharktooth
21st December 2005, 03:57
good news:)

Sirber
22nd December 2005, 01:09
I'm adding WMA8 (5-64kbps) for pocket pc encodes.

Sirber
22nd December 2005, 01:57
can't merge WMA in MKV nor OGM.
can't merge WMA with RIFF headers (WAV) into MKV
WMA with RIFF headers merge in OGM but doesn't playback.

I think I'm gonna revert my changes...

Sirber
25th December 2005, 21:01
New:
* PowerPack! (codec extension)
* XviD (powerpack)
* RV10 (powerpack)
* Vorbis (powerpack)
* AAC (powerpack)
* MP3 (powerpack)
* MP4 output (powerpack)
* x264 Constant Quality mode
* GUI now on top
* Number of bframes in advanced tab (not saved yet in XML)
* RV10 dropdupe (powerpack)

Updated / Fixed:
* Strange audio delay in MP4 input (and MKV)
* MKV and MP4 input
* x264 rev 388
* winamp AAC+ v2 5.12
* MkvToolNix 1.6.5
* other minor bugs...

ToDo:
* Skip audio encoding
* Subtitles from MP4

Help us with further development of RealAnime!
http://www.detritus.qc.ca/images/donate.png (https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=sirber@gmail.com&no_shipping=1&item_name=RealAnime%20LE)

anne_so78
26th December 2005, 00:10
cool, lots of great features; have you fixed the delay problem?

Sirber
26th December 2005, 02:22
The delay with PS is random, I cannot apply a general fix. If it's too bothersome you can use "Matroska GUI" and change the delay, or use a delay while encoding.

Sirber
27th December 2005, 23:00
MKV as Input is borked in RC1. I forgot a message box :(

Sirber
28th December 2005, 00:24
If you have to use MKV as input, get this update:

http://www.mytempdir.com/346392

Sirber
28th December 2005, 22:06
I'm adding snow to LE PowerPack. So far the quality presets are:

0: sCmd := sCmd + '-lavcopts vcodec=snow:vbitrate=' + setting.video_bitrate + ':v' + sPass + 'vstrict=-2:pred=0:last_pred=3:mbd=0:mbcmp=1 ';
1: sCmd := sCmd + '-lavcopts vcodec=snow:vbitrate=' + setting.video_bitrate + ':v' + sPass + 'vstrict=-2:pred=1:last_pred=3:qpel:mbd=0:mbcmp=1 ';
2: sCmd := sCmd + '-lavcopts vcodec=snow:vbitrate=' + setting.video_bitrate + ':v' + sPass + 'vstrict=-2:pred=1:last_pred=3:qpel:mbd=1 ';
Any suggestion are welcome :)

Yod4z
29th December 2005, 14:03
i have created an D2V file with DVD2AVI but in RealAnimeLe it said the is not supported?? what can i do to creat an valide D2V file from an VOB file?

Sirber
29th December 2005, 15:39
Hi

You have to create your D2V using "DGIndex" in the tool tab. DVD2AVI is outdated. More infos here (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=87809).

[edit]

Also, there's a bug with D2V input :) I'm making a new EXE. D2V input has been untested so far since I don't DVDrip with LE. Please tell us in case of problem.

Update: http://www.mytempdir.com/349714

Yod4z
29th December 2005, 19:39
Now with the new EXE the D2V file created with DVd2Avi or DGindex in Realanime just say "Encoder error #-1 (x264)
Thanks Sirber for your work ;)

Sirber
29th December 2005, 21:20
Go in "C:\Program Files\RealAnime LE\temp", find the .AVS and playback it using a DirectShow player (MPC, WMP, etc). What does it say?

Yod4z
29th December 2005, 23:25
Direct show source: could not open as video or audio
Video returned: "DirectShowSource: couldn't open file: object not found"
Audio returned: "DirectShowSource: couldn't open file: object not found"
(c:\RealAnimeLe\temp\0.avs, line 22)

In the line 22 i have this:
DirectShowSource("")

NiceFPS()
ConvertToYV12()

Yod4z
30th December 2005, 12:44
i have some other probleme with realanime LE when i intend to open a file compressed with Realanime Le in virtueldubmod it said that :

[!] MKV: A frame of stream 2 (at 40 ms) had only a forward reference (maybe
broken file).

[!] MKV: A frame of stream 2 (at 200 ms) had only a forward reference (maybe
broken file).

[!] MKV: A frame of stream 2 (at 160 ms) had only a forward reference (maybe
broken file).

[!] MKV: A frame of stream 2 (at 480 ms) had only a forward reference (maybe
broken file).

[!] MKV: A frame of stream 2 (at 3899120 ms) had only a forward reference
(maybe broken file).

[!] MKV: Video frames seems to be weirdly ordered.

[!] Couldn't locate decompressor for format '˙˙˙˙' (unknown).
VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to
decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media
Player, are not suitable. Only 'Direct stream copy' is available for this
video.

i have installed the last Halli Matroska splitter and ffdshow build of 29/11/2005. I can read this file on MPC and Bsplayer but i want to cut some part of the movie with VDub. I have try to install the last x264 build and the last VdubMod 1.5.10.2

Sirber
30th December 2005, 16:06
About D2V I'm currently looking why the source is empty.

RealAnime LE makes complient AVC stream, not VFW streams, so VFW applications don't understand it much. The only way to make the output "editable" is to encode via VDubMod directly.

Sirber
30th December 2005, 16:12
Direct show source: could not open as video or audio
Video returned: "DirectShowSource: couldn't open file: object not found"
Audio returned: "DirectShowSource: couldn't open file: object not found"
(c:\RealAnimeLe\temp\0.avs, line 22)

In the line 22 i have this:
DirectShowSource("")

NiceFPS()
ConvertToYV12()I found the problem. Here's a new build:
http://www.mytempdir.com/352236

Yod4z
30th December 2005, 23:04
i have some probleme if i use mkvmerge gui 1.6.5, if i split one part of the video the first part of video have sound but the other have juste 2sec of sound and then mute.

Sirber
31st December 2005, 01:39
:confused:

Sorry I cannot help on that issue :(

Sirber
1st January 2006, 22:46
This project gets renamed to "RealAnime 4".

Sirber
2nd January 2006, 05:59
Some updates:

* RC2 is coming
* New website (more user friendly, access to older RealAnime)
* Added Low Complexity AVC Profils (Helpful for Pocket PC encoding)
* Added "Skip audio encoding"
* x264 --bime

ToDo:
* Subs from MP4

Yod4z
2nd January 2006, 13:23
RealAnime LE makes complient AVC stream, not VFW streams, so VFW applications don't understand it much. The only way to make the output "editable" is to encode via VDubMod directly.
what the utility of compilent, there's no hardware that support AVC actually.
Can you make an option to define if the user want compilent or no?

bond
2nd January 2006, 14:04
placing avc into mkv via vfw is not recommended so dont use it

Tommy Carrot
2nd January 2006, 15:49
placing avc into mkv via vfw is not recommended
Why not? I mean, MKV will never have hardware support (and possibly the same with MP4), so it doesn't really matter, and the compliant way is just limiting and giving extra nuisance to the user. What's the advantage of the native AVC mode, other than you like it better?

bond
2nd January 2006, 15:52
:search:

Tommy Carrot
2nd January 2006, 16:25
:search:The b-frame handling in vfw is not perfect, if that's what you think about, but it's really a non-issue, it might be hackish but perfectly usable, so this is not a strong enough reason to use native mode, which practically locks your video and makes editing and additional processing unnecessarily complicated. This might not be an issue for those who uses x264 solely for dvd-rips, but i use it mostly for tv-caps and for my DV videos, and it is a big problem there.

Sirber
2nd January 2006, 16:53
VFW don't like much foward references too...

Also, if I want to produce a VFW compatible output with x264 CLI, I have to produce a RAW stream then merge it in AVI and specify by hand the FPS, which can have been changed via Filtering. Also, going via AVI makes more temp files, takes longer, etc etc.

Best be standard :sly:

Sirber
3rd January 2006, 05:38
Due to general request I added back RMVB container. More infos here (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=760948#post760948).

devast
3rd January 2006, 09:00
* Added "Skip audio encoding"
Cool thanks :)

XH42
3rd January 2006, 14:38
Anyone Have These Problems? (Sorry if these have been mentioned).

1.http://www.picturezero.com/images/XH42/rasettings.jpg
Sorry about the tag it read "Encoder Error #84 (besweet)". This happened when I tried to encode a file s stated:
Video: XVID 512x384 29.97fps 1014Kbps [Video 0]
Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 48000Hz stereo 134Kbps [Audio 1]

2. http://www.picturezero.com/images/XH42/propertysuzuka.jpg
http://www.picturezero.com/images/XH42/mkv.jpg
http://www.picturezero.com/images/XH42/vlc.jpg
Note: The audio stream shown in those 3 images were exactly the same.When I encode the avi using the aac+v2 audio+h264 in MKV container, but the MPC player, the MKVInfothe VLC player identifies the audio stream as 22050HZ, Mono output. But when I extract the aac file out and played it in Foobar 2000:
http://www.picturezero.com/images/XH42/foobar.jpg

Any Ideas for those 2 questions? (again, I apologize deeply)

Sirber
3rd January 2006, 15:56
1) Maybe AAC is broken. I will make more tests. Should be fixed for RC2.

2) AAC+ is encoded as 22.5kHz mono but decoded as 44.1kHz stereo. more infos here (http://www.codingtechnologies.com/products/paraSter.htm) and here (http://www.codingtechnologies.com/products/sbr.htm).

Sirber
3rd January 2006, 16:19
1) fixed. I had bad dlls in powerpack for AAC. works now.

I will hardcode a 100ms delay for AAC+ v2. Some people can't live without it ;)

Anyone Have These Problems? (Sorry if these have been mentioned).No need to be sorry :)

spinstate
3rd January 2006, 22:36
I will hardcode a 100ms delay for AAC+ v2. Some people can't live without it
Why not make it an option? the problem seems to be occuring for only some types of sources...

Also just wondering why not make an option for trellis, i'm using REAL_beta2 and trellis seems to be disabled even for the "High" setting..

Sirber
3rd January 2006, 22:45
Why not make it an option? the problem seems to be occuring for only some types of sources...You can always set a delay in the "Advanced" tab. I will forget about it then.
Also just wondering why not make an option for trellis, i'm using REAL_beta2 and trellis seems to be disabled even for the "High" setting..High only use "B RDO". I might add the options in Adv., but not sure I have enough space...

RC2 will be released tonight. All coding is done.

Sirber
4th January 2006, 00:38
Added:
* Low Complexity mode (x264, usefull for playback on Pocket PC or cellphone)
* Trellis (x264, in advanced tab)
* Sub from MP4
* RMVB output (powerpack)
* Helix AAC+ (powerpack)
* x264 --bime
* YAMB
* Rename4U
* Filtering Preview (powerpack)
* Snow (powerpack)
* Add button in the file list menu

Updated:
* x264 rev 394
* mencoder (2006/01/01) P3
* Zones reduced to 3 spots

Fixed:
* AAC
* Temp file delete
* D2V input
* Audio sinc issues from MKV or MP4 sources

Not fixed:
* Audio delay when using AAC+ v2, can be manually corrected in advanced tab.

ToDo:
* Guide
* Correct reported bugs :p

Please download again the PowerPack. New stuff has been added.

This is the last beta release. Next one is the final one and will include a guide. Please don't be shy and post comments, bugs, features you'd like to have, etc.

XH42
4th January 2006, 07:34
WooHoo! Thank you Sirber. :)

Just a recommandation, in futrue releases (if any)do you think you could add a option that invloves some specific settings for the 2 pass for the video. For example: be able to choose to do only the first pass of the 2 passes. Or a second pass only option if the user locates the pass Log file from the first pass.

Cheers

Sirber
4th January 2006, 13:17
Would that be against "batch encoding"? Not sure "most people" would use that. First pass is pretty fast, so I don't think it would be usefull.

Sirber
4th January 2006, 13:52
I get a "Error #-1 (x264)" when encoding from MP4. Investigating...

[edit]

Found and fixed. MP4 in DirectShow needs a FPS.

If you have that bug please ask here and I will put a build online.

spinstate
4th January 2006, 14:56
Hmm..one feature I can think of is mouseover toolstips for the different options(or otherwise a help file), might be helpfull for newcomers unfamiliar with the different settings :)

also what's the difference between AAC+ & AAC+ v2?

Thanks.

Sirber
4th January 2006, 16:04
A guide will be shipped and avalible online with the final release. The GUI will also be updated with hints and more setting validation.

AAC+ v2 = Winamp 5.12 HE-AAC v2 w/ Parametric Stereo (MKV, MP4)
AAC+ = Helix HE-AAC (MKV, RMVB)

aac+ v2 has more quality but may add a 100ms delay.

XH42
4th January 2006, 17:15
Hm... I've got another error with the besweet program again trying to encode a 320kbps CBR 48KHz mp3 to aac+ using the RMVB container.

"Encoder error #-1073741819 (BeSweet)"

Sirber
4th January 2006, 17:18
Seems besweet failed to decompress your MP3 to WAV
or Producer crashed encoding a WAV...

Can I have your source?

Sirber
5th January 2006, 00:07
General
Count : 169
Count of text stream : 0
Complete name : D:\Upload\....mp4
Folder name : D:\Upload
File name : ....mp4
File extension : mp4
File size : 242888142
File size : 232 MiB
File size : 231.6 MiB
Format : MPEG4
Format : MPEG 4
Format/Extensions : MP4 M4V M4A
Overal BitRate : 1400971
Overal BitRate : 1401 KBps
PlayTime : 1386970
PlayTime : 23mn 6s
PlayTime : 23mn 6s 970ms
PlayTime : 00:23:06.970
Codecs Video : Unknown(0)
Audio codecs : AAC LC

Video #0
ID : 1
Codec : Unknown(0)
Codec : Unknown(0)
Bit rate : 0
Width : 0
Height : 0
Frame rate : 23.976
FrameCount : 33287
PlayTime : 1386970
PlayTime : 23mn 6s 970ms
PlayTime : 00:23:06.970

Audio #0
ID : 2
Codec : MPEG-4 AAC LC
Codec : AAC LC
Bit rate : 127952
Bit rate : 128 KBps
PlayTime : 1386965
PlayTime : 23mn 6s 965ms
PlayTime : 00:23:06.965
BeSweet Access Violation :(

XH42
5th January 2006, 01:01
http://www.picturezero.com/images/XH42/vlcstats.png

Note : The video codec was encoded in Divx 6

Is this what you mean by "source"?

Sirber
5th January 2006, 01:13
The file. I'd need it to test :)

Sirber
5th January 2006, 02:09
Update:
* Fix AAC handling as input
* Fix MP4 as input

http://www.mytempdir.com/363572

XH42
5th January 2006, 03:59
Hm.. funny, after I restarted my computer and cut a scene with Nandub, it appears to encode that piece fine in RMVB format, stupid Besweet :p

Another question, in some of my encoded movies there were times where slim Horizontal lines appears during movements in the video (I'm a noob for those kind of things), is there any way to reduce that by using the filters (Noise Reduction, Deinterlace ect.)?

cheers

Sirber
5th January 2006, 04:09
This is interlacement (http://encyclopedia.tfd.com/interlaced) or telecine (http://encyclopedia.tfd.com/telecined).

What's the file FPS (http://encyclopedia.tfd.com/Frame+per+second)?

XH42
5th January 2006, 04:27
23.976fps

Sirber
5th January 2006, 04:46
Your source has been badly processed. You can't do much whitout compromizing the quality :(

XH42
5th January 2006, 04:48
So there's nothing I could do heh? Oh well. Thanks anyway.

ggab
6th January 2006, 07:08
thanks for the 4.0 version ;)

wishlist:

- mpeg 1 video input support
- Log to a Text file: x264 and/or Besweet activities (mostly RA error messages)

Yod4z
6th January 2006, 10:56
my wishlist for this great app is an option to shutdown the computer when done or when a definited time

Sirber
6th January 2006, 13:31
@ggab

1) Someone tryed to add it, but I got no news. I will have to do some research about how to add it.

2) Not all encoders create logfiles, besweet do and producer, but not x264 IIRC.

@Yod4z

Easy to add. Want me to launch a defrag before shutdown? ;)

Yod4z
6th January 2006, 15:43
yes easy but mutch better easy with option ;)

I have some probleme with the last realanime power pack after doing the transcoding audio i get #-1 X264 but with the realanime LE RC1 i get no message. The video source has been compresse with 2 pass XVID 1.1.
Can i activate some log file to see what is the probleme? I can upload the video if you want to see want is the probleme ;)

Sirber
6th January 2006, 18:12
Can you post the "Info" of your source? Saying it's xvid doesn't tell me much ;)

spinstate
6th January 2006, 21:02
Turning on "connect only to compatible filters" in Output options of ffdshow also can cause "#-1 x264 encoder error" because then avisynth is not able to build a filter graph, though I don't know if that's the problem in this case.

BoostAddict
7th January 2006, 00:23
I'm having a strange problem when trying to encode the last episode of Comic Party Revolution to rmvb

it stretches the 25 minute episode to a span of 1 hour 55 minutes

i've viewed the film and it just slows down significantly at the end.

I'm uploading the original file at the moment and I'll get you the link when it's finished

Here's the source file
http://boostaddicts.com/Comic_Party_Revolution_13_[yu][WMV9-B9EAFCE7].mkv

Sirber
7th January 2006, 01:24
I'm getting it. Does it have external subs?

BoostAddict
7th January 2006, 01:42
if you mean softsubs, then yea

weird thing is, the other episodes encoded fine, just except that particular one

Sirber
7th January 2006, 02:13
I will try to encode it. If the time goes far far could be corrupted softsubs.

Sirber
7th January 2006, 02:47
@BoostAddict

Seems your source doesn't have a FPS in it's header (MediaInfo), so realanime puts 23.976. Your source is 120FPS so it's basicly 6 times longer. We'll try to fix that...

BoostAddict
7th January 2006, 02:58
thanks sirber

sorry for putting more work for you
is there anything i can do on my end so that it will encode right?
or is it only something you can do

Sirber
7th January 2006, 03:00
Bug forwarded to MediaInfo dev: http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=763586&postcount=71

Well... no. sorry :(

We'll have to wait for a new version of MediaInfo. We have the same problem here with other animes. Keep it on ice and I will PM you when we have it working.

I'm very sorry for the inconvinience :(

I will harakiri to keep my honor ;)

Sirber
7th January 2006, 04:00
@Yod4z

Added 3 things:
1) Do nothing (lol)
2) Close RealAnime
3) Shutdown PC

I almost added reboot PC but it make no sense... :D

@BoostAddict

I think to fix the FPS problem we'll need some Assembly coding to manage by hand the MKV. Will be hard... :(

BoostAddict
7th January 2006, 04:17
is it a mkv problem?

cant i use mkv extract to extract video and audio from the mkv
encode video with realanime and encode audio with belight

then use matroska GUI you have enclosed with realanime to put it back into a mkv?

Sirber
7th January 2006, 04:24
is it a mkv problem?

cant i use mkv extract to extract video and audio from the mkv
encode video with realanime and encode audio with belight

then use matroska GUI you have enclosed with realanime to put it back into a mkv?In fact those tools are just bitmaps to look cool... :(

LAIN
7th January 2006, 04:27
@BoostAddict

I'v made a fix for fps, it's a minor work around of few lines (4~5) that sirber wasn't able to do!!! :D

hope that will work!!!

patch : http://www.mytempdir.com/367914

Fixed :
*FPS detection from MKV

Add :
* Shutdown after encode

[Edit] - Sirber has been lazy lately, i think that he should be kicked from development team!!! :D

LAIN

Sirber
7th January 2006, 04:32
Sirber has been lazy lately, i think that he should be kicked from development team!!! :DThere's no I in team, but there's an I in pie. Anyway...

BoostAddict
7th January 2006, 04:46
@BoostAddict

I'v made a fix for fps, it's a minor work around of few lines (4~5) that sirber wasn't able to do!!! :D

hope that will work!!!

patch : http://www.mytempdir.com/367914

Fixed :
*FPS detection from MKV

Add :
* Shutdown after encode

[Edit] - Sirber has been lazy lately, i think that he should be kicked from development team!!! :D

LAIN

sorry but unfortunately i get about 5 errors then it goes back to idle
doesnt work at all

:(

Sirber
7th January 2006, 04:54
That's not cool. Our test worked...

Which error exactly appeired?

LAIN
7th January 2006, 04:58
sorry but unfortunately i get about 5 errors then it goes back to idle
doesnt work at all

:(

I' currently triying to encode your file and i have no problem, it may take few hours (slow pc :( )

I'll tell you tomorrow if it is ok or not.

LAIN

BoostAddict
7th January 2006, 05:37
really? i dont know what errors exactly
it just said in the status bar Errors: 5, then it turned to idle
is there a log file that shows up somewhere i dont know about?

I'll try it again after im done encoding this other file

BoostAddict
7th January 2006, 06:53
Okay just tried it again

for settings
RV10
LOW
1 Pass VBR
368 kbps

im unable to read the message because it goes too fast, but it was initialize failure
Error: 5
then goes back to idle

although when i change the settings to x264 instead
it starts encoding but it takes 12 HOURS! and it says xx/16000

LAIN
7th January 2006, 07:10
I'v try your setting and the file is encoding, but i'v notice that in the 0.avs file (in realanime4\temp) that the file that was encoded was the audio is encoded without error. For the video (1.avs) the fps and everything seem ok, even MPC open the 1.avs file without any problems.

i'll talk with sirber tomorrow morning about this problem.

for the logs, it will be implemented, it take more time than the mkv fix :D

LAIN

[EDIT] - I'v found that the error is #5 and it is related to rv10 ... i'v try to play the 1.avs (that is related to the avi file), it play for 24 minuts, but it is displayed very fast... like if it was played with fast foward. i'v also try with a fps of 29 and it seem to play correctly, but it have a duration of ~1:30 ... and after the first 30 it has no more video.

Yod4z
7th January 2006, 13:03
@Yod4z

Added 3 things:
1) Do nothing (lol)
2) Close RealAnime
3) Shutdown PC

I almost added reboot PC but it make no sense... :D

Great thanks :D:thanks:

what the best biterate and option for compress some anime movie with x264? i use quality HIGH Mode 2 pass ABR biterate 385 and low biterate matrice, it's possible to compress more wih less lose quality?

Sirber
7th January 2006, 15:06
Low bitrate matrice is not ment for 385kbps but lower, like 250 ;). best not use it.

RealAnime defaults are best for near 640x480 frame size on 24fps. I have no data about 2 pass High vs 3 pass medium, but I know 3 pass gives more stable backgrounds. You can also check "Trellis optimizations" in Advanced (30-40% less speed).

@BoostAddict

look for producer.log

Sirber
7th January 2006, 15:52
Fix: minimum RAM is now 240MB for the one with 256MB, which was reported a bit bellow 256 (or using Wine).

http://www.mytempdir.com/368938

XH42
7th January 2006, 23:36
I seems to have the #-1073741819 (Besweet error) again for the same movie I was trying to encode. From my previous post I said that if I cut off chunks of the movie using VirtualdubMod and encode the cut off file, it seems to work fine. I wonder if it's due to the file size of the CBR 320 mp3 file. Maybe I should just disable the Enocde Audio option. :(

Sirber
7th January 2006, 23:47
Can you post the info of your source (and remove the name) ?

XH42
8th January 2006, 00:39
http://www.picturezero.com/images/XH42/vlcstats.png

This was in my previous post. I could encode the audio separately if I just extract the audio then encode just the audio using belight. But somehow not in this avi container.

Sirber
8th January 2006, 00:56
Please right click on your soruce in RealAnime, hit "Info" and past it here. It got more infos than VLC screenshot ;)

killerhex
8th January 2006, 01:47
hey for the resize filters in realanime can you add more resolution for the final

this are resolutions i used b4 with ermp i was wondering if you can add them to the final version of RA4

640x360
700x400
704x396

XH42
8th January 2006, 02:02
General
Count : 170
Count of text stream : 1
Complete name : REMOVED
Folder name : D:\My Document\My Videos\Others
File name : REMOVED
File extension : avi
File size : 1419296132
File size : 1.32 GiB
File size : 1354 MiB
File size : 1.3 GiB
File size : 1.32 GiB
File size : 1.322 GiB
Format : AVI
Format/Extensions : AVI
Overal BitRate : 1919237
Overal BitRate : 1919 KBps
PlayTime : 5916083
PlayTime : 1h 38mn
PlayTime : 1h 38mn 36s 83ms
PlayTime : 1h 38mn
PlayTime : 01:38:36.083
Title : REMOVED
Codecs Video : DivX 5
Audio codecs : MPEG1/2 L3
Text codecs : SRT
App_Muxing : AVI-Mux GUI 1.17.4, Nov 5 2005 22:53:48

Video #0
Codec : DX50
Codec : DivX 5
Codec/Info : (MPEG4) DivX Networks
Codec/Url : http://www.divx.com
Bit rate : 1586237
Bit rate : 1586 KBps
Width : 704
Height : 400
Aspect ratio : 1.760
Aspect ratio : 16/9
FrameCount : 141985
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.235

Audio #0
Codec : 55
Codec : MPEG1/2 L3
Bit rate : 320000
Bit rate : 320 KBps

Text #0
Count : 170
Kind of stream : Text
Codec : SRT
Codec : SRT

Sirber
8th January 2006, 02:13
@killerhex

Sure!

@XH42

RealAnime doesn't handle TEXT stream with codec MP3 from AVI. Is that file "Dual Audio" ?

killerhex
8th January 2006, 03:23
thanx for the RAM fix its working great

Sirber
8th January 2006, 03:27
it's not that of a fix.... a small number decreased from 256 to 240... :rolleyes:

XH42
8th January 2006, 04:34
No Sirber, it's not a Dual Audio. I import the srt text subtitle from the dvd I ripped.

I wonder if I have to mux the Subtitle onto the video stream using Virtualdub vobsub Plugin...

Sirber
8th January 2006, 04:37
The AVI shouldn't have a SRT. In any case it's not supported by LE. best use MKV container to hold the streams.

Also, why would you recompress twice the source?

XH42
8th January 2006, 07:42
Too big :p

ggab
8th January 2006, 09:40
scenario: a simple clip with video and audio:

is there an option to NOT re-encode the audio and NOT keep the original audio source stream?

i mean, get a .MKV with realanime only with a Video Track (no audio)

BoostAddict
8th January 2006, 09:59
just check the do not encode audio
then open the mastroska gui sirber has packed with the software
and demux the audio from the mkv

at least that's what i do

garbii
8th January 2006, 13:26
So Sirber is it possible to bypass that memory check ?
Your software works well under win 2000 and the start button is enabled , but still under WINE I get the message 256 mb ram required ...

PS add button works just fine ... :) thanx for that

Sirber
8th January 2006, 15:11
@garbii

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=763825#post763825

killerhex
8th January 2006, 19:11
is it possible to add WMV's VC-1 Codec to the final RA 4RC

Sirber
8th January 2006, 19:47
If you can find me a CLI encoder that input AVS and output AVI, then yes :)

spinstate
8th January 2006, 21:32
Sirber, couple of questions..

1)Which Avisynth plugin would you recommend for smoothing/de-noising an anime source with some blocking(RMVB etc..)

2)Which is better? Post-processing on or off in the decoder while encoding an anime source?
Also will using a little bit of sharpening increase the final filesize?

Sirber
8th January 2006, 23:00
1) MSmooth can do a good job. It smooth out the blocks and keeps the shapes.

2) If the source has some squares (MPEG4), a thin PP could help coz you might get those squares in the output :) Try both and see!

garbii
9th January 2006, 14:28
Well I'm now using this Realanime under win2000 .. It's a great software ! Finaly I can make dualaudio and sub encodes ... :)

As for wine compatybility I was more asking like if there is some parameter to bypass the whole mem check ... Like for egzample : "realanme4.exe -nomemcheck "...

I must say that I didn't tried this 240mb version :) Sorry it's really stupid from my side not to check the page before in this thread ...
I'll try to run it in some time but curently I do not have time to do it :( ...

However I'll be back and post here when I'll install and check it with the newest wine ...

Ps .Sirber your software is really great (U deserve the Delphikage title :) ), too bad that there is no Linux programer like U :)

Sirber
9th January 2006, 14:37
I might remove the blocking and just make the popup.

About linux, I read about Kylix (Delphi on linux) and there are not much data avalible, in peticulary about external application managemenr (run, monitor, etc) which RealAnime rely a lot. Maybe we'll make next RealAnime in C# which can be compiled with mano for linux :)

Sirber
9th January 2006, 15:51
http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/6052/ra41nf.th.jpg (http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ra41nf.jpg)

XP themes enabled :D

spinstate
9th January 2006, 15:59
Maybe we'll make next RealAnime in C# which can be compiled with mano for linux

Or in C++ using wxWindows maybe? :D

Sirber
9th January 2006, 16:01
Or in C++ using wxWindows maybe? :DMy knowledge of C++ is weak, but to learn a new language could be cool (like my transition from VB6 for Delphi). Or I could make it a CLI for linux :)

garbii
9th January 2006, 19:59
That's true most Linux aps are writen in C++ ...
I myself am a very poor programer (only C .. MS visual C++ and Turbo pascal) , so I tried to learn anything about it on Linux unfortuantly no easy manuals on the web .

As for:

in peticulary about external application managemenr (run, monitor, etc)

I guess to make such an app You should use both mencoder and realproducer for linux .... Firts uncompress with mencoder then compress with producer ...

However if U plan sth with this for future maybe this links will help
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libreal
>> The project started in 2001 and is still in alpha :( guess it'll never be finished

http://sourceforge.net/projects/h264bitstream
>> This however looks promising it's new and already beta ... As some time passes maybe Mencoder creators will use this libreries ()

Maybe we'll make next RealAnime in C# which can be compiled with mano for linux

That would rock ... but still ... RA uses other exe apps, and here is the problem ? Or maybe not ?

Sirber
9th January 2006, 20:03
In Delphi 7 I use TDosCommand to launch producer, mencoder, etc and monitor it. I know when it's running, and I get exitCode at the end so I can know what happened. Anything similar for linux (C++)?