PDA

View Full Version : Next RipGuard iteration - "Dinosaurs" (The TV series)

setarip_old
3rd May 2006, 03:40
Well, the next iteration of RipGuard has just arrived in Region 1 - on the just released 4 disc set of "Dinosaurs - Season 1 and Season2" (Very funny stuff, by the way - with great Jim Henson puppeteering and animatronics).

Be advised that this "new" RipGuard protection is nothing more than placing bad sector references in many titles, rather than just the primary one(s).

The good news is that, just as before, to properly rip these DVDs all you need to do is:

1) Rip using DVD Decrypter v.3.5.4 in "File" mode (select "ALL" files, NOT "movie" files) and

2) Load the rip into VOBBlanker, set a new output directory/folder, select "Process all" and then press the "Process" radiobutton

BTW - If you're going to burn true 1:1 copies onto DVD-9 media, there's no need to perform step #2, as simply burning the initial rip by DVD Decrypter v.3.5.4 will result in a perfectly playable DVD ;>}

ojdidit
3rd May 2006, 12:51
@setarip_old

Is the use of Vobblanker always necessary after dummy sectors have been inserted? Does Shrink reject the output? I ask because I've noticed at least a few titles that had dummies inserted which Shrink accepted and seemed to play just fine without the extra step.

setarip_old
3rd May 2006, 18:27
Hi!I've noticed at least a few titles that had dummies inserted which Shrink acceptedI'm not aware of any DVD titles that, when DVD Decrypter v.3.5.4 actually creates dummy sectors (NOT just says, "Marked as suspect. Dummy sectors will be created as necessary"), DVD Shrink will accept for input.

What DVD titles (and Regions) do you believe behaved this way?

iguana69347
3rd May 2006, 19:44
Well, this just answered a question that I've been having. EVERY time I use DVD Decrypter and it adds dummy sectors, Shrink won't open the files. It opens some of them but it never has the main movie I need or all of the main movie. That happened even when I used the PSL file for Hostel. Decrypter added some dummy sectors and Shrink wouldn't work. So VobBlanker is the key? I'll have to give that a shot next time. I've never used VobBlanker before but guess it's time to get with the program and see how it works.
Thanks!!

iguana

setarip_old
4th May 2006, 05:09
I've never used VobBlanker before but guess it's time to get with the program and see how it works.Let us know how it goes.Thanks!!My pleasure ;>}

Mug Funky
4th May 2006, 05:57
thanks for the heads-up.

that was a great show. good to see it getting a release. not so good to see ripguard on it, but that's to be expected from a Disney release i guess.

setarip_old
4th May 2006, 06:05
thanks for the heads-up.As always, it's my pleasure ;>}

I'm delighted to be able to finally share this marvelous series with my grandkids - despite the fact that some of the subtle humour will undoubtedly be over their heads!

Somehow, it seems ironic that this is being released during this period of outrageous price increases by the petroleum industry ;>}